What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcrone or our season over.

thebigredv

First Grade
McCrone is no where at the same ability as Ben Hunt when he was dropped by Wayne Bennet a few week ago. His kicking game and options today were woeful. Get Kurt man to 7. He will combine better with Widdop.

And even if he doesn't. Even if Mann turns out to be an abject failure at 7, it is just is the right thing to do given what McCrone does with his boot every single week. I also acknowledge McCrone has some good things in his game, but it just can't make up for his deplorable kicking game. Mary does some things that frustrate and surprise me, but I simply can't fathom why he'd want to handicap his team like that each week. I've never even heard him be critical of McCrone.

Crush

Coach
Mary will never drop McCrone. Its highly frustrating. I have just resigned myself to the fact that we are playing a man down for 2017 every week.

And even if he doesn't. Even if Mann turns out to be an abject failure at 7, it is just is the right thing to do given what McCrone does with his boot every single week. I also acknowledge McCrone has some good things in his game, but it just can't make up for his deplorable kicking game. Mary does some things that frustrate and surprise me, but I simply can't fathom why he'd want to handicap his team like that each week. I've never even heard him be critical of McCrone.
Actually, he has become totally predictable.
Avoids change unless he has no option.
Will not change McCrone and try something different - no matter what.
If we had any sort of tactical kicking game, we would do so much better.
That is obviously not a priority for him and he will continue to be conservative regardless of the outcomes.
It's like he is determined to prove a point.
We got out of jail yesterday but we will be exposed against better teams.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Actually, he has become totally predictable.
Avoids change unless he has no option.
If we had any sort of tactical kicking game, we would do so much better.
That is obviously not a priority for him and he will continue to be conservative regardless of the outcomes.
It's like he is determined to prove a point.
We got out of jail yesterday but we will be exposed against better teams.

Spot on denis
We need to improve to beat the Titans.
We must come out with much more intensity.
Titans played well the other day.
No vaughan.
But JBL will be back.

SEAT 1A

Bench

That's what I don't get. It's been said that Widdop prefers McCrone however, why can't the coach overrule a player for the good of the team.

Read that Nona reinjured himself, so there may be no other option other than McCrone. If Field has some type of a kicking game, it's better than what McCrone is giving at the moment.