What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints

Lets talk about Saints fans.

They bark loudly at the fact that Cronulla have not won a premiership in their 39 year existence. When facts remain they have gone about 26 years now and won bugger all.

Then the Saints fans want to claim the merged club has won 15 premierships and not 0. Well, if they want to look at it that way does that mean

Illawarra - 1982-1998 17 seasons - 0premierships
Saints 1980-1998 - 19 seasons - 0 premierships
Saints/Illawarra - 7 seasons - 0 premierships

That they have also gone 43 years without a premiership, which would edge them ahead of Cronulla, which is quite humiliating.

Anyway i think it is good for the game that the Wests Tigers have over taken the Saints, either way you look at it. The way we like to look at it

Wests Tigers 1
Saints/Illawarra 0

The way they like to look at it

Wests Tigers 16
Saints/Illawarra 15

Actually the real way im con vinced they would argue

Saints/Illawarra 15
Wests Tigers 1

Maybe once the majority of Saints fans drop the superiority complex can they rise again, but their record since 1979 is one of misery and failure.

Seeing the Wests Tigers knock out the arrogant and self confessed favourites was a great moment. Especially great considering the amount of "good luck for 2006" Tigers fans recieved from Dragons fans before kick off. May i return the favour and wish the Dragons the best of luck in 2006 and perhaps a first premiership for the merged club??

Cheers and thanks for your time.

Dragons_#1

Bench
TV Ted Ellery said:
Lets talk about Saints fans.

They bark loudly at the fact that Cronulla have not won a premiership in their 39 year existence. When facts remain they have gone about 26 years now and won bugger all.

Then the Saints fans want to claim the merged club has won 15 premierships and not 0. Well, if they want to look at it that way does that mean

Illawarra - 1982-1998 17 seasons - 0premierships
Saints 1980-1998 - 19 seasons - 0 premierships
Saints/Illawarra - 7 seasons - 0 premierships

That they have also gone 43 years without a premiership, which would edge them ahead of Cronulla, which is quite humiliating.

Anyway i think it is good for the game that the Wests Tigers have over taken the Saints, either way you look at it. The way we like to look at it

Wests Tigers 1
Saints/Illawarra 0

Wests Tigers 16
Saints/Illawarra 15

Saints/Illawarra 15
Wests Tigers 1

Maybe once the majority of Saints fans drop the superiority complex can they rise again, but their record since 1979 is one of misery and failure.

Seeing the Wests Tigers knock out the arrogant and self confessed favourites was a great moment. Especially great considering the amount of "good luck for 2006" Tigers fans recieved from Dragons fans before kick off. May i return the favour and wish the Dragons the best of luck in 2006 and perhaps a first premiership for the merged club??

Cheers and thanks for your time.

nothing better to do i see??

Godz Illa

Coach
I've been fighting my superiority complex all my life. But when you have hair this good, it's destined to be a losing battle.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
TV Ted Ellery said:

Wests Tigers 16
Saints/Illawarra 15

Saints/Illawarra 15
Wests Tigers 1
You may have convinced yourself of something which is less than universal.

If you want 16 premierships for Wests Tigers (11 + 4 + 1), then you won't hear any arguments from me. Its your choice as to how you want to view your club's records.

The rest of your post was bordering on drivellous... but it did have plenty of comic value. lol

drake

First Grade
The question is: How many grand finals have Wests + Balmain + Wests Tigers won? As opposed to minor premierships before there were finals series.
St George + Illawarra + St George Illawarra = 15 grand final wins.

drake said:
The question is: How many grand finals have Wests + Balmain + Wests Tigers won? As opposed to minor premierships before there were finals series.
St George + Illawarra + St George Illawarra = 15 grand final wins.

lol

You just change it to suit yourself.

A premiership is a premiership.

I honestly don't care what Saints supporters think or what they think should be considered as their history.

The team I follow has one from 6 seasons, has never lost a semi and has the best for and against ever in a semi final series.

I'm pretty happy with that.

Smartman

Juniors
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
The team I follow has one from 6 seasons, has never lost a semi and has the best for and against ever in a semi final series.

I'm pretty happy with that.

LOL thats a nice way to put a spin on things
icon6.gif

Smartman

Juniors
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
What, you mean like someone saying "we have won 15 grand finals, how many have you won" ?

Is there anything you get?

Every team has their time in the sun, err maybe except for cronulla.

All im saying every dog has his day (except the sharks)
icon6.gif

Playing 4 final games? wow! Try to play a min of 10 finals games and then compare to other teams.

Latest posts