What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SAD DAY FOR RUGBY LEAGUE

ruggabugga

Juniors
kimmorley,

If the dogs are the most professional team in the comp then, i suggest the game is in tatters. dropped balls, wayward passes , missed tackles, ridiculous choice of options and that was only the doggies...addi n the Roosters mistakes and the refs liabilities and we have a game in serious trouble.Shit mate, I am worried. help!

^ Pando

retired
Fantastic game, and well played by the Roosters.

To those who don't like the result, go f**k yourselves. :lol:

We are the PREMIERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) :clap:

eelsta

Bench
Frailty said:
Hey what do you expect victor? he supports the eels... i wouldn't be surprised if he was actuall bloody fitzgerald himself
and you support the raiders cant handle it when a player leaves can :roll: :roll:

Corbin

Juniors
mickdo said:
Well, I feel very sad for the game. A team that rorted the salary cap and has brought more disrepute to the code than any other in recent history has now won the GF with most of that rorting side intact, just two years on. The players of 1908 would turn in their grave...

mate your dead right
and ask willie mason didnt deserve clive churchill medal ... coc' cheat....coffs habour and their club salary cap...

no players who have brought so much bad news to the game should have a chance at winning it

stubbsie

Juniors
They brought the game in the gutters, but the roosters hold the game back with there selfishness in buying players and not producing a great deal of players into the NRL.

In a lot of ways me and you are very familar people

Frailty

First Grade
Hey what do you expect victor? he supports the eels... i wouldn't be surprised if he was actuall bloody fitzgerald himself

and you support the raiders cant handle it when a player leaves can

Oh actually thats quite funny considering i don't support the raiders #-o .... but dont worry i wont tell anyone dennis

ruggabugga

Juniors
Yeah, yeah, Yeah...Who gives a stuff who won such a crap game. We are in deep shit when we have our two top teams unable to catch the ball and miss all those tackles. Shit, we have to do better than this. Give us the Cowboys or Panthers but not this muscle bound crap.

Davester

Juniors
^ Pando said:
Fantastic game, and well played by the Roosters.

To those who don't like the result, go f**k yourselves. :lol:

We are the PREMIERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) :clap:

Congrats to the Bulldogs on a well deserved win. No excuses with the conditions either. Both teams fought hard and ya can't whinge with the result.

weasel

First Grade
I was going for the roosters, because I thought purely on football played this year they deserved it, but I still dislike them and feel many people associated with the club (players and fans) deserve what they've had to suffer through these past two seasons. But I think it should be noted that Andrew Ryan never would have been at the club if the Bulldogs had never cheated the cap, I mean when they signed him they were already breaching it, so any Canterbury success that he heavily contributes to is tainted, imo. Look at what he's done this year. It's a big chance they wouldn't have been premiers without him.

Frailty

First Grade
And the fact is we wont have to see Phil Gould's ugly mug saying how good the roosters are.... oh wait he will probably make an excuse or a conspiracy up to cover them!

Iafeta

Referee
mickdo said:
So Vik, you think that all should be forgiven?

They did their time, they served their punishment. They got booted out of the 2002 comp, they also started to have to cull key personnel as a result and play with a restricted salary cap.

Deadset, you and the bloke from www.rleague.com should get a room. That clown believed in so many hypocritical misnomas it wasn't funny, I hope he chokes on his petty words.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Everyone describing this is the 'worst day in rugby league history' are absolute f**kwits. The Dogs should be applauded for coming back from all of the shit in their past. You all seem to forget that the allegations from Coffs Harbour were just that: allegations. There's no proof that the 'Dogs did anything illegal. Likewise, the players can't be blamed for the mismanagement of the club in 2002.

I thought it was fitting that Mason got the Clive Churchill Medal. One player's quest to put a bad past behind him mirrored an entire team's own goal to shrug off their mantle as cap cheats and troublemakers.

Taiwan RL fan

Juniors
It was a great game. the Bulldogs deserved it. Clive Churchill would have been happy to see Willie Mason win the medal. He isn't smart and he's made plenty of mistakes in his life, but at heart he is a decent guy. More importantly, he was the best player on the field tonight, AND THATS THE CRITERIA.

As if all the previous winners were saints!!! The best thing about RL is that the emotion it generates is real. And nothing was more real than the Bulldogs 2nd half performance. Spirit and application. I'm happy for them.