What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sammut

choc_soldier

Coach
I rarely venture into the Game Day forums on PI, but since Tuesday, the team thread has been compulsive reading! Hard to argue with a lot of the things being raised in there - how a first grade coach of any ilk can come up with a team like that defies logic, and a lot of us Panthers supporters don't like it one bit.

*Sandy*

First Grade
It's going to be amusing to read after the game if Fibro, Daz and Tim Brasher are spot on with the real side that runs out. It's want they wanted but it was what ME planned all along. lol.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
At least the Tele won't have some headline about Wade's debut saying 'The next Brandy' or something...

*Sandy*

First Grade
The only way to look at the Team Selection on Tuesday is by thinking that he is messing with the opposition. In order to do this he has to mess with the fans as well which is very unfortunate for us all. But to mess with his own players heads and not tell them reasons they are dropped and so forth, which is what we are reading from the media is not good business at all.

Personally I don't like this method of coaching.

Caged Panther

First Grade
I think in the case of debutants and in particular really young debutants it understandable though. I mean the mere fact of a 17 year old debuting let alone one doing in the key player makers role would immediately set off a media storm.

It's something they don't need to cope with.

Also got to keep in mind that while it might be a step in the right direction in terms of fixing the teams issues we can't expect the world of them tommorrow night.

Last edited:

Bow_rider

Juniors
I agree with the first post.He has some ability but he was massively wrapped to early.He is a player who has TOO much confidence.A show poney who should stop reading about himself.Elliott should play him in the halves or not at all.Wade Graham is the future of the club.

murraymob

Coach
It's going to be amusing to read after the game if Fibro, Daz and Tim Brasher are spot on with the real side that runs out. It's want they wanted but it was what ME planned all along. lol.

was it what he planned or has he bowed to the pressure of the outrage of the fans.Not to mention a few sponsors who where upset.Me as long as it happens i dont care how it happens

*Sandy*

First Grade
I'm not convinced he has bowed to public pressure. I would hope Elliott had better things to do than read a topic on PI.

murraymob

Coach
i am not convinced .All his major decissions only happen when the fans vent there anger

Worth kept getting picked last year since a thread was started just on his selection has not been picked
OHallaron same last year not seen this year
I have also noticed Adamson approaches the players with a different tact after it become a issue on pi and here
I am still not convinced pantha boy and Elliott are not one

mxlegend99

Referee
If he did bow to the pressure, my response is the first he would have read :D

mxlegend99 (17/06/2008)
I give up on Matt Elliott.

He obviously has no idea on how to pick a team. Sammut on the wing again. Iosefa nowhere to be seen.

We did well to get as far as we did. Our season is officially over.
Maybe he also saw the poll started on this site about our worst ever coach? :lol:

Either way, caving in doesn't change the fact he is still a f*ckwit playing mindgames with the likes of Sammut and Iosefa and increasing the chances of them leaving.

*Sandy*

First Grade
Unless his hand was forced from higher up, personally and this from listening to his media interviews, I think his ego is way too big to bow to public pressure.

I agree with your last sentence mx, as I've stated earlier I am not a fan of this coaching method.

i Think In The Case Of Debutants And In Particular Really Young Debutants It Understandable Though. I Mean The Mere Fact Of A 17 Year Old Debuting Let Alone One Doing In The Key Player Makers Role Would Immediately Set Off A Media Storm.

It's Something They Don't Need To Cope With.

Also Got To Keep In Mind That While It Might Be A Step In The Right Direction In Terms Of Fixing The Teams Issues We Can't Expect The World Of Them Tommorrow Night.

Bingo!

mightypanther

Juniors
was it what he planned or has he bowed to the pressure of the outrage of the fans.Not to mention a few sponsors who where upset.Me as long as it happens i dont care how it happens

I was thinking along the same lines murraymob, but as you say, I don't care why as long as he eventually makes the right decision.

maple_69

Bench
Agreed. Whether he is tactically correct or not is up for debate. However it is indisputable that he is a wanker.

The team thread this week over on PI got way more responses than any game has ever got. With the exception probably of finals, big games etc. That says something and I wouldn't be surprised if Andrew did give some feedback to SOMEONE. Whether it has any bearing on team makeup I'm skeptical.

Latest posts