What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

The drawback with the secretive democratic selection panel is that when they falter no one outside the inner circle will know who is ultimately responsible.

So the non-head coaches are sharing a lot of responsibility and if the team fails, they will be seen to have a hand in it, instead of just Mary.

This is despite the fact that the non Mary coaches have inherited the squad and so far as I know had little or no input at all into retention and recruitment.

They don’t have the side they always wanted.

Marys footprints are all over this squad.

Dragon David

First Grade
The drawback with the secretive democratic selection panel is that when they falter no one outside the inner circle will know who is ultimately responsible.

So the non-head coaches are sharing a lot of responsibility and if the team fails, they will be seen to have a hand in it, instead of just Mary.

This is despite the fact that the non Mary coaches have inherited the squad and so far as I know had little or no input at all into retention and recruitment.

They don’t have the side they always wanted.

Marys footprints are all over this squad.
All so true and he leaves no DNA on them!

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Mc Gregor has had over six years to get the roster and coaching tactics right. Ideally he should now have the ideal roster and coaching team and strategy. However last year the success rate was barely 30% and this year 33%. The sooner he goes the better without disturbing the rest of the coaching staff. In Ford, Fuimaono, Frizell, Host and Tariq Sims we have some great edge runners but Mc Gregor insists on a bash and barge style and despite Mc Gregor being a great centre the backline rarely spreads the ball.

getsmarty

Immortal
Mc Gregor has had over six years to get the roster and coaching tactics right. Ideally he should now have the ideal roster and coaching team and strategy. However last year the success rate was barely 30% and this year 33%. The sooner he goes the better without disturbing the rest of the coaching staff. In Ford, Fuimaono, Frizell, Host and Tariq Sims we have some great edge runners but Mc Gregor insists on a bash and barge style and despite Mc Gregor being a great centre the backline rarely spreads the ball.

7 years...started may 2014...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-05-26/steve-price-sacked-by-dragons/5477426

getsmarty

Immortal
Robbo is a super coach and this endorsement should be enough for Saints to really give Fitzy strong consideration ahead of the others.

Bennett will do everything in his power to win a comp to retire with but will leave 10 years of damage.

Fitzy will probably make Saints strong long term so he can be at the club long term not a smash and grab like Bennett.

Thanks for 2010 Bennett but you had 2 good chances to come back and knocked them back so it shows how much you care about the Dragons and that is not much.

I can see him ending up at the Dogs to be honest or Cowboys. They will be more his style.

This is not entirely true in regards to Bennett....

Last edited:
All so true and he leaves no DNA on them!

Yes!

Gus attributed the teams poor performance in 2019 to a lack of knowledge about the club ( their employer) and nothing to do with the head coach.

Thus the need for a culture induction program.

But so far this year, you could be forgiven for thinking it hasn’t made too much of an impact.

And of course, the proposition that the squad can improve without a new coach is untenable.

The sgi kid at work is taking the $6.50 on the dragons tonight.

I asked him why ( thinking he had an inside run) and he said “ because I am a loyal supporter. I think we are going to get thrashed, but what else can I do?”

The big kid is hard core, next generation of you guys.

You are in good hands for the future.

That was a miserable second half.

If that was flanners mid field defence, he’s having a lend. He’s kidding.

Errors at clutch moments didn’t help the cause, but that was collateral damage.

Mary will say “ we beat ourselves” and that was a factor, but a long way from the truth.

You are going to get up in their faces or let them through and pressure your line.

By the time raiders thump us next week the test month will be complete. A win against two diabolical teams is going to save Mary's bacon and the nightmare will just go on...

Depressing.

I think the test month is another myth, another public relations technique to threaten change before doing.... nothing.

If you are patient and composed, you will survive it ok.

Mary press conference barely talked about the game at all.

They used to be bad, but this was close to meaningless.

Mary said it all turned at the 50th minute, and a media idiot told him it was good to see the players keep trying after the game was lost.

Well if they’d lifted defensively after they were in front, the game was there to take. The roosters got frightened but lifted up 2 notches.

nickdragons90

Juniors
This bloke has not got a f**king clue how to coach a football team. Not a clue, it’s the same useless shit every week. Oh the effort was great tonight, yay fantastic, they had no Tedesco, no Morris, lost radley in the first 5 minutes, lost there starting hooker, verrills . That second half was f**king dreadful, one out shit . Let’s not have anyone backing up the ball carrier guys, the roosters won’t see this coming. The sooner they get rid of mcf**kwit, piss young off, and get a decent experienced coach. Then quite frankly that’s what’s going to happen against the better teams. I hate to think what next week vs raiders will be like. That will be the game, there attack comes back. Absolutely f**king dreadful. And we have to put up with this prick till 2021. Get f**ked. Just f**k off McGregor, take young and just f**k off back to west Illawarra.

BLM01

First Grade
I will keep doing a @LINESPEED update each and every week

2 out of 7... 28.6% win ratio 2020
8 out of 24...33.3% win ratio 2019
18 out of 48... 37.5% win ratio since Round 9..2018
Down..down..down
No top 8 sides beaten in 2 years except Brisbane semi
Tries from kicks...errors,..penalties...scrimmages...inside and outside shapes....
They are all real McFail as are the stats that count most (the recent ones)
Now that is what needs to be presented in his next interview
Yeh but we are still learning and rebuilding...have faith all

thebigredv

First Grade
I will keep doing a @LINESPEED update each and every week

2 out of 7... 28.6% win ratio 2020
8 out of 24...33.3% win ratio 2019
18 out of 48... 37.5% win ratio since Round 9..2018
Down..down..down
No top 8 sides beaten in 2 years except Brisbane semi
Tries from kicks...errors,..penalties...scrimmages...inside and outside shapes....
They are all real McFail as are the stats that count most (the recent ones)
Now that is what needs to be presented in his next interview
Yeh but we are still learning and rebuilding...have faith all
And yet the media will make it out as if we should be proud of the McGregor Dragons

M e d i o c r i t y

redv13

Bench
The chooks were well and truly fuc*ed during that 1st half and were there for the plucking but of course we find a way to make life hard for ourselves and lose a very winnable game after 20 mins when they were down to 15 and Cordner was busted too. Effort cannot be questioned but geez a couple of terrible decisions by Saab and the Keary try ripped us a new one. Good luck backing up against the Raiders next week, could get ugly especially if the game is moved down to Canberra on a fresh Friday night