What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sammut

murraymob

First Grade
sammut is not a winger .Elliott got to see first hand yesterday Covell out jumped him for a try and he would be the least athletic winger in the competion.He will have Amos roberts this week it will be a mass of bombs going his way for sure

*Sandy*

First Grade
Sammut didnt shine this week on the wing. He was found missing a few times. But to me it doesnt mean he shouldnt be in 1st Grade. He needs to be in the middle of the field.

I would like to see Tighe moved to the wing, bring Bobby to Centre and put Jarrod in as 5/8th.

I hate being critical. But Elliott is making me bang my head against a brick wall with his decisions and his use of the bench at times.

titan01

Juniors
Sammut is the future of Penrith at Halfback - I've been saying it on the PI website under a different name for the past 4 years.

Just move Lewis to 6 and put Blair at 13 or in the centres. Blair offers very little in attack. With Sammut at 7 on the left side and Lewis at 6 on the right side, it gives them dual attacking options.

I have known Jaz for years and had the opportubity to work with him early in his career - he's always been confident. He still has a way to go, but I hope he keeps the confidence, he just needs to work on picking the right option at the right time (if that means curbing the adventure sometimes, then so be it). Anyway, good luck to the kid.

Oh, and as for the boots, well, who cares? They're only footy boots. Rather he play in those and be comfortable than play in something else and not be.

Fibroman

First Grade
The boots make him look like a goose. He needs to lose them quickly.

I don't think he is physically big or strong enough to play half or 5/8 in the modern game.

The only place a bloke his size can play in the modern game is fullback.

Pantha-Boy

Juniors
Sammut shouldnt be a winger at all. I would have Tighe out to wing Blair to centres and Sammut to 5/8

murraymob

First Grade
sammutt played for windsor on the weekend and from what i was told by my windsor contacts was outstanding scored and kicked 7 goals.Lead the team around the park well.With the injuries will get his shot in the halfs this week.The interesting thing will be who partners him and who gets moved into the centers to slot him in

abpanther

Staff member
I believe he played fullback.

I hope he gets another shot in the halves this week, we could really use his attacking spark.

Pantha-Boy

Juniors
I have always thought fullback was his best position. They should keep lewis at Half put sammut at 5/8 blair to centres and Tighe on the wing. put Rooney in Windsor.
Rooney did make a great break against the Roosters though. Did anyone see that.
I think it is the best thing he has done all year.

murraymob

First Grade
jