What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Same Team!!!!!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Cut and paste job, but honestly who else is pushing for a spot??? Wenty got beat by a million last week.

andrew057

First Grade
I rest my case.
Shuffling deck chairs mate.

Suity

What case would that be? That there shouldnt be any changes in a severely under performing 10th placed team?

Mortimer has been poor for the majority of the season and we have a few options that MIGHT spark the team but you would prefer to stick with the mediocrity? Good move Daniel :?

CrazyEel

Bench
Exactly.
Those whinging about Mortimer haven't come up with an alternative. Not one.

Suity
Because regardless of all the bleating the maths clearly show we don't have one.

We need 1 half from 2 positions and currently have a zero in Robson, a zero in Keating and a zero in Mortimer. Use any combination you like from these but unless a new variable is introduced the sum of zero plus zero will always result in one short of what we require.

boxhead

First Grade
What case would that be? That there shouldnt be any changes in a severely under performing 10th placed team?

Mortimer has been poor for the majority of the season and we have a few options that MIGHT spark the team but you would prefer to stick with the mediocrity? Good move Daniel :?

I'm sorry, but I strongly disagree with you....
Morts in the no. 7 has worked wonders in certain games this year (ala the Storm game), why get rid of him when Tom Humble or Feleti/whatever may not work and in fact could just make things worse? I agree move Morts to no 6. and Robson to no 7. , but honestly, you can't blame all our losses on Mortimer. Plus, we have tried using Humble in the halves this year to no success, and Feleti this year is a shadow of his former self-whether that be due to playing no 13. or no, I don't think Daniel Anderson is going to take such a massive risk over a player like Feleti......

If we had a halfback like Cooper Cronk, do you seriously think he would negate the fact that our team has been pretty piss poor for a lot of games this season, both in effort and execution? Simply adding a star halfback won't fix the mental issues in a team (look at the Cowboys).

I'm not saying there *shouldn't* be changes, but like Suity said, not one of the alternatives are good.

fish eel

Immortal
The deck chairs have already been shuffled a few times this season

Pointless to try any more changes that will effect the the team structure IMO

andrew057

First Grade
Daniel Mortimer last 12 games statistics:

Tries - 1
Try Assists - 2
Line Breaks - 2
Line Break Assists - 1

andrew057

First Grade
Morts in the no. 7 has worked wonders in certain games this year (ala the Storm game), why get rid of him when Tom Humble or Feleti/whatever may not work and in fact could just make things worse? I agree move Morts to no 6. and Robson to no 7. , but honestly, you can't blame all our losses on Mortimer. Plus, we have tried using Humble in the halves this year to no success, and Feleti this year is a shadow of his former self-whether that be due to playing no 13. or no, I don't think Daniel Anderson is going to take such a massive risk over a player like Feleti......

If we had a halfback like Cooper Cronk, do you seriously think he would negate the fact that our team has been pretty piss poor for a lot of games this season, both in effort and execution? Simply adding a star halfback won't fix the mental issues in a team (look at the Cowboys).

I'm not saying there *shouldn't* be changes, but like Suity said, not one of the alternatives are good.

Sorry boxhead, I stopped reading after that mate.

boxhead

First Grade
Sorry boxhead, I stopped reading after that mate.

Uhh I go on to say we should move him away from halfback......
I was just saying he has had a few (1 or 2) great games at halfback this year.....meaning he *could* have the potential to be a halfback in the future.....but more than likely not.

andrew057

First Grade
Uhh I go on to say we should move him away from halfback......
I was just saying he has had a few (1 or 2) great games at halfback this year.....meaning he *could* have the potential to be a halfback in the future.....but more than likely not.

Fair enough mate. Im not claiming either option would be sure fire. But currently from a non bias stand point, Parramatta have next to no hope of salvaging anything this season despite having the right pieces to possibly do so. It clears as day the current halves arent working. I dont understand why people arent more willing to throw Mateo back into 5/8 as mentioned previously we were playing some good football at the start of last year and it could be the spark for not just Mateo but the whole team.

Djay

Juniors
Fair enough mate. Im not claiming either option would be sure fire. But currently from a non bias stand point, Parramatta have next to no hope of salvaging anything this season despite having the right pieces to possibly do so. It clears as day the current halves arent working. I dont understand why people arent more willing to throw Mateo back into 5/8 as mentioned previously we were playing some good football at the start of last year and it could be the spark for not just Mateo but the whole team.
Totally agree with you, but many of you's reckon it would be stupid for Mateo to be put into 5/8 but like Andrew has said it could give him that spark to play to his best. Not just him but maybe the rest of the team who is not pulling their weight.

Glenn

First Grade
If he had showed any resemblance of form, then yes move Mateo to 5/8 but what has been done recently to suggest it would be any different from the sh*te he has dished up playing lock.
Simple fact of the matter Mateo looks like he couldn't care what happens, and should be thankful there is no competition for the lock spot or he would be running around Ringrose Park.

boxhead

First Grade

Yeah I understand your logic, definitely.
Most of us are just very doubtful whether Feleti or Humble being moved into the halves will make a positive boost, but who knows we will wait and see.
Way I see it, if we lose our next 2 and have nothing to play for, then Ando may end up trying different combinations of players i.e. giving some of our young guns a go, etc.
Wait and see what happens....we could be saying get rid of Morts today and he could lead us to the GF from here on out. Unlikely, but you know....we have to wait and see what DA does.

lingard

Coach

bullsh*t. Humble has played the grand total of ONE full game at five-eight this year. He had a terrific game, and we beat Manly. Got any other arguments?

True EEL

Bench
Exactly.

Suity

well actually i have openly suggested a plausible alternative (especially when you consider how Hayne has played in the 3 recent games we won)...

6. Hayne
7. Robson

True EEL

Bench
bullsh*t. Humble has played the grand total of ONE full game at five-eight this year. He had a terrific game, and we beat Manly. Got any other arguments?

and if DA doesn't re-discover the guts to make the shift of Hayne to 6, then yes Humble is the next option
i agree with lingard that he hasn't ever had a fair run, especially in the one position - he is the other obvious option (which i have also suggested previously)....

boxhead

First Grade

Yes. I have *other* arguments.
MANLY WERE FREAKING SH*THOUSE ON THAT DAY!
We weren't all that good either....

Lingard, obviously you don't want Daniel Mortimer in the team, but honestly, this goes beyond fair bias.....
Tom Humble was *solid* in each of his games, and had one or two terrible games (i.e. against the Warriors).
I believe he will be great for us in the future, but honestly you just assuming it will work is getting beyond ridiculous.

Sorry if I offend you.....but Tom Humble was going as well-if not worse-than Morts was, and frankly, that's more than likely why Matt Keating was brought back up and he was dropped.....
If you seriously believe Tom Humble is a miracle worker, then give Daniel Anderson a call and tell him that. Because I can guarantee you no one at Parramatta believes thusly. Or would you rather be the head coach? Because you quite obviously have a fair amount of suggestions to make this side so much better.........if Tom Humble turns out to be this miracle you believe he is, then I will repent and kiss your feet.
EVERYONE wants the solution, but frankly, no-one KNOWS what the solution is.....
I'm as passionate on this as you are, and if you can see this in Tom Humble, then all the glory to you.
Again, sorry.....

IFR33K

Coach
Totally agree with you, but many of you's reckon it would be stupid for Mateo to be put into 5/8 but like Andrew has said it could give him that spark to play to his best. Not just him but maybe the rest of the team who is not pulling their weight.

Mateo has been a liability with the ball in his hands playing at lock, imagine if he was 5/8. No thanks.

I havent seen anything in T Humble game to suggest he should be the starting 5/8 ahead of morts.

Currently this is our best option.

FFS fans, please stop bagging the f**king players. Harden the f**k up. If we lose we lose, big f**ken deal.

Fathead

Bench
Exactly.

Suity

Hang on - I have.... Humble, Robson, Amosa, Webhe ...
Oh ....are you saying that Im not whinging about Mortimer .. Oh Ok. ;-)