What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sam Burgess returns to South Sydney

papabear

Juniors
honestly how do they fit 1.5M under the cap when they would have had to upgrade players since winning the comp..

the changes to third party deals can't come soon enough.

Also why bother with a player who has no loyalty to anything but the dollar. The sooner rugby league moves on from these type players the better.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Who are the Broncos losing in order to sign Teo? Souths have lost a fair few with no other signings and may have to lose more to accomodate Sam

The last thing you can say is that Brisbane hasn't had to pay their dues this year with losing talent. Two of the juniors we're sending away are certain starters next year at other clubs, as was Granville last year, and he just won a Premiership with the Cows.

crocodile

Bench
Rugby set him up to be a laughing stock. Should never have been on a field above club level. They were all too hasty and put some commercial interests ahead of winning. A good indicator of English attitude for this home world cup & England paid the price. Unbelievable that they did it really.

That's a pretty good summary. In their haste they tried to make him a centre. He doesn't have the acceleration, passing game nor positional awareness in defence for the spot. Given some time he can pick up the last two. At club level, his best position was blindside flanker where he had some good games but too early for a WC appearance in that position. I don't think he's a laughing stock, the pommy admin are. Anyway, he's back. I'd have him at Parra any day if bunnies can't fit him.

Card Shark

Immortal
Also why bother with a player who has no loyalty to anything but the dollar. The sooner rugby league moves on from these type players the better.

I agree, to some degree.

The reason he left in the first place (besides the big $) is because he knew he could come back easily if he wanted to.

Don't make it so easy to return & many won't leave in the first place.

crocodile

Bench
Great player, he's signed for three years but a contract doesn't mean he will see it out. South's fans might think that '14 can be recreated but it won't be. Souths have lost too may good players and Dylan Walker will have to go. Inglis is close to 30 and is expected to do a lot for Souths and his birth place, Qld.

Last time I looked Bowraville was in NSW. Oh hang on. Anything north of Newcastle is in Qld.

crocodile

Bench
I agree, to some degree.

The reason he left in the first place (besides the big $) is because he knew he could come back easily if he wanted to.

Don't make it so easy to return & many won't leave in the first place.

When the boot's on the other foot, the clubs aren't big on loyalty either.

Best news all year.

I hope the NRL are ponying up $1-2million in fees so Mr Burgess can be the face of RL. On every TV ad, on every poster, on every product endorsement, on every betting endorsement and ticket, on every radio ad, wall to wall inter web and print magazine articles, the face of Big League and RLW and Fantasy Leagues across the country, a Channel 9 and Triple M guest each day of the week.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Hmmm... So No Burgess = Walker's indiscretions are overlooked and he's part of the family....

But - Burgess comes back = Walker gets the sack 2 months after he and another player OD on club prescribed pain killers....

So I guess depending on what code Sam Burgess wants to play, the South Sydney Club are either a caring and concerned outfit willing to work through issues their players might have... or, they are a ruthless, morally corrupt organisation willing to throw people on the scrapheap under dubious circumstances.... That's the way someone a lot more cynical than me would read it anyway.....

That just about sums it up unfortunately.
This is purely of rumours and innuendo of but apperently walker Is a bit of a wild child, he hasn't done anything major or illegal wrong just a lot little indiscretions. Then there is the overdose thing. It seems like it was just a stupid mistake by a young bloke. If it was just a one off incident by a guy whose cleanskin in the past he'd get a pass, but with his past (minor) indiscretions someone from the club may sit him down and say ' look dylan, with had our little troubles with you in the past and this overdose is fitting a pattern and is a big warning sign to us. Maybe it's in your best interest if you take up the penrith/parra offer and make a fresh start.'
Now this is just my own personal theoey going off rumours and innuedo off souths forums (not the most reliable sources)
Does that make it right? No
Do i want walker to go? Hell no, it leaves a big gaping hole in our outside backs
But it's just the way modern football is

yobbo84

Coach
when he gets back to training, these had better be his first three words, or i'll be disappointed:

tumblr_mtr8wln9qe1s3b47zo1_500.gif

:lol: :clap:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Maguire has rejected any idea that Walker is leaving. You gibberers wish.

Dylan Walker is staying at Souths for 2016. That is rolled gold. You can take it to the bank and cash it in.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Maguire has rejected any idea that Walker is leaving. You gibberers wish.

Dylan Walker is staying at Souths for 2016. That is rolled gold. You can take it to the bank and cash it in.

Just like Bath Rugby coach Mike Ford rejected any idea of sam burgess leaving rugby just 2 days ago?

Vic Mackey

Referee
Burgess - Souths
Taupau/Myles - Manly
RTS/Luke - Warriors
Maloney - Sharks
Foran/Scott - Eels
Merrin - Panthers

Maybe the short term memory is failing, but can't remember too many years where that much rep/top tier talent shifted clubs, especially some who are still very difficult to picture wearing another clubs jersey.

Going to be an interesting season next year.

Joel Edwards - Tigers

LESStar58

Referee
The face raking, squirrel gripping thug is back. Wonderful. At least I can stop being bombarded with all the will he, won't he malarkey on my Facebook feed.