What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Yeah so unlucky
Despite his bevy of minders ...

Well on his
Day 51
Ryan Webb

May well extend Conerunner if the Warriors fall over in the cellardweller showdown

I mean a Waterboy win here would be a stupendous affirmation of his terribly & so unfairly maligned coaching credentials

There’ll be thumbs up all round for Gouldy & Kenty & Hoops & Lozza

....I mean Bruce in Bermuda & Andrew on the harbour will equate that with a takeover
or winning the title

FMD
grateful for small professional mercies aren’t they?

....And the Board will throw a gladhanding backslapping troughslurping party for the ages

-hell yeah,
to make it 5/20 on the stat sheet & fuc/k the endless scrutiny off

(till the Tuesdy teamsheet anyway)

Heady days
but let’s pause to take it all in
& then
rewind
to that heinously premature extension by BJ

Hi BJ in Dunedoo -
nice season out there

shame about ours

Shame also about the Chinese barley tariff WTF
You might’ve been a,tad premature there too
- fleeing back to plant

C’est la vie

Anyway, thought we’d fill you in on the good news here in the trenches:

Lafai & Aitken are temporarily out of the 13!!

& the boys on The Forum and ecstatic juniors are pissed legless
celebrating on their keyboards
& all the way down the highway from The Taj to WIN

But your famously Extended One can’t quite sever the umbilical with Turnstile

(we’ve seen this temporary benching ruse before aha)

- but geez McAitken must’ve had a sensational, formless (again)
footyless 2-man
virus lockdown BBQ season,

crawling up your Waterboy’s arse to incredulously make the 17

Knew you’d be stoked about that BJ

... Anyway Ryan old mate, your’re starting to get the picture I guess,

you know,
the Club’s machinations are like THE HOUSE of CARDS writ large

... and you’re taking baby steps we know

But we’ll drop you a little hint,
so you can join some dots

...keep Turnstile & Hole-In-The-Wall out of the 17

Permanently

& the fans will leave you alone

... & some renewal can begin

Got the message?
:clap::clap::clap:

Steve Price, Latimore
Millward, dropped the ball
Team I want, 2nd Last
Team Review massive farce

Ben Hunt, counselling
Friz contracts in the bin
Managements by design
Bj just resigned

We didn’t sign Mary
He was never wanted
Whilst the world was turning..

Ben Hunt, counselling
Footprints, Crawley
Matty Head, Lomax
Slipping over in the backs

Flanno, Issac,
Phil Gould has your back
Meditation, Dufty
f**k you Mary...

LINESPEED

Juniors
After he referred to ‘only having aaah...2 5-day turns’ in his recent ‘presser’ re this years ‘draw that he wants’..I wonder what this era has been.
A 6 year stomach turn?

So Cam says form might now count as a precondition to selection:

“St George Illawarra skipper Cameron McInnes has challenged his teammates to perform or expect line-up changes this NRL season.”

Funny how it’s never been a yardstick for backline selection

And Aitken gets selected having played no NRL games so far this year?

New era?
Yeah right

Last edited:

ChocOConnor

Juniors
If it is all about form

Why the hell is Aitken is even anywhere near a first grade side and on form Mcfwit should be walked to the gates of both Kogarah and Wollongong grounds and thrown in an Uber with directive to the driver hit princess highway and keep going until you can’t

getsmarty

Immortal
dragons-deject-200319_gt_.jpg

DRAGONS

Perform or you'll be punted: Mary puts Dragons on notice
Author
Troy Whittaker NRL.com Reporter
Timestamp
Wed 27 May 2020, 05:53 PM

St George Illawarra have ratcheted up their physical intensity at training after a simple ultimatum from coach Paul McGregor: perform well or lose your spot.

After two frustrating losses to begin the season, Dragons players have revealed McGregor put the side on notice by declaring no one is guaranteed selection, regardless of reputation.

McGregor has already made some tough calls with veterans Issac Luke, Trent Merrin and Tim Lafai not named in his 17 to face the Warriors at Central Coast Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

"Anyone's not really safe is what Mary [McGregor] was saying, the way he put it," bench prop Josh Kerr said.

"[In the past] he sort of has shown a bit more faith towards those boys that have done all the hard work before, in terms of they've earned it.

"... If one of the older boys, more experienced boys has not had the best game, he'd give them another chance next week because he knows they've done it before.

It looks like you may be using adblocking software to view this site.

Many features on the site, such as video playback, may not work properly when using adblocking software.

Please whitelist our domain or disable your adblocker to access all features and videos.

McGregor: November Origin a boost for Dragons

"But we're at a point now where if you're not performing, you're just out. And to be honest, I think it's probably the best thing.

"Because everyone is just - I wouldn't say scared - but they're just a bit more worried about making sure they're doing everything at 100%."

