What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

saints vs cronulla, woefull!!!!!!

Are the Dragons Saturday night games shown on Fox2 or the comedy channel??

I went to the Storm Roosters games last week with a roosters mate of mine (just up the road from where I live) and we went to the Olympic hotel accross the road after to watch us play Canberra. When we were up early, my mate asked me why i was shaking my head, and i said pure & simple "we're gonna blatantly f*ck it up", which we proceeded to do. Was like centre ring at the circus, a little red car comes out and a continuous stream of 17 clowns keep hopping out juggling, falling over each other etc etc.

While a few beers made me just abuse the screen, it was more sarcastic than anger, i seriously just laugh at em now. I've been beaten into submission so many times in the last 5 or 6 seasons I think I'm going stir crazy. When I watch em play I'm like Michael Douglas in Falling Down.

This week was no better. When they lose I hate em, and when they win I hate em even more, coz the dunces can't learn from it.

Step right up! Step right up!!

Surely

Post Whore
You lot sound like us last year.

You still have the cattle and it's only early.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
well thats just it, we had the cattle last year and what happened, ide rather we fought, we go down fighting, but not this bloody circus

bazookabarry

Juniors
same sh*te as last year, and the year before. we've mastered the art of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!:x

coolumsharkie

Referee
Fu*kin Ryles!!!

He is a dead set loser. Get rid of him now.

We were rubbish for most of it leading up though. But this clown takes the cake.

I couldn't agree more with one of the previous posts about the "playing for penalties". Absolute jokers. That must be our main offensive option. Pretend to be wanting to play the ball quickly, look at the Ref and whinge.

Morris, I'm lookin at him on this. And how suspect are his hands. And everyone knows. This bloke should be under some serious heat for his position cos he has sucked for some time now.

Nightingale had a good game and has been consistantly good over the season. And never looks under pressure whereas Morris always looks like he is sh*tting himself.

Just sh*t all round. You would think I would be used to it by no and not get so upset.

I fu*kin hate the Sharks but I can think of another team that has caused me more pain than the faggotty sharks could ever provide. Hmmm

Sweet Wayne, please end the pain.

Were you beaten by a bunch of androtops? :D

Inferno

Coach
You lot sound like us last year.

You still have the cattle and it's only early.

haha, I was thinking exactly the same thing Surely.

This reaction reminds me EXACTLY of most of us after our golden point loss to the Tigers last year.

Poor game, and neither team probably deserved the 2 points but we have to take what we can get.

yeah its bad.

you've gotta boot brown now id say. he looked like a man who didn't want to be in that box. he would have left if he could i think.

the game was shocking. cronulla's lack of creativity in the halves and lesser field position were saved by the ridiculous errors and penalties the dragons gave away.

there was 1 good player tonight and luckily for us we had him.

i think we just witnessed two of the least intelligent sides in the comp. f**k me. it was dead set agony.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Poor game, and neither team probably deserved the 2 points but we have to take what we can get.
I have to agree. It became a case of which team wanted to lose it the most.

Congrats on getting the two points, you had a couple of more players out as well.

Dave Q

Coach
From an outsiders perspective, it was quite a thrilling last 15 minutes, anybody's game.

Sad way to finish it off though.

Ive seen players hold down for longer and get away with it.

I thought the ref could have used a little more discretion.

At the end of the day, the sharks came home the better.

Now I have calmed down somewhat.

From what was an obviously rubbish game.

I thought Nightingale is a gem and Thornby is gaining form.

And with as much kok as Cronulla do suck, credit to that equalising try, that was a pearler of a kick.

Serb Dragon

Juniors
bcoz i live up in goldy, i listened to the game via audio on nrl.com.

my question is this, all things obvious aside.. i hardly heard coopers name mentioned all game? whats the go? did he play well or ? all i kept hearing all game was kearny kearny kearny...

Funny you should say that. I watched it on the smallest tv in a pub in Melbourne.

Couldn't hear anything.

Just kept kept watching Dragons coughin the ball up.

Total sh*t.

You would think they weren't gettin paid.

i dont thinks were that bad.

cronulla have been a good team this year and saints were the better team tonight for most of the game.

there were lots of good things from that game.

morris is a waste and ryles back to the bench, but the structure looked OK.

the soward chip over the top for gasnier is a great move.

saints have got a good squad, maybe need a name forward.

if ryles did leave his money could probably get 2 good forwards like reynoldson who has been a great signing.

saw ex Liberal leader John hewson in the crowd as a saints fan. shows how many people youd think wouldnt be RL fans are becasue of saints.

they arent getting flogged its just stupid mistakes when the game is there to be won

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I thought the ref could have used a little more discretion.
Not a chance I'm afraid. It is unfortunate to see a match decided by a referee decision, but thems the breaks.

The bottom line is that it was a lack discipline in the end which cost us.

But I take your point... I was watching a Qld Cup grand final a few years ago which was eventually won by Burleigh. It went into extra time and the referee flatly refused to give any penalties. By that stage, as far he was concerned, anarchy rules and it was up to the players to decide the winner. The match just kept going until someone scored. I recall it went for another 20 minutes until finally one side's line was finally broken. The players were completely knackered. As I said, the referee allowed the players to decide, and basically said to hell with the post-match critics. Great match btw. One of the best I've ever seen.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
i
saw ex Liberal leader John hewson in the crowd as a saints fan. shows how many people youd think wouldnt be RL fans are becasue of saints.
Well he has been going to Saints games for many years now.

Looks like you've finally decided on a team to suppport dally... for this year anyway.

I know you were keen on Souths for a while. Is there any chance you can give them another shot? ;-)

Rosso V

Juniors
Thats it my stomach ulcer can't take any more of this s#$t. Week 4 and still they play the same crap, they seem to lack leadership, focus, ball control, discipline and anything else you want to throw in. There just is no more pride in playing in the red V anymore. They said before the game that there were 10 players with their contracts up at the end of the season and this will lift them to play for renewel. After tonights debarcle the only player i would resign is Nightingale's as for the rest they have a lot to prove. I think that wayne has his work cut out for him when he comes next year. As for watching anymore live games, i will record them and watch if they win, i can't afford my ulcer to grow any bigger.

ledzep

Bench
What's your under 20s hooker like?
Surely it couldn't hurt to give him a run given your current options?

Latest posts