What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sam Burgess returns to South Sydney

bedlam breakout

Juniors
would be interesting to know how many minutes burgess had the ball in hand during 1 year in ru compared to 1 game in rl- do we have a statto?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Twice in two years he breaks a contract, yet neither of them had the quality of SBW's walkout

SBW > Burgess

You mean because both times he did it with the agreement of his clubs. When contracts are ended by mutual consent it is not a "break".

drago brelli

Bench
Great player, he's signed for three years but a contract doesn't mean he will see it out. South's fans might think that '14 can be recreated but it won't be. Souths have lost too may good players and Dylan Walker will have to go. Inglis is close to 30 and is expected to do a lot for Souths and his birth place, Qld.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Happy to have the best players playing in our comp.

Interesting to note that souths apparently had left approx $1mil in their salary cap free for 2016. I mean in order to sign him that's what they would have had to do.

unbreaK

Juniors
We're baaaaaaaack. 7th in 2015. The best forward in the world hops on board. Club legend. 2016 should be a certain top 4 and premiership contention.

You might've forgot the part where you're losing your 2nd best player in Isaac Luke and are more than likely losing one of your best attacking weapons in Dylan Walker. Sam would barely even cancel out those losses, you'll still be in the bottom tier of the top 8.

Saint Doc

Coach
Looking forward to his first game on Ch9 when we hear his thoughts as he's running on the field.

OMG
SAM

rabbitohs95

Bench
We'll see how things pan out.

I'm very excited to see him back. If we lose Dylan Walker that'll put a dent in my confidence.

Confident about top 8, not so much if we can go farther. Like others said 2014 can't exactly be recreated, but we can sure as hell try.

taipan

Referee
David Gyngell ch9 to David Smith'Now listen here boyo you get us back Slammin Sammy ,cos we can use him for promos,and we will loosen up the purse strings with 925m big ones over 5 years ,all on FTA".
'Money for nothin and the chicks are free"

David Smith" You know Gynge I'll bend over backwards for you,you just got me" But what about Rupert's response when he finds out?"

Gyngell" You see one dummy spit,you've seen em all.Wait till he finds out about the EPL,which I have heard confidentially from the usual named sources"

Billythekid

First Grade
Best player in the game alongside hayne when he left, great to have him back. It's also a huge boost to England's international team which is fantastic for the international game.

Liddell

Juniors
Hopefully SBW comes back too, but after what Sam did to him everytime they played, I won't hold my breath

Parra

Referee
Rugby set him up to be a laughing stock. Should never have been on a field above club level. They were all too hasty and put some commercial interests ahead of winning. A good indicator of English attitude for this home world cup & England paid the price. Unbelievable that they did it really.

Incorrect

Coach
Happy to have the best players playing in our comp.

Interesting to note that souths apparently had left approx $1mil in their salary cap free for 2016. I mean in order to sign him that's what they would have had to do.

I think you'll actually find that they put aside 1.9 million for 2016's cap. 1 million for Sam and 900K to pay Farah's full freight when he finally wakes up and realises his days are numbered at the Tiggers...

On the plus side, Tigers cap problems all of a sudden go away! :p