Kerr said there was "a lot of healthy competition throughout the club", with the training field now the main arena for many players to impress the coaching staff after the second-tier Canterbury Cup competition was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

"Everyone's going hammer and tong at training," said Kerr, who considered the likes of Merrin and Jacob Host unfortunate to miss selection for round three having been "outstanding".

Utility forward Tyrell Fuimaono elaborated on the brutal sessions.

"Honestly, these last two weeks we've been smashing each other. I've been as sore as I've been post-game. We've actually been smashing each other," Fuimaono said.

"I think it's the best prep that we can get having had that break of no contact, to go from 0 to 100 real quick. That's the mindset that we took on board, training like we're going to play.

"There's a few boys that lead the way when it comes to that. I know big Taz [Tariq Sims], he doesn't shy away from contact. He loves to bang as well. Friz [Tyson Frizell] goes good.

"I think the middles as a group, now that we have two full teams competing against each other [at training], it's almost like a personal competition to bring it and set the standard."

Asked if the heated scrimmages have boiled over into a scuffle, Fuimaono quipped: "Bully [Luke] keeps getting a bit cheeky, I think a few guys are going to sort him out if he keeps carrying on the way he does. But not yet unfortunately."

Many features on the site, such as video playback, may not work properly when using adblocking software.

Please whitelist our domain or disable your adblocker to access all features and videos.

Round 3 - Cordner among big names set for return

Meanwhile, captain Cameron McInnes is confident he'll be fine to play the whole match at hooker in his return from a knee injury.

"This week coach has decided that it's best to keep the one hooker in the squad and have a different make-up on the bench," McInnes said in reference to Luke's omission.

"I was ready for anything but I've played three years now, 80 minutes at hooker, so it's not going to be anything new to me to do that this week."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/05/27/perform-or-youll-be-punted-mary-puts-dragons-on-notice/

proxy-image

f**k me, I was expecting Mary to wait at least another year or so before placing any actual expectations on players!

Especially some of the older blokes and origin reps he’s turned senile.

I think World War Two had started and finished in less time than Mary came up with this bold new direction!

Otherwise, More promises that everything is going to change and yet another player under duress to provide a glittering testimonial about McstrawclutcherbaldheadedmcFlog.

Another article upon which to throw up after reading.

Another stomping on your head and treating you like mushrooms.

The responses so far from you blokes to this article...lmfao!

You’re a strong bunch, I’ll give you that!

Plus you are not just about to be ripped a new one by the sharks coming down from whatever whack they are on this season.

Last edited:

LINESPEED

Juniors
f**k me, I was expecting Mary to wait at least another year or so before placing any actual expectations on players!

Especially some of the older blokes and origin reps he’s turned senile.

I think World War Two had started and finished in less time than Mary came up with this bold new direction!

Otherwise, More promises that everything is going to change and yet another player under duress to provide a glittering testimonial about McstrawclutcherbaldheadedmcFlog.

Another article upon which to throw up after reading.

Another stomping on your head and treating you like mushrooms.

The responses so far from you blokes to this article...lmfao!

You’re a strong bunch, I’ll give you that!

Plus you are not just about to be ripped a new one by the sharks coming down from whatever whack they are on this season.

FMD
Ryan Webb
on your
Day 52

Sorry for the early start, but I did get up in the hope of seeing paddle-ready McSpace Oddity launched on Crew Dragon

....but alas,
a false alarm

like McFail’s ‘career’ itself I guess.

So, anyway, the boys are on notice to perform or else

(both in the media & on the field perhaps)

& WTF they’re now maybe “scared”
(the mental province of the failed chokercoach)

...rather than confident
(the province of the elite coach)

... and the favoured ones?

well apparently they can no longer rely on the comfortable let’s piss on juniors 6yr suckup routine

Let’s be frank - it’s the Aitken & Lafai disaster that they’re talking about yet again:
FMD:

“he knows they’ve done it before”

(Fuc/k the backline over for 5 years that is ?)

& it’s so submissively & chokingly called
“faith ... in all the boys who’ve done the hard work before”

His only
“tough call” was
....you guessed it
- benching his mate Aitken
& sacking Hole-in-the-Wall

and it was the wrong call to have Turnstile anywhere near the team - as the arselicking continues.

Send them to the Peptides

And get this gem of unprofessional, dumbed down player psychology, fearless leaders Andrew & Ryan,
re selecting on form
(at last - and at least):

“And to be honest. I think it’s probably the ‘best thing’ “

OMFG

After 7 years THIS is where his ‘coaching’ strategy & philosophy has landed

... it’s probably ‘best’ to select on form rather than favouritism

Those poor kids

“Anyone’s not really safe”

- an inanely ironic utterance that should more appropriately apply to your longterm, long-proven failed ‘coach’ & mate, Andrew Gordon

Shame on you Board

You do realise there’s no way out of this chaos
other than the immediate sacking of Mc56/57
& then yourselves
out of guilt

... as your inaction
sanctions
our 2nd year quest for The Spoon

...but of course you know more than

the stats
empty stands
shelved merchandise
deleted emails
outraged membership
laughter from Clubland
glum juniors
ghosts from the past
the Bookies
& Tyson

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
dragons-deject-200319_gt_.jpg

DRAGONS

Perform or you'll be punted: Mary puts Dragons on notice
Author
Troy Whittaker NRL.com Reporter
Timestamp
Wed 27 May 2020, 05:53 PM

St George Illawarra have ratcheted up their physical intensity at training after a simple ultimatum from coach Paul McGregor: perform well or lose your spot.

After two frustrating losses to begin the season, Dragons players have revealed McGregor put the side on notice by declaring no one is guaranteed selection, regardless of reputation.

McGregor has already made some tough calls with veterans Issac Luke, Trent Merrin and Tim Lafai not named in his 17 to face the Warriors at Central Coast Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

"Anyone's not really safe is what Mary [McGregor] was saying, the way he put it," bench prop Josh Kerr said.

"[In the past] he sort of has shown a bit more faith towards those boys that have done all the hard work before, in terms of they've earned it.

"... If one of the older boys, more experienced boys has not had the best game, he'd give them another chance next week because he knows they've done it before.

McGregor: November Origin a boost for Dragons

"But we're at a point now where if you're not performing, you're just out. And to be honest, I think it's probably the best thing.

"Because everyone is just - I wouldn't say scared - but they're just a bit more worried about making sure they're doing everything at 100%."

Kerr said there was "a lot of healthy competition throughout the club", with the training field now the main arena for many players to impress the coaching staff after the second-tier Canterbury Cup competition was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

"Everyone's going hammer and tong at training," said Kerr, who considered the likes of Merrin and Jacob Host unfortunate to miss selection for round three having been "outstanding".

Utility forward Tyrell Fuimaono elaborated on the brutal sessions.

"Honestly, these last two weeks we've been smashing each other. I've been as sore as I've been post-game. We've actually been smashing each other," Fuimaono said.

"I think it's the best prep that we can get having had that break of no contact, to go from 0 to 100 real quick. That's the mindset that we took on board, training like we're going to play.

"There's a few boys that lead the way when it comes to that. I know big Taz [Tariq Sims], he doesn't shy away from contact. He loves to bang as well. Friz [Tyson Frizell] goes good.

"I think the middles as a group, now that we have two full teams competing against each other [at training], it's almost like a personal competition to bring it and set the standard."

Asked if the heated scrimmages have boiled over into a scuffle, Fuimaono quipped: "Bully [Luke] keeps getting a bit cheeky, I think a few guys are going to sort him out if he keeps carrying on the way he does. But not yet unfortunately."

Round 3 - Cordner among big names set for return

Meanwhile, captain Cameron McInnes is confident he'll be fine to play the whole match at hooker in his return from a knee injury.

"This week coach has decided that it's best to keep the one hooker in the squad and have a different make-up on the bench," McInnes said in reference to Luke's omission.

"I was ready for anything but I've played three years now, 80 minutes at hooker, so it's not going to be anything new to me to do that this week."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/05/27/perform-or-youll-be-punted-mary-puts-dragons-on-notice/

proxy-image
You got to add to this.
Why does not the same apply to the Head C...or does it now?
Is Mary passing on orders from HO..Ryan Webb...the board
It is getting all exciting...
The footy back that is

You got to add to this.
Why does not the same apply to the Head C...or does it now?
Is Mary passing on orders from HO..Ryan Webb...the board
It is getting all exciting...
The footy back that is

That’s right.

It’s the passing on of responsibility. Setting the players up to be blamed. The ultimate excuse.

A public threat too. More grandstanding and pr heroics.

Marys publicly threatened to sack players so everything is going to turn around!

And a disclosure that senior players have lived the life of Reilly since time immemorial.

That explains the horror of the final third of last year although he was still hoping for a finals berth as the v2 rockets were seen falling from the sky behind him.

We all saw how the Friz public humiliation went...he was gone (on paper) by the end of the week and put the boot in for good measure.

The players just won’t wear “Modern” Mary.

He should be on the phone to Fittler asking him how to manage the impending locker room revolt.

And it doesn’t apply to head coach at all. He does what he likes.

Last edited:

Reflector

Juniors
Bad news guys-

Had a dream last night I was at a packed Taj Mahal and the Dragons had made the GF. If that happens this season, you bet Mary is getting a 10 year extension...

Dragon David

First Grade
Perform or be sacked should have been in his collection of coaching tactics several years ago. How can the players change in their attitude when they have gotten use to Mary's "she'll be right mate" ways?

The BIG day will come when his coaching tenure at the Dragons is ended with a massive fanfare from us. Can you guys imagine the thrill of it all??!!