What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints and Rabbitohs to swap.

Dr@gons Man

Juniors
I heard a rumor that Because Lee Hookey really wants to go back to souths and souths really want him they are willing to 'swap Andrew Hart for Lee Hookey' although it looks like they will end up just letting Hookey go anyway and we wont get Hart back. Also expect Kimmorley to announce his signing on thursday or friday.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
G'day Dr@gons Man:
Apparently Andrew Hart has a change of mind. IMO, he showed us what he is capable of in the latter matches and seemed genuinely upset whenever he cost us a penalty.
I feel sorry for Lee Hookey who was kept out of first grade by McGregor.

Anyway, the Kimmorley thing 'will he or won't he?' is looking more and more like he will sign this week as you say.

I don't think Souths will swap Hart for Hookey. He is on a three year contract and is considered one of the key recruits. Coleman certainly wants to keep him.
With Treacy staying put the Dragons will have real salary cap problems if they sign Kimmorley.
Cheers
Bigbopper h

I see Hookey didn't even make the starting line-up for the Dragons first division grand final team.
That is probably a sign that he is not going to be there next year.
Cheers
Bigbopper b

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Well we don't know that Bopper,Hookey may be injured but I agree that he won't be with Saints next year.
Personally, I hope you're right about Treacy and the rumours of him going to Salford are wrong.
The Kimmorley thing has the potential to cause more hassle than it's worth. IF he is signed, there'll be pressure on him to perform next year because he ain't coming cheap. While most Dragons supporters willbe happy to see BK wearing a red vee next year, it shouldn't come at the expense of players like Treacy who, IMO, is set for a great 2002.
I think you'll find that if Peters and Hookey go, then they'll be able to fit Kimmorley in.

Hookey: if he goes then the best of luck to him.Dragons have not treated him very well.
Peters: Should never have been signed in the first place.Absolutely useless 1st grade footy player.Dragons should at least try to make up for that mistake and attempt to recoup some money or sign a more appropiate player.
Now I have read that Peters may go to the neagles.That would be good,very,very good.

M

Ms.Storm

Kimmorley is a real ratbag!
If he had any ethics, he would have remained with the Eagles.
I hope he never ever wears a Storm jersey again.
emunlove.gif
emthdown.gif

Peters going to the Eagles (who are short of players) is appearing more and more likely.
The Roosters, who don't seem to have to worry about the salary cap, are now the favourites for BK's signature. That leaves the question - where will Paul Green go?
Cheers
Bigbopper a

Willow

Assistant Moderator
IMO, it's always been between Easts and Saints as to who will get BKs signature.
The gate crashers of the salary cap always having the inside running.
Saints on the other hand seem quite determined to stay within cap restrictions, sometimes to their detriment.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
According another thread (I think Raging Bulldog in '2001-the rest of the awards'), BK signed with Easts this afternoon.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
BTW, Big Bopper. Hookey has been named at No.19 so he may still be in the team depending on the omissions.

Dr@gons Man

Juniors
<table align=center border=0 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=5 width="100%"> <tbody> <tr> <td>KIMMORLEY LOOKING MORE LIKE A DRAGON THAN ROOSTER</td></tr> <tr> <td>28 September 2001
kimmorleyblues.jpg
Brett Kimmorley moved a step closer to signing a deal with St George Illawarra today when the National Rugby League club made an official offer to the former Northern Eagles halfback.
But Kimmorley's manager Sam Ayoub said the 25-year-old would not agree to any deal until he received a response from the NRL board on a proposal to have a salary cap exemption for Kimmorley next year.
Ayoub has pushed for an exemption for the NSW and former Australian Test halfback following the demise of the joint venture Eagles outfit.
"He's in a totally different situation to the other players," Ayoub said.
"One because of the amount of money he's on and two because of the player he is."
Ayoub categorically denied reports tonight Kimmorley had agreed to terms with the Sydney Roosters and said negotiations with the Dragons were proceeding well.
"The Dragons have actually faxed through a proposal today and I have a proposal in front of the NRL board tonight," he said.
"And until that's considered Brett's not in a position to consider anything."
Meanwhile, English club Salford Reds has stepped up the chase for Dragons forward Darren Treacy.
Reds coach Steve McCormack said the tough-tackling backrower had become a priority buy and the club was keen to finalise a two-year deal.
"He is a tough defender who has the ability to break the first line of defence - we are determined to bring him in because of what he can offer," McCormack said.
Reds chief executive Dave Tarry today dismissed reports former Wigan and New Zealand coach Frank Endacott was to be offered the job of Reds football director</td></tr></tbody></table>