What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints Best player of the season?

counterpuncher

Juniors
Rein. Thought he would be on the outer and at best backing up King, Fien and Young if injuries hit. Really stepped up his defence and his close range tries have been a welcome addition to our "attack".

BMoz goes without saying....

damn, times change. You struggled to seperate the entire team in 2010, everyone performed week in, week out. Pretty miserable when everyone can only come up with 4-5 names who can come out of this mess of a season with their reputations intact.

nrlnrl

First Grade
It seems that the players are putting in the effort, but not playing to their real potential in attack - that's the frustrating part. That was typified last Saturday night - terrible kicking in the conditions that were used cleverly by the Tigers in the 2nd half. Considering the amount of possession the Tigers had inside our 20, the score was very respectable - fantastic effort in defence. The attack in the first half came up with 2 tries - one from dummy half & the other from a piece of individual brilliance by Brett Morris. Once again, very predictable & didn't cash in on the Tigers vulnerable players in defence.

At times the attack has been brilliant, but only seems to occur when the Dragons are chasing points - last few minutes of Anzac Day v Roosters, round 5 v Broncos & round 15 v Bulldogs are a few examples. We even saw Matt Prior with an awesome around the corner offload against the Rabbitohs when well behind on the scoreboard.

I don't want to see touch footy like the Tigers v Eels game, but there is a lot more skill in the attack than we've seen for 90% of the season. I heard it raised at a press conference, but the reply was if that doesn't work as our game plan, we have nothing to fall back on. That seems very negative !

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
Match winner ( although we didnt have many:x ) BMOZ

Most improved REIN

Full of heart NIGHTY

Full of potential MERRIN

Last edited:

Stagger Lee

Bench
Weyman was in sensational form before being cruelled. Nightingale has not put a foot wrong but due to our poor attack has not shined as per normal. Mitch Rein has been a revelation but in the end I am tossing a coin between Morris or Merrin. The last few games may decide.

TruSaint

Referee
Weyman was in sensational form before being cruelled. Nightingale has not put a foot wrong but due to our poor attack has not shined as per normal. Mitch Rein has been a revelation but in the end I am tossing a coin between Morris or Merrin. The last few games may decide.

Good call bro.
Watching every game this year i cant fault Nighty. Lets remember he is playing out of position.

W.Smith

Juniors
id go with Mez or BMoz both been great in a season with few consistent standouts - id throw Sowy, Rein, Flo in just behind the first two to fill out a top 5 imo