What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sam Burgess' Future

Chook

First Grade
Bon voyage Burgi.

In 3 years time he'll come back and win a comp with my Roosters ala SBW. :cool:

Chook.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
I think we should let him go. He has some great moments but I found last year that he'd often drop the ball over the line or try for the miracle offload and we don't need him to do that (And that's when he wasn't out on the sidelines due to suspension). All we need from our forwards is hard tackling and powerful running. I remember R26 when instead of taking the tackle he tried to run for the corner and got bundled out (the game was still within our reach at that stage). That sort of stuff happened a lot, reminded me much of Dave Taylor. I reckon we capitalise on the massive payout of his contract and pickup Fifita. We have enough talented play makers in Sutto, Reynolds, Inglis and Luke. We don't need a forward pack full of them too.

If any of this is true then it is a very very poor effort from Burgess given what Russell Crowe has done for him and his family. Unbelievably poor actually. Did Russ not give the Burgess' boys father a life membership? Add that to the fact he brought their mum out and kept them as a family unit. I am astounded by how un pissed off you lot are. If this was a Newcastle Knight we would be ready to kick their arse.

Last edited:

RichieB

Juniors
Bon voyage Burgi.

In 3 years time he'll come back and win a comp with my Roosters ala SBW. :cool:

Chook.

Nah mate...don't want him at our Roosters. I'm sure that by then Napa and Evans will be taking care of business. Let that squirrel grabber go back to the Old dart.

Big Sam

First Grade
Wouldn't surprise me if under the terms of the release Sam secretly agrees to come back and fulfill the remaining two years of his contract in 2016-17 like Gasnier did.

Btw the poms are kidding if they think he's a RU outside centre. His ball control's too shit for the backline. Mind you he won't see any of it so it won't really matter.

TheDalek079

Bench
have heard whispers that he's met Uncle Nick. 2016 or 2017 he'll be a Rooster as long as souffs release him to union first

cisco

Juniors
Did anyone else hear Chan 10 news tonight ,reported that Sam has gone to UK for family reasons????,isnt all his family here!!

rabbitohs95

Bench
Did anyone else hear Chan 10 news tonight ,reported that Sam has gone to UK for family reasons????,isnt all his family here!!

Apparently the boys have gone to their grandfather's funeral (which is why none of the Burgess' are named for the Belmore trial for Sunday)

cisco

Juniors
Apparently the boys have gone to their grandfather's funeral (which is why none of the Burgess' are named for the Belmore trial for Sunday)

Thanks Rab95,sad and hopefully Sam doesnt talk transfers while he is there.

RichieB

Juniors
If any of this is true then it is a very very poor effort from Burgess given what Russell Crowe has done for him and his family. Unbelievably poor actually. Did Russ not give the Burgess' boys father a life membership? Add that to the fact he brought their mum out and kept them as a family unit. I am astounded by how un pissed off you lot are. If this was a Newcastle Knight we would be ready to kick their arse.

Life's membership? Oh yes that right. No wonder Souths has so many members. yes Rusty took the Burgearse family from utter poverty and gave them a roof over their heads. How generous of Rusty and asked for nothing in return. Maybe he can go to Sudan and help others who are needy... oh that's right, they don't play league in Sudan.

BODISGOD

Bench
Wouldn't surprise me if under the terms of the release Sam secretly agrees to come back and fulfill the remaining two years of his contract in 2016-17 like Gasnier did.

Btw the poms are kidding if they think he's a RU outside centre. His ball control's too shit for the backline. Mind you he won't see any of it so it won't really matter.

They want him as a 12.

It's a difficult choice for Sam.

This

2yoyewz.jpg

or this,

vpjh2r.jpg