What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sailor is one of our best forwards

Bring back choc

Juniors
He is regularly topping the hit up count, he regularly tops (or near tops) the metres gained.... i think his work as an "extra forward" is going under the radar a little. This has allowed bennett to use extra backs on the bench (which is why nightingale was getting away with being a bench player). i think will be a valuable asset come finals time. It gives us scope for a versatile bench. I still think when we have a fully fit side i would have to leave out dan hunt. This is not a personal tirade against him, i just dont think he's ready for the big games. He doesn't have the aggression in his hit ups that can threaten a defensive line... i am not just saying this. Watch all his runs and you will see. And some of his one on one tackling has been very poor the last couple of weeks. I think he needs another season or to before i get carried away like many already have here. Would people leave out Paea for him????

Doug2234

First Grade
Dan Hunt has potential. Why not play him in the big games?? He has to learn sooner or later what big games feel like and the pressure that comes with it. I dont believe Saffy had a cracking game against the Warriors yesterday but that doesnt mean i dump him all together..

Hunt is too small to be a hit up kinda guy. His more used to run at the line and squeeze through and offload rather then bust over players. As his not as big as Poore or Weyman he doesnt tire as fast and is good for longer on a 30 degree day come October 4th!!!

Godz Illa

Coach
lol Under the radar? He's been playing as an extra forward it since... sh*t, since he came to the club last year!! Have a look over the stats from some of those games. And it's not like no-one has mentioned it either, at the start of this year most of us had him in the team ahead of Morris/Nightingale purely for that reason. hahaha no surprise you're so slow to catch up bbc... you always are

big_dell

Juniors
if he is to play on next year i think he'll be coming off the bench as a forward with BMoz, Boyd and Nightingale at the back

as for dan hunt being dropped bennett re-signed him for three years where he could have bolstered up justin poore's package which shows wayne has plenty of faith in him

boxa777

Coach
Delve deep into the post and you will find that despite the title and the Dell praise, it is yet another appeal to have Dan Hunt out of the team.

I feel exhausted for you.

Godz Illa

Coach
I tried to ignore it bro.

*sigh*

5 tackle breaks from Hunt yesterday, but "he doesn't threaten a defensive line". 2 of his offloads in the last 2 games have led to tries. "But he doesn't threaten a defensive line".

grandorient

Bench
Danny Hunt may not be a superstar, but he is the type of player that goes quietly and confidently about his business.

I reckon watching the game, his teammates feel the same and are confident about his abilities. I believe his coach thinks so too.

I'd have Danny in my starting 17, every day of the week.

GO

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Dan Hunt has been f**king outstanding. He's big, effective & skillful & has a big motor & a love of the club to boot.

He's got Poores spot next year for sure & I'm very farkin happy for him. He's done his apprenticeship with a minimum of fuss when he could have jumped up and down about starting from the bench.

He's still only 22 - watch him go over the next few years.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
read back thru any club report from 2005-2007, when anyone in the club was asked who had the best potential of our up & comers, the answer was always the same..

dan hunt..

this was even when he & florence were carving it up in the u21s, and flo won the player of the year award - many still rated hunt the better prospect.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Hey Muzby,

Were yout the MBDS event yesterday? I had a mate making his first appearance.

Little seedy today and on the outer on the home front by all reports.

Bring back choc

Juniors
oh dear...

Dan hunt is hopeless. God zilla you dead set must be Dan hunts dad. You are an absolute biased, one eyed rose petal glasses joker.
You people will turn Hunt into another Sims.... everyone talks him up, talks him up and talks him up. Guess what, he never does anything.

By the way i am not saying he is not going to be something decent in a couple of years. But for this year, the present day, if we make a GF i feel there's a better person to play rather than Hunt.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
oh dear...

Dan hunt is hopeless. God zilla you dead set must be Dan hunts dad. You are an absolute biased, one eyed rose petal glasses joker.
You people will turn Hunt into another Sims.... everyone talks him up, talks him up and talks him up. Guess what, he never does anything.

By the way i am not saying he is not going to be something decent in a couple of years. But for this year, the present day, if we make a GF i feel there's a better person to play rather than Hunt.

LOL. I think the only one eyed person on here is you.

Your opinion of course & you are entitled to it, but I'll take Bennetts judgement on the matter over yours thanks.

watatank

Coach
read back thru any club report from 2005-2007, when anyone in the club was asked who had the best potential of our up & comers, the answer was always the same..

dan hunt..

this was even when he & florence were carving it up in the u21s, and flo won the player of the year award - many still rated hunt the better prospect.

I thought the Morris boys were the supposed to be the best of the up and comers...

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Hey Muzby,

Were yout the MBDS event yesterday? I had a mate making his first appearance.

Little seedy today and on the outer on the home front by all reports.

yes i was..

they are always top events.. no wonder your made was a little off colour this morning.. hehe..

Cagey Mac

Bench
I'm a recent convert
I'd have Hunt in front of Saffy and Paea as props and as a defender he shades Prior and Costigan IMO. He can drop the ball occasionally but he's not Robinson Crusoe there.
He is our best improver in the latter half of the season for mine. The caveat to that would be Jon Green who I'm really starting to rate. He may be a bit suspect in his lateral defence (or his anticipation) but he's a real keeper I reckon

Mr Red

First Grade
Hunt is too small to be a hit up kinda guy. His more used to run at the line and squeeze through and offload rather then bust over players. As his not as big as Poore or Weyman he doesnt tire as fast and is good for longer on a 30 degree day come October 4th!!!

hunt too small???? WTF????

Poore - 188cm and 108kg
Hunt - 190cm and 106kg

yeah....he's tiny.... dont know how he could possibly break the line being that small...

grandorient

Bench
Hey Bring Bac Choc,

Why do you rate DH so lowly. I find him to be a team man above all else and that with his other abilities make him a first rate forward in IMO.

Certainly not having a go, just interested in your point of view.

GO

Latest posts