What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saint Benny the greatest of all time!

Minh

First Grade
The best thing to happen to this club in all my time supporting the Dragons was the appointment of Wayne Bennett. He came, he saw, he delivered, heres hoping that he sees out the rest of his coaching career at the Dragons. I love Wayne Bennett, simply the best.

The best thing to happen to this club in all my time supporting the Dragons was the appointment of Wayne Bennett. He came, he saw, he delivered, heres hoping that he sees out the rest of his coaching career at the Dragons. I love Wayne Bennett, simply the best.

Couldnt agree more mate

I was reading how he nearly signed Todd Carney after meeting with him last year. You read about how he influences so many people off the paddock and in so many articles people state how they contacted Wayne and asked his advice. Not just players but coaches as well.

I was especially interested on his comments how he had to make the players believe that the chokers tag didnt mean anything to him in order for the players to cast off the doubt themselves.

The attack goes Left all year, us fans wonder how predictable we have become and how we will get picked off and will the defence really do it for us.

Comes the GF and we attack Right and continue to score that side throughout the game.

Enjoy the celebrations WB and thanks for a fantastic ride.

Dragon

Coach
An amazing man. Silenced every critic and you could just see how happy he was for the players and fans. Immortalise him and Jack now

Minh

First Grade
Couldnt agree more mate

I was reading how he nearly signed Todd Carney after meeting with him last year. You read about how he influences so many people off the paddock and in so many articles people state how they contacted Wayne and asked his advice. Not just players but coaches as well.

I was especially interested on his comments how he had to make the players believe that the chokers tag didnt mean anything to him in order for the players to cast off the doubt themselves.

The attack goes Left all year, us fans wonder how predictable we have become and how we will get picked off and will the defence really do it for us.

Comes the GF and we attack Right and continue to score that side throughout the game.

Enjoy the celebrations WB and thanks for a fantastic ride.

Very good assessment, the man's a genius and a class act as well the way he has a positive influence on people, a true life coach and mentor.

boro

Juniors
i got a hand slap from him after the speach at kogarah, then ran around the other side and tried to get another one haha,,, legend..

Dragon

Coach
Heard many rumors about Nth QLd/Brisbane. I dont think any Saints fan would hold it against him if he went back home, but i hope he sticks around and ends up retiring with us. Listening to Jamie speak after the game really just underlined how highly he is regarded with the playing group.

Tyler Durden

Juniors
Yep.
I think yesterday was when Wayne moved at least to the equal of Jack Gibson, if not above. And the thing that strikes you is how humble he is and just goes on and does not make him the centre and focus. Sydney media maybe are starting to realise this.

And a thought too for Brian Smith. 4GF's and not a premiership. Would be a travesty if he finished up without a title.

Two great gentlemen of the game, who have done this game great service

dragonfan1

Juniors
Yep.
I think yesterday was when Wayne moved at least to the equal of Jack Gibson, if not above. And the thing that strikes you is how humble he is and just goes on and does not make him the centre and focus. Sydney media maybe are starting to realise this.

And a thought too for Brian Smith. 4GF's and not a premiership. Would be a travesty if he finished up without a title.

Two great gentlemen of the game, who have done this game great service

Remember Gibson coached the Dragons but was unable to deliver a premiership during his time with them.

RedVDave

First Grade
What else can you say about Wayne Bennett that has not already been said? Deadset legend! Greatest coach of all-time! The master!

Thank you Saint Benny!

AJ_82

Juniors
Bennett's lost you more grand finals than he's won.

You are wrong buddy .... Brian Smith has lost us more grand finals then Wayne Bennett ... just so you are clear:

B Smith 0 Win 2 Loss
W Bennett 1 Win 0 Loss

If you don't like that, go back and crawl into your poo poo!

big pat

Coach
You are wrong buddy .... Brian Smith has lost us more grand finals then Wayne Bennett ... just so you are clear:

B Smith 0 Win 2 Loss
W Bennett 1 Win 0 Loss

If you don't like that, go back and crawl into your poo poo!

hey aj, how are you going mate, when are you coming back to the big smoke, anyway enjoy the wave of success a bit longer, oh an and f**kwit trolls can say what they like, bennett is king.

AJ_82

Juniors
hopefully sooner rather than later ... maybe even next week. Might have to organise dinner with the lads if im staying overnight! Or even lunch in the city for those working in the city!

Latest posts