What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Same Team!!!!!

Commodore

Juniors
No changes this week in the most vital game of the season. Surprise!!Surprise!!!!!!!Go the Eeels hope the attitude chandes as least~!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
SYDNEY – Tuesday, 3 August 2010

Parramatta Eels unchanged for Gold Coast clash

The Pirtek Parramatta Eels have an unchanged line-up for their Round 22 clash against the Gold Coast Titans this weekend.

The Eels are currently 10th and travel to Skilled Park to take on the fifth-placed Titans on their home turf.

Back-rower Ben Smith will play his 100th game for the club and prop Nathan Cayless equals Brad Fittler’s record for most-captained NRL games when he captains the Eels for the 216th time.

“It’s great to see Ben reach this milestone now, injuries have often hindered him so it’s an achievement,” says coach Daniel Anderson.

“For the team winning is now a necessity, so we need to come away from the Gold Coast with a good result.”

Pirtek Parramatta Eels v Gold Coast Titans, Friday August 6, 7.35pm, Skilled Park
1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Luke Burt
3. Joel Reddy
4. Timana Tahu
5. Krisnan Inu
6. Jeff Robson
7. Daniel Mortimer
8. Nathan Cayless (C)
9. Matthew Keating
10. Fuifui Moimoi
11. Nathan Hindmarsh (C)
12. Ben Smith
13. Feleti Mateo

INTERCHANGE
14. Kris Keating
15. Tim Mannah
16. Justin Horo
17. Justin Poore

Coach: Daniel Anderson

Toyota Cup v Gold Coast Titans, Friday August 6, 5.20pm, Skilled Park
1. TK Amosa
2. Ryan Morgan
3. Trent Jennings
4. Jacob Loko
5. Daniel Tupou
6. Jason Wehbe
7. Cameron Picker
8. Ava Seumanufagi
9. Dean Blackman
10. PJ Asiata
11. Pat O’Hanlon
12. Thomas Young
13. Rory Brien

INTERCHANGE
14. Krys Freeman
15. Peni Terepo
16. Fred Lang Siu
17. Boyd Brown
18. Tim Crellin

Coach: Matt Cameron

Wentworthville v North Sydney Bears, Sunday August 8, 3.00pm, Ringrose Park
1. Tom Humble
2. Ken Sio
3. Etu Uaisele
4. Jonathon Wright
5. Mark Hendy
6. Brendan Waters
7. Trent Rose
8. Mitchell Allgood
9. Anthony Mitchell
10. Blake Blackburn
11. Taniela Lasalo
12. Danny Howard
13. Tim Robinson (C)

INTERCHANGE
14. Nathan Armit
15. Pele Peletelese
16. Manase Manuokafoa
17. Peter Prime

Coach: Brett Kenny

Source: Eels Media

boxhead

First Grade
Yeah, I don't really see a reason to change the team.....it was the same team that absolutely smashed the Bulldogs two weeks ago, so yeah I'm happy with that. If we are confident and play confident, learn from our mistakes, etc; we should do well against the Titans.

EDIT: Hey, looked at Twizzle's post;
Ken Sio playing 2. for Wenty!?
WHAT!?
Does that mean we are taking a gander at perhaps moving him up, i.e. preparing him for first-grade?

Also, gotta remember that the Eels tend to play their best when it's a must-win situation......

Last edited:

Parra03

Juniors
I think we will win this week but again because of Hayne (who else) and we will forget what a waste of space Morts is.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Yes, lets make changes with 5 rounds to go, thats going to make a massive difference to win the comp. Its our best team bar Shack. Deal with it.

Gronk

Staff member
Lee Te Mari travelling as 18th man ?

Remember a few years back when we travelled to the Gold Coast and half the team got the flu ? :crazy:

Suitman

Post Whore
Yes, lets make changes with 5 rounds to go, thats going to make a massive difference to win the comp. Its our best team bar Shack. Deal with it.

Exactly.
Those whinging about Mortimer haven't come up with an alternative. Not one.

Suity

attamarrap

Juniors
wasn't expecting to many changes tbh morts could've maybe got dumped for humble just to give him a shake up but i'm happy with no changes.
I didn't think we got much luck at all the other night but u have have defend and make your own luck on this stage

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
An attempt to save them from the spoon?

Suity

They could have easily beat the chooks who are fighting for top spot.

Their third try was a knock on, no try

We only lost by two points and with video ref we would have won.

They look a good team with our SG Ball players in there.

boxhead

First Grade
Just wondering, does Ken Sio going up to Wenty mean we are starting to prepare him for first-grade or something? Or is it something else.....
I.e. for next year.

fish eel

Immortal
Did people actually expect changes? All year Anderson has generally only changed the side out if necessity.

andrew057

First Grade
Exactly.
Those whinging about Mortimer haven't come up with an alternative. Not one.

Suity

What are you talking about? Mateo was pretty impressive at the beginning of last season at 5/8. Maybe a move there could be the spark he and the team needs. Also Humble at 5/8 is another option.

But no theres no alternative to a well below par all season Mortimer? Yeah right.

andrew057

First Grade
Yeah, I don't really see a reason to change the team.....it was the same team that absolutely smashed the Bulldogs two weeks ago, so yeah I'm happy with that.

Smashed the Bulldogs? Did you watch the game? Some Hayne brilliance in the first 20 minutes and some excellent work by the forwards was just about the only thing impressive that game. After that the Bulldogs were on top for the majoirty of the remainder and looked like they might get over the Eels towards the end.

Suitman

Post Whore
What are you talking about? Mateo was pretty impressive at the beginning of last season at 5/8. Maybe a move there could be the spark he and the team needs. Also Humble at 5/8 is another option.

But no theres no alternative to a well below par all season Mortimer? Yeah right.

I rest my case.
Shuffling deck chairs mate.

Suity

Latest posts