What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints team for the penrith game

thommo4pm

Coach
Anyone else think Coops might struggle to get back in the side, when he is fully fit?
Beau will finish the year in the centres, that is a given.
Gasnier will be in the centres or on the bench, Stanley is going great guns and has not missed a beat.
I'm worried about Cooper getting back into the side.

In reality Stanley will probably miss out, but the future can't look too positive for Coops I wouldn't think.

Ray Parlour

Juniors
Scott wont finish the year in the centres.

Stanley is going great but he is still a bit raw. 2011 will see him promoted to a full time centre position.

Cooper will come straight in for Stanley when hes fit.

Godz Illa

Coach
I also have grave doubts about Jeremy Smith's chances of playing next Monday. He only played 19 mins v Wests and was visibly limping post-match. He may be named but I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if he plays

Last edited:

Godz Illa

Coach
Should also mention that Michael Greenfield has been out with a hamstring injury and is likely to still be out

SilentAssassin

Juniors
Anyone else think Coops might struggle to get back in the side, when he is fully fit?
Beau will finish the year in the centres, that is a given.
Gasnier will be in the centres or on the bench, Stanley is going great guns and has not missed a beat.
I'm worried about Cooper getting back into the side.

In reality Stanley will probably miss out, but the future can't look too positive for Coops I wouldn't think.

Scott to finish in the centres is a given? I'd put my house on him to finish in the back row. Only way he finishes there is if something happens to Gasnier or Cooper.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Not sure if or why it hasn't been posted, but here's the actual team for Monday:

1. Jason Nightingale 2. Michael Lett 3. Kyle Stanley 4. Matt Prior 5. Kalifa Faifai-loa 6. Jamie Soward 7. Ben Hornby 8. Jon Green 9. Luke Priddis 10. Ricky Thorby 11. Jeremy Smith 12. Ben Creagh 13. Dean Young
Interchange: 14. Michael Greenfield 15. Trent Merrin 16. Nick Emmett 17. Jarrod Saffy; Reserves: 18. Jake Marketo 19. Mark Gasnier

Greenfield on the bench.

Prior in centres again.

Gasnier named last on an extended bench. Smart selection move imo. Depends how he shapes up in the next 4-5 days.

MightyRedV04

Juniors
http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsar...er-confirmed-to-take-on-panthers/default.aspx

Gasnier confirmed to take on Panthers

St George Illawarra prodigal son Mark Gasnier will definitely make his NRL return against Penrith on Monday night, though there is still some doubt as to whether he will start the game or come off the bench.

Dragons coach Wayne Bennett intimated that Gasnier would not be in the run-on side as he looked to ease the former Test star back into the action for what will be his first game back in the NRL in almost 20 months.

Gasnier trained strongly in Sunday's final training run, but the Dragons have lost New Zealand international Jeremy Smith who aggravated a calf injury in last week's win over Wests Tigers.

Either Jarrod Saffy or Gasnier - with Matt Prior moving back to the forward pack - is expected to come off the bench into the starting line-up, with Jake Marketo set to drop off the extended bench named earlier in the week.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
FMD, J Smith's game time has been minimal this year. We're without some personnel and he drops out again. That's why Marketo was named as a shadow.

Prior and Saffy can cover for him. Gasnier onfield before the 20 minute mark.

Godz Illa

Coach
Saints playing on a Monday night has created a really weird mix of feelings today. Combining the anticipation and excitement of the looming night at Kogarah, with the usual dreary despair of a grey Monday at work is quite strange indeed. Productivity is at sub-atomic levels, fa sho.

Really looking forward to the game though, despite the absence of so many stars. Exciting to see the youngsters and fringe players getting another chance, and, regardless of how he goes, seeing Gaz back on the Jubilee turf in the red v is going to be a special moment

boxa777

Coach
Saints playing on a Monday night has created a really weird mix of feelings today. Combining the anticipation and excitement of the looming night at Kogarah, with the usual dreary despair of a grey Monday at work is quite strange indeed. Productivity is at sub-atomic levels, fa sho.

Really looking forward to the game though, despite the absence of so many stars. Exciting to see the youngsters and fringe players getting another chance, and, regardless of how he goes, seeing Gaz back on the Jubilee turf in the red v is going to be a special moment

Throw in oztag into the mix, and we have a real Monday Night jigsaw. I've barely done a thing today.

Goldthorpe

Bench
Very much excited along with the anticipation for tonight's game. Over here in Perth we haven't got many live games.

So what's going to be tonight's team?

01. NIGHTINGALE, Jason
02. LETT. Michael
03. STANLEY, Kyle
19. GASNIER, Mark
05. FAIFAI-LOA, Kalifa
06. SOWARD. Jamie
07. HORNBY, Ben
08. GREEN, Jon
09. PRIDDIS, Luke
10. THORBY, Ricky
04. PRIOR, Matt
12. CREAGH, Ben
13. YOUNG, Dean

14. GREENFIELD, Michael
15. MERRIN, Trent
16. EMMETT, Nick
17. SAFFY, Jarrod

Tonight's forecast: A shower or two. Cloudy periods. Light to moderate west to southwesterly winds tending southeast to northeast in the afternoon.

Latest posts