Sack mcgregor

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by thebigredv, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Coffs dragon

Coffs dragon Bench

Well done to our new CEO on addressing the fans concerns & rumours. Already an improvement on BJ’s silent treatment last year.

2. Willow

Willow Administrator

Let's hope that is the case and enough of them are genuinely embarrassed by debacle they've created.

The cynic in me says otherwise.

3. piesplusreturns

piesplusreturns Juniors

Huh?

4. piesplusreturns

piesplusreturns Juniors

I haven't heard the whole thing, but I heard Mary say in the press conference re Hunt: "I think you need to have two hookers the way the game is going".

You were forced into it, you merkin.

For god sake, they took recruitment off you cos you couldn't handle it, now they've taken selections off you cos you couldn't handle it.

Take the hint, buddy!

5. Dennis Papaioannou

Dennis Papaioannou Bench

Lots of subjectivity in your post for sure.
    I am always hopeful the pride in the guernsey and love of the club emblem are not dead and buried because we live in "the future".
    Maybe I'm just old fashioned but its those things that made St.George the greatest rugby league club in the world.
    The only other small thing wrong with your post is that Cronulla didn't beat us.

Warabrook saint likes this.
  6. YoHadrian

YoHadrian Juniors

I assume we all just got that email from Webb & felt hopeful for a nanosecond.

" The football department has been under tremendous pressure in recent weeks, and rightly so. Nobody at the club was happy with the opening month of performances, although it was pleasing to see the Dragons earn their first win of the 2020 campaign on Sunday.

I understand that not all members and fans agree with the board's decision to publicly support coach Paul McGregor last week. Their decision on Paul's future was one out of loyalty and backed by the entire club's commitment to improve."

Weasels. :rofl:

7. The Silverdale Phantom

The Silverdale Phantom Bench

Linespeed was right about Webby after all.

So far as I am concerned, he’s roadkill after this piece of sickening crap.

When they’re up against the wall, he’s the first to go.

That he expects people to believe this shows what an exceptionally arrogant and out of touch flog he is. An executive version of Mary.

Sergeant Shultz of L plate ceos.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  8. Dragon David

Dragon David Juniors

It is good that Ryan Webb has informed the Red V members of where things are at - coach, players leaving/denial etc. We need more of these from the CEO so that we are kept in the loop and informed regularly rather than being in the dark and guess working a lot of the stuff.

9. Forbes Creek Dragons

Forbes Creek Dragons Bench

It is good I like it. It’s all most people ask really.

Coffs dragon likes this.
  10. The Silverdale Phantom

The only people who need to improve at sgi are the board of directors and Webb.

Mary is incapable of improving so there’s no point expecting him to try.

To suggest the whole club needs to improve is yet another attempt at blaming the victims.

11. Willow

Willow Administrator

Yeah, I noticed that as well. Negative connotations didn't just emerge overnight.

In this case I'd like to think that Webb is trying to set the record straight. But that nagging cynic in the head keeps saying otherwise.

12. The Silverdale Phantom

Day 70 and Web starts making concessions about what people see are ancillary to the main problem which has been discussed here no end.

This is not the start of some pro-member campaign.

It’s a trickle to address what they rightfully perceive as a massive pushback against the board and club management with a handful of powerful journalists and interests giving them what for along with the members.

That’s not the cynic in me. That’s what I think is the reality.

Leopards don’t change their spots.

And they are yet to accept responsibility as I said before.

It’s a good sign for the anti board forces. A sign of weakness, but now is not the time for mercy.

Pr have taken a new direction, but don’t be fooled again.

If I was in your shoes, I would expect as a minimum, the board to stand down and Mary and Webby to be sacked without further discussions being entered into. Bring in a caretaker committee for one month until democracy can be restored, commonsense prevailed upon, hope given without strings attached.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    LINESPEED likes this.
  13. getsmarty

getsmarty Referee

James Hooper: How Dragons stripped McGregor of power in extraordinary selection move
    Dragons
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Dragons coach Paul McGregor.Source: Getty Images
    St George-Illawarra has implemented a new four-man selection committee process to try and revive signs of life into the ailing Red V season.

Coach Paul McGregor is now joined in a voting process by assistant coaches Shane Flanagan and Dean Young and executive manager of football Ben Haran.

It’s a unique scenario and extremely rare for an NRL head coach to be forced into a voting process on selections.

It would never happen to Wayne Bennett, Craig Bellamy or Ricky Stuart.

Round 6
    This is how fullback Matt Dufty was fast-tracked back into the St George Illawarra starting side to help the Dragons upstage arch-rivals Cronulla for the their maiden victory of the season on Sunday.

After last Monday’s emergency board meeting, Dragons coach McGregor met the board later in the week where the new selection committee concept was outlined.

The under-pressure Dragons coach had no option but to accept the new process after an 0-4 start where the Dragons had gone 160 minutes without scoring a try.

[​IMG]
    Dragons press conference

With the new system in process, the Dragons made six changes to the side beaten by the Bulldogs headed by the return of livewire fullback Dufty, Corey Norman being moved to five-eighth and Trent Merrin starting at lock ahead of James Graham.

The shake-up sparked the Dragons into their best performance of the season with the Red V completing at 90 per cent and making six line breaks.

Fullback Dufty scored a try, made nine tackle busts, two line breaks, two line break assists and two try assists while Ben Hunt enjoyed his best game this season playing dummy-half off the interchange bench.

With Hunt carving up through the middle of the ruck and Cameron McInnes looking a far greater attacking threat as a running lock forward, the Dragons looked like a football team again.

The only change the Dragons new selection committee needs to make now is finding a way to get young gun winger Jason Saab into the team.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/b4a326815dab9981ffa481e0569af2c3

14. Knight Dragon

Knight Dragon Juniors

Sack Mary

15. since77

since77 Juniors

So we have a coach who had the recruitment taken off him a few years back. Now he’s not allowed to pick the team by himself. Well that doesn’t sound like much of a coach to me........ What’s next - he can’t give the half time speech? Well actually that would be helpful too.
    I’m stunned at how breathtakingly dumb these people running the club are. Just sack the moron.

16. gregstar

gregstar Referee

#saintslivesmatter

sack the turd.

17. _Johnsy

_Johnsy Referee

Ummmmm Reece Robson. Ring any bells McTurd you foooknuckle?

18. The Silverdale Phantom

Seems like his only footprint at the club these days is in the form of his mastery of the press conference- so heaven help you.

He’d be ringing his management complaining that they left the selection of the side out of his contractual responsibilities. Small oversight.

Albert is obviously thumbing through the League Unlimited league magazine this morning selecting the side for this weekend!

Was that in the red v email or Webby forgot again?

Things are far worse than I thought possible.

19. Warabrook saint

Warabrook saint Juniors

But he still gets his full pay, 800k :joy:

Coffs dragon likes this.
  20. Coffs dragon

Coffs dragon Bench

Arrogance & survival certainly pay well with the right connections.

since77 and Warabrook saint like this.