What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sam Kasiano

Frank Facer

First Grade
With Packer being offered a reported 700K a season for 4 years from Wests, he would be mad not to take it. That would leave us with a starting prop position to fill. I read that Kasiano wants a starting position and that Canterbury have to offload some players to accommodate Foran and Woods. I would not be competing with Wests offer of 700K a season for 4 years for Packer. I would be looking in to see if we could lure Kasiano from Canterbury with an early release out of his current contract. I do think that Kasiano is one of the best props in the game. I also think he should be starting. I would love us to have Kasiano and Vaughan as our starting pair of props.

mickeylane

Bench
With Packer being offered a reported 700K a season for 4 years from Wests, he would be mad not to take it. That would leave us with a starting prop position to fill. I read that Kasiano wants a starting position and that Canterbury have to offload some players to accommodate Foran and Woods. I would not be competing with Wests offer of 700K a season for 4 years for Packer. I would be looking in to see if we could lure Kasiano from Canterbury with an early release out of his current contract. I do think that Kasiano is one of the best props in the game. I also think he should be starting. I would love us to have Kasiano and Vaughan as our starting pair of props.
Melbourne have offered him a massive 3 year deal

Dragonslayer

First Grade

The point here is then why aren't Wests chasing Kasiano?

possm

Coach
Offer him Packer money over 3 years. We can then field a pack which includes:
Vaughan
McInnes
Ah Mau
Thompson
Frizell
De Belin

Kasiano
Sele
Sims
Lawrie/Kerr/Robson

BennyV

Referee
The point here is then why aren't Wests chasing Kasiano?
Packer brings far more to the team than Kasiano.

I wouldn't break the bank for Sam and I wouldn't be guaranteeing him a starting spot, but he'd go ok in out prop rotation.

Frank Facer, you remind me of an interesting poster from the old ZeroTackle forums, did you ever post under another name?

The Doc

Juniors
Packer brings far more to the team than Kasiano.

I wouldn't break the bank for Sam and I wouldn't be guaranteeing him a starting spot, but he'd go ok in out prop rotation.

Frank Facer, you remind me of an interesting poster from the old leagueunlimited forums, did you ever post under another name?
I agree regarding packer... but off the bench Kas offers huge impact.
If my mind serves me correct he is in the 1st year of a 3 year deal.
Reports were he signed for 550k... if the dogs paid some of that for the next 2 years and he only costs us 350k per year then i say snap him up.
He is a massive unit that can change the game in 15 minute bursts.
He can offload, ballplay, and can carry defenders while not only bending the line but smashing it.
No starting spot, but off the bench, alongside Kerr, we have to giants ready to rip in.
Vaughan plays 25 minutes easy... as can AhMau... so Kerr and Kas only need that last 15 minutes of the half.
Hunt and Widdop would have a field day off the platform these 2 would lay.

The Doc

Juniors
Exactly, he rarely starts at the grubs, wouldn't go there. We have some good juniors that are getting better.
Besides Kerr, i dont think we have many that can provide the impact Kas can.
Mose if he gets match fit and confident... but the rest arent game changers like Kas imo.
A bench with Kerr, Kas, and a back to his best Mose would have the entire comp shitting in there pants.
Again... just my opinion.
Im a big fan of big bulldozing forwards.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Dogs fans will blow up delux (like they did when Grub signed for Tigers) if they lose him and Graham. A crowd favourite for Woods and Foran.

Lets face it, Foran is still being investigated for betting against his side. The Police seized his phone so it must be pretty serious top get to that extent. Dogs will cover this up no doubt but the fact is, what stops him from doing this again? I would hate to have a player like that in the side.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
People are bagging Millward for retention, I honestly think the Dogs one is diabolical as they will have players playing in other clubs where they will be paying their wages e.g Graham and Kasiano. And for what Woods and Foran? Would you fork out 2 Million dollars for them 2?

I will not be surprised in the Morris twins end up going as well.

ALSGI

Bench
Besides Kerr, i dont think we have many that can provide the impact Kas can.
Mose if he gets match fit and confident... but the rest arent game changers like Kas imo.
A bench with Kerr, Kas, and a back to his best Mose would have the entire comp shitting in there pants.
Again... just my opinion.
Im a big fan of big bulldozing forwards.
Disagree Doc, too big a rsk imo if the grubs wont re-sign him, I fear he'd end up being another Mose Masoe.

The Doc

Juniors
Dogs fans will blow up delux (like they did when Grub signed for Tigers) if they lose him and Graham. A crowd favourite for Woods and Foran.

Lets face it, Foran is still being investigated for betting against his side. The Police seized his phone so it must be pretty serious top get to that extent. Dogs will cover this up no doubt but the fact is, what stops him from doing this again? I would hate to have a player like that in the side.
Scum club with scum supporters.
A team with no soul.
Born and bred is the slogan yet once reynolds go how many juniors in the team?
The sooner they get booted out the comp the better.
F#ck that team and each and every one of its supporters!!!

The Doc

Juniors
Disagree Doc, too big a rsk imo if the grubs wont re-sign him, I fear he'd end up being another Mose Masoe.
Mate to be fair... mose is coming back from a season ending injury.
He was always going to need time to get his fitness and confidence up.
Kas has no such dramas.
But i can understand your hesitance given some recent signings.
I still personally think mose will come good by round 15 or so.
Just my gut feeling.

Gareth67

First Grade
Yep , he is a big lump of a lad and whenever he is on the field , he does a shat-load of damage to the defence . Also has the ability to steamroll the opposition , when close to the try line . Would not say no to his services , more so now that he has lost that bulge around his middle .

I don't know how the rest of you blokes feel , but to me big Russ is a crowd favourite and should (?) he depart at seasons end , it would be good to replace him with another player who could fill that role - as a crowd favourite .

I think that Kasiano would do that nicely , perhaps more so of the bench and promoting someone such as young Kerr .

Minh

First Grade
Packer is the more versatile player obviously can play more minutes but Kas on his day can be a game breaker however I hope we keep Packer as our forwards are doing great at the moment the way it is....

Latest posts