What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sam Kasiano

ALSGI

Bench
Mate to be fair... mose is coming back from a season ending injury.
He was always going to need time to get his fitness and confidence up.
Kas has no such dramas.
But i can understand your hesitance given some recent signings.
I still personally think mose will come good by round 15 or so.
Just my gut feeling.
Hope your gut feeling about Masoe is right, I think we'd all love to see him in FG form again. Imagine him added to our pack at the sharp end of the season !
Understand what everyone's saying about Kas, just a gut feeling he's not the right fit at Dragons, then again I wasn't keen on Vaughan when he was signed.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Packer brings far more to the team than Kasiano.

I wouldn't break the bank for Sam and I wouldn't be guaranteeing him a starting spot, but he'd go ok in out prop rotation.

Frank Facer, you remind me of an interesting poster from the old leagueunlimited forums, did you ever post under another name?

This is leagueunlimited. I didn't know that there old leagueunlimited, I have not posted on this forum until this year, under this name.

Last edited:

Frank Facer

First Grade
Many are saying that Kasiano would be a good bench forward. I do not disagree, but if we were to sign him, a starting position would be part of the lure to come to us. I do remember Kasiano tearing us to bits in the first 15 to 20 minutes of a game back in 2012 or 2013. I think he won the Dally M prop of the year that year, he was a regular starter. I would be starting with him.

possm

Coach
Besides Kerr, i dont think we have many that can provide the impact Kas can.
Mose if he gets match fit and confident... but the rest arent game changers like Kas imo.
A bench with Kerr, Kas, and a back to his best Mose would have the entire comp shitting in there pants.
Again... just my opinion.
Im a big fan of big bulldozing forwards.
Mose is of to the St Helens ESL in 2018.
Add Lawrie to the list of props:
Vaughan
Ah Mau
Kasiano
Sims
Sele
Kerr
Lawrie

BennyV

Referee
Many are saying that Kasiano would be a good bench forward. I do not disagree, but if we were to sign him, a starting position would be part of the lure to come to us. I do remember Kasiano tearing us to bits in the first 15 to 20 minutes of a game back in 2012 or 2013. I think he won the Dally M prop of the year that year, he was a regular starter. I would be starting with him.
That Dally M medal was a f**king rort. James Tamou had as dominant a season as I've ever seen from a front rower, yet somehow Kasiano got the medal. Completely f**ked.

possm

Coach
We have a similar player in Luciano waiting to be unleashed and also we have Kerr so our playing squad has great depth and the future is bright....
Yes there is great potential in the future for our young forwards however for 2018 Kerr, Leilua, Lewis and Sele, we still do not have a prop the calibre of Packer. Packer is a priority signing for the Dragons.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
Dally M medal was a f**king rort

533f566afd500d1049d4020d5cd4e4dd21c5f1794f5836116e734a37f5d51324.jpg

RPG437

Juniors
With Packer being offered a reported 700K a season for 4 years from Wests, he would be mad not to take it. That would leave us with a starting prop position to fill. I read that Kasiano wants a starting position and that Canterbury have to offload some players to accommodate Foran and Woods. I would not be competing with Wests offer of 700K a season for 4 years for Packer. I would be looking in to see if we could lure Kasiano from Canterbury with an early release out of his current contract. I do think that Kasiano is one of the best props in the game. I also think he should be starting. I would love us to have Kasiano and Vaughan as our starting pair of props.
Kasiano is a liability in defence too big and slow.

Understand where your coming from ALSGI.
But one thing with kas is he has been relatively injury free.
So not quite the same risk.

Plus Mose was never consistent in 1st grade. The couple of years he was away, people forgot how much of a plodder he was and based a great deal of opinion on YouTube highlights.

ALSGI

Bench
Just had a quick look at the Grubs forum (The Kennel). Kas is not getting a lot of love there, so based on people that watch him week in week out - I'd be saying a big no.

cussy

Juniors
Just had a quick look at the Grubs forum (The Kennel). Kas is not getting a lot of love there, so based on people that watch him week in week out - I'd be saying a big no.
If you use fans comments as the gauge to how good players are, in this forum JBD, Lafai McCrone and previously Cooper and Hornby should never have played first grade.

BennyV

Referee
Yeah, I saw the same from Souffs supporters and McInnes. Wouldnt set my watch to the opinions of Dogs fans...

ALSGI

Bench
If you use fans comments as the gauge to how good players are, in this forum JBD, Lafai McCrone and previously Cooper and Hornby should never have played first grade.
True, just offering an observation that's all.

MilanDragon

Juniors

Based on what we say about our players, club, coach, board no other club would want any of our players nor would anyone come to our club as a player, administrator or fan.

Wouldn't read too much into it

Latest posts