What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sam Burgess retires

BadnMean

Juniors
Whatever you think of him as a player, he would have to be the most legitimately taped up player

If you mean tapeworms, I'd believe.

As for strapping tape- it's part of his "I'm suffering but so tough I still play" crap- which has even now been exposed by your own club doctors as crap. Only Duges matters to Duges. Play the ball only helps others.
People play injured without strapping so other teams can;t target them or because they don't want to make a big deal.

Duges makes sure you see the strapping - look how he's hurting for the team! Meantime, he plays for his own stats but every single 1%er which could help someone else make a good run or whatever never gets done, after all, who would see it & know it was Duges.

BadnMean

Juniors
Whatever you think of him as a player, he would have to be the most legitimately taped up player

Or are you suggesting he physically can't get up to play the ball because he insists on being mummified with strapping tape for every widdle wooby he has?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I still wish Sam all the best.

Sam was great player, I enjoyed watching, bloke put his body on line time and time again, and will suffer for it.

Just pay the man.

f**k your cap.

skeepe

Immortal
Just interviewed on fox; suggested he play again next season....

Not a bad rort is it?

He gets all his previous contract off the cap for “medical retirement”, then Souffs get him back a year later for bugger all in the cap.

Sam gets paid, Souffs get a top quality player for a pittance. Everybody wins. Well, except for the other teams, their fans, and the integrity of the game.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Not a bad rort is it?

He gets all his previous contract off the cap for “medical retirement”, then Souffs get him back a year later for bugger all in the cap.

Sam gets paid, Souffs get a top quality player for a pittance. Everybody wins. Well, except for the other teams, their fans, and the integrity of the game.

He had his entire contract until end of 2023 paid out

Souths than managed to sign Latrell Mitchell and Jai Arrow with his allocated money

shear_joy9

Coach
Minimum wage contract topped up by some third party payments. Been medically retired so the nrl will accept his market value is nothing.

you know it's going to happen

aqua_duck

Coach
Really want to know what is the procedure for medical retirements? Does a doctor give testimony that a certain player can no longer play? Do souffs have a dodgy medico on the pay roll ?

Latest posts