What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints fans challenged to turn up

The Major

Bench
Here's a hypothetical. Say we win. And we play the Titans in the GF. Do you honestly think this particular paper would get behind the only Sydney based team during the build up or carry on with the Titans and their first GF appearance etc. Oh and the Scott Prince love in also. If its us vs the Roosters it would be epic. Two teams with a proud heritage and staunch fans. A ratings bonanza. But like i said, just a hypothetical.

The Major

Bench
Oh hang on! Remember 1975?? Can see the back page now. Buzzs insiders with all the goss on the people still reeling from that loss and THOSE white boots.

Doug2234

First Grade
Here's a hypothetical. Say we win. And we play the Titans in the GF. Do you honestly think this particular paper would get behind the only Sydney based team during the build up or carry on with the Titans and their first GF appearance etc. Oh and the Scott Prince love in also. If its us vs the Roosters it would be epic. Two teams with a proud heritage and staunch fans. A ratings bonanza. But like i said, just a hypothetical.

Im pretty sure they got behind Parra last year Ray. Proclaiming it as US vs THEM. DO IT FOR SYDNEY etc.

But it is the Dragons and the DT has major issues with Saints for some reason... O well who gives a f**k. FIRE UP

Drew-Sta

Staff member

Roosters or Titans will = Massive Telecrap love in.

Honestly, I prefer the fortress mentality. The hate will only drive the players harder and make the victory all the sweeter should we take it.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Oh hang on! Remember 1975?? Can see the back page now. Buzzs insiders with all the goss on the people still reeling from that loss and THOSE white boots.
One of the reasons why I hope it's a Saints v Easts grand final is so we have the opportunity to deliver payback. lol.

Come to think of it though, Saints v Titans would make for some interesting conversations in Qld. If that's the way it pans out, I'll be decking out my GC workplace in red and white. The bonus is that it'll rile up the locals.

STG 002

First Grade
i loved this blokes response to the column

• [FONT=&quot]Mitch of KB [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Posted at 5:09 AM Today[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Benny Elias, you're a funny bugger. Dragons fans don't travel, hilarious. 104,583 (League World Record) turned up to Homebush in 1999 for the Grand Final between the Dragons and out of towners Melbourne. I guess 80,000 of them were Balmain and Wests supporters..you muppet. [/FONT]

STG-Dragon

Juniors
What a f**king poor attempt at getting a big crowd! Dragons fans don't travel! :crazy::crazy::lol::lol: Stupidest thing I have heard in a while!! Other teams always love home games against us we guarantee a big crowd, hence why we have never played at Gosford no team moves thier home games there because they don't need to they are guaranteed a big home crowd! Back door Benny and his big mouth mates are f**king morons! Go the Dragons!!!! BTW I have seen 20 games or so this season but I don't think I can make this one cause of a dickhead mate whom chose to get married on Saturday night! F#UCK!

Last edited:

ouwet

Bench
wtf, this is getting ridiculous all these f**king articles! someone needs to break Beau Ryans legs that f**king smart ass

St George supporters go ON about the media not being trustworthy... Yet you believe everything about other players/teams...
SMH Have apologised to Ryan, as that article and it's 'quotes' were taken completely out of context!

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Do you expect anything less from the Terrorgraph?

As for Benny: great player but when you want a quote to write a rubbish article like this one he is the first point of call.

St George supporters go ON about the media not being trustworthy... Yet you believe everything about other players/teams...
SMH Have apologised to Ryan, as that article and it's 'quotes' were taken completely out of context!

Thanks for that Mr. Bulldogs how you ended up strolling on here is funny lol

saints4ever

First Grade
This is the most pathetic attempt at baiting ive ever heard (and yes I know by commenting im taking it but i dont care)

If the telecrap are going to do it at least make it sound plausible. "saints fans dont travel" lol. why are our away averages so high? most teams want to play us in their most preferential allocation because they know we bring the crowds.
comment was obviously designed to stir sh*t but in reality = EPIC FAIL.

"they didnt even sell out their home final" ah yes, against a severely weakened team that we were told all week had no chance. for some supporters like myself, who couldnt get the time off work had to miss the first twenty minutes of the first half. and lets not forget that its no longer the dragons in charge of allocation, marketing, or gate taking etc its the NRL. there was apparently a monumental stuff up from ticketek holding back seats and such which happened last year as well. we had plenty of fans complain they couldnt get "good enough" seats for the price, and so they gave up.

why did they hold them back again? so non ticketed and manly fans could get some. non ticketed ones are the ones such as myself who cant get to all the games. but still, if all tickets had gone on sale to dragons season ticket holders, with no hold back bullsh*t, we wouldnt be hearing this sh*t because they would've been snapped up by us and manly wouldve had no one there. FACT.
COMMENT = ANOTHER EPIC FAIL.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
While I accept that Elias is simply trying to bait people, he's not even remotely close to the mark.

I stopped reading the article after the statement "Dragons fans don't travel" and I would refer Mr. Elias to the average away crowd table which tells a very obvious and different story:

Away crowd averages 2010
STG (12 games) 290,806 - average 24,234
WST (12 games) 233,936 - average 19,495
PAR (12 games) 205,348 - average 18,704
SYD (12 games) 202,695 - average 17,894
GCO (12 games) 206,863 - average 17,239
SOU (11 games) 206,773 - average 17,231
CBY (12 games) 206,617 - average 17,218
BRI (12 games) 203,437 - average 16,953
PEN (12 games) 187,010 - average 15,584
NZW (12 games) 186,634 - average 15,553
MAN (12 games) 185,739 - average 15,478
CAN (12 games) 172,924 - average 14,410
NWC (11 games) 171,515 - average 14,293
NQL (12 games) 168,702 - average 14,059
MEL (12 games) 168,109 - average 14,009
CRO (12 games) 163,921 - average 13,660

Saints by the length of the straight in travelling fans.

I suggest Elias find another foot to put into his mouth.

saints4ever

First Grade
Exactly, its obvious they want a big crowd, yeah ok we get it. But seriously if Elias had said that to me on the street, even if I was a non saints fan id still ask if he was fair dinkum and a full quid. Both of which are yet to be discovered.

Like us or hate us, we follow our team wherever they go

j0nesy

Bench
While I accept that Elias is simply trying to bait people, he's not even remotely close to the mark.

I stopped reading the article after the statement "Dragons fans don't travel" and I would refer Mr. Elias to the average away crowd table which tells a very obvious and different story:

Away crowd averages 2010
STG (12 games) 290,806 - average 24,234
WST (12 games) 233,936 - average 19,495
PAR (12 games) 205,348 - average 18,704
SYD (12 games) 202,695 - average 17,894
GCO (12 games) 206,863 - average 17,239
SOU (11 games) 206,773 - average 17,231
CBY (12 games) 206,617 - average 17,218
BRI (12 games) 203,437 - average 16,953
PEN (12 games) 187,010 - average 15,584
NZW (12 games) 186,634 - average 15,553
MAN (12 games) 185,739 - average 15,478
CAN (12 games) 172,924 - average 14,410
NWC (11 games) 171,515 - average 14,293
NQL (12 games) 168,702 - average 14,059
MEL (12 games) 168,109 - average 14,009
CRO (12 games) 163,921 - average 13,660

Saints by the length of the straight in travelling fans.

I suggest Elias find another foot to put into his mouth.

Surely this is due to the fact that opposition fans just love to watch our team play? You know with our attacking flair and all :sarcasm:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
LOL! You're a cretin. You think the media is trustworthy.
ouwet said:
It ain't the Crap paper. Got a link to that trollboy?

AJ_82

Juniors
I have a use for the telecrap ... those of you who know me will understand ... for those who don't, you will see on Saturday night!

P.S. Ye olde backpack maybe brought out of retirement!

innsaneink

Referee
One of the reasons why I hope it's a Saints v Easts grand final is so we have the opportunity to deliver payback. lol.

Come to think of it though, Saints v Titans would make for some interesting conversations in Qld. If that's the way it pans out, I'll be decking out my GC workplace in red and white. The bonus is that it'll rile up the locals.
A bit like how this pathetic BS article has riled all you blokes up?
LOL

Latest posts