What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SAINTS V PANTHERS.

redwhitedragon

Juniors
I really thought that JDB came of age today, finally grown up. He was dominating in everything. This game coincided with the removal of his hair bun and adding the fierce looking beard. The whole forward pack could be a scary proposition

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Exactly mate . I know that some of us maybe getting a bit too enthusiastic about the result , but what the hell . We all needed this , to perk us up and more importantly to realise that as has already been said on numerous occasions , that we do indeed ' have the cattle '
As you say Sammy , the team needs to continue to play the same , otherwise today's result will mean nothing . But for now let's enjoy the moment .

Don't worry Gareth
We are enjoying it at the club.
By the way widdop just equalled the points record in a single match for stgillawarra dragons equal with sowie and famous amos roberts

Dragon66

Juniors
After McGregor's presser it looks the stiff lifeless gameplan from last season has been ditched for good. He may be slow but maybe he is finally starting to learn who was at fault last season.

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
Gareth for me it was soooo good not to see our 6 and 7 running sideways with no idea what to do . Now what we need is a bit of time for young Field to settle in as he could be a match winner coming off the bench , and a plan B if plan A is not working and who knows .... Sorry guys I've lost it after 1 win ..... ;)

Sorry , I had to recharge the iPad battery . But , yes Widdop And McCrone played as one would expect of a polished halves combination . Loved the way that McCronre actually directed the team around the park . And Widdop , really stepped up to the mark today .

Field will be all the better for today's brief cameo . As others have said , he could do so much damage off the bench , more so against a tiring defence , a bit like ejecting a Milford or Barba in the game . All in all the entire team stepped up to the mark today .

They now at least realise what they are capable of , if they can continue to sustain the effort , they will only get better . One last thing that I must say , it was a pleasant change that they were allowed of the leash today , I hope that the coach continues to do so .

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
Don't worry Gareth
We are enjoying it at the club.
By the way widdop just equalled the points record in a single match for stgillawarra dragons equal with sowie and famous amos roberts

Have a Reschs for me Sammy , followed by a Scotch & Dry , in fact buy one for yourself .
Enjoy your night , and should you pass Norm Provans painting , touch it for luck !

Last edited:

hermidale1

Juniors
I just think we need to tweak the 17 and get the best rotation possible - Host looked a bit weak...we need to get this squad right
You really seem to have it in for the kid. He covers both edge and the middle. But you want him dropped after 15 minutes of game time in Round 1.

Dragon66

Juniors
I just think we need to tweak the 17 and get the best rotation possible - Host looked a bit weak...we need to get this squad right

The weak link for me is Leeson AhMau. Host will get better with game time, Leeson is as good as he is going get.

I thought some of the young forwards in the Cutters showed a lot of potential. Mose definitely needs time, he will get better but it could be a reasonably slow process considering how long since he last played.
BUT he will get better, hopefully by the time we are challenging for final berth later in the season.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
After McGregor's presser it looks the stiff lifeless gameplay from last season has been ditched for good. He may be slow but maybe he is finally starting to learn who was at fault last season.

Dragon 66
If we play like this every week even if we get beaten at least it will be entertaining

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Have a Reschs for me Sammy , followed by a Scotch & Dry , in fact buy one for yourself .
Enjoy your night , and should you pass Norm Provans painting , touch it for luck !

Gareth
Love a beer but Iam not a reschs man.
But all ready started on the scotchs mate.
Lucky i only leave 2 stops away . Whenever I go past Norms photo mate I go go down on my hands and knees and say Im not worthy

Latest posts