What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints spine

possm

Coach
Personally, I think this idea is poor...

For one thing, Dufty has not shown he can tackle well enough to play in the hooker position. At fullback and when in possession, there is no reason why Dufty can't jump into dummy half and scoot down the middle when the opposition forwards are fatigued. This won't happen because Dufty prefers to run from the back in broken play.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Feel for Widdop, he was playing his best game so far this season, however, to me this was always on the cards and why we had Dufty on the bench.
Gareth has most probably played his last game for us and at least he went out a winner.

As far as "salary relief" we can apply to receive compensation under the "Hodgson" rule.

McGregor states that he will have a reserve back on the bench so our spine will be:
1. Dufty
6. Norman
7. Hunt
9. McInnes
14. Lomax

Goal kicking will become an issue I feel. Lafai has a dodgy hammy and that was evident in his game last night. Norman maybe? The obvious answer is Lomax and he would have to play wing in place of Ravalawa. If this is the case then Field would come onto the bench as the back reserve.
Yes the goal kicking may be a problem...it would have to be Lafai or Lomax wouldnt it.....cant see them giving it to Norman, hes kicked 5 goals since 2010

Goal kicking is so important, Lafai will need to spend the next 10 days practicing non stop.

Lomax is a good kicker.

If Lafai does a hammy, Lomax is the ideal replacement as both a centre and a kicker.

The alternative is Lomax to fullback.

blacksafake

First Grade
For one thing, Dufty has not shown he can tackle well enough to play in the hooker position. At fullback and when in possession, there is no reason why Dufty can't jump into dummy half and scoot down the middle when the opposition forwards are fatigued. This won't happen because Dufty prefers to run from the back in broken play.
Exactly Possm, Tedesco is a great example of getting into dummy half & creating space