What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints signing gidley and asotasi

pmarrow

Juniors
Loving the way Saints fans are this year. :D

Best thing for me is when Yeamo scored back to back hat tricks and yep you've guessed it he all of a sudden wanted to sign for Saints.

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
pmarrow said:
Loving the way Saints fans are this year. :D

Best thing for me is when Yeamo scored back to back hat tricks and yep you've guessed it he all of a sudden wanted to sign for Saints.

Stop trying to falsly create some kind of feeling that we are being arrogant about new signings, I can't see where we are being.

We are losing the best centre in the world, and you think we are arrogant for thinking Matt Gidley, 29 and retired from representative games, is a realistic target to replace him.

pmarrow

Juniors
Fairleigh Good! said:
Stop trying to falsly create some kind of feeling that we are being arrogant about new signings, I can't see where we are being.

We are losing the best centre in the world, and you think we are arrogant for thinking Matt Gidley, 29 and retired from representative games, is a realistic target to replace him.

Quote me where I said that.

Now whilst I know most rumours are a load of bull and that more often then not they is more then just one player linked to a club. However the way Saints fans are linking any decent centre to them is just a joke. Now whilst yourself personally may not have been on other forums and told other fans who Saints are signing they are some who are.
It wasn't that long ago when somebody suggest Yeaman had handed a transfer request in at Hull because he heard Saints were interested and they was also a thread on rlfans where Saints fans claimed Yeamo would be at Saints next season.

It makes it completey better when I know its complete rubbish, firstly Yeaman is a left Centre ( Lyon is a Right)and secondley Hull have just opened contract extension talks with him.

Whilst I respect you consider yourself to be a level headed fan most of your fans just seem to be the opposite. They tell opposition fans they will sign there best player as they want to play for Saints, probably spend 10 minutes telling you how superior there team is to yours and before I forget there one of the most succesful teams during the sumer era bla bla. You only have to look at rlfans to see how much Saints fans think your superior to everyone else, calling your fansite www.theentertainers.tv . If you need another excuse probably the fact your still calling Jamie Lyon the best centre in the world even though he's done nothing this year and probably isn't the form centre of super league.

Saints used to hold a soft spot in every rugby league fans heart but now a days more people in the game are just seeing you all as too arrogant.

macavity

Referee
Gidley will kill it in the ESL retirement village if he decides to go.

one of the classiest centres u will see, and in arguably career best form.

Newcastle fans dont want him to go, thats for sure.

Lowey3

Juniors
macavity said:
Gidley will kill it in the ESL retirement village if he decides to go.

one of the classiest centres u will see, and in arguably career best form.

Newcastle fans dont want him to go, thats for sure.

The decision now rests with Gidley.

The contract is on the table it's up to him if he wants a change.

macavity

Referee
hmm, the beaches of newcastle or the.... biting cold? of nth pommyland....

must be a big contract!

WJ

Juniors
FG i don't think lyon is on that much, When saints signed him he had turned his back on the game so it was a huge gamble.

If he is on a huge salary i would question how saints can fit him in under the current system.

Evil Homer

Staff member
macavity said:
hmm, the beaches of newcastle or the.... biting cold? of nth pommyland....

must be a big contract!

It's not really that cold at all in the summer.

Lowey3

Juniors
WJ said:
FG i don't think lyon is on that much, When saints signed him he had turned his back on the game so it was a huge gamble.

If he is on a huge salary i would question how saints can fit him in under the current system.

Lyon was one of the highest paid players at Parramatta cus he signed a contract extension before he left.

Saints offered him Martin Gleesons contract - which was quite high.

People suggesting Lyon is on a low contract are rather kidding themselves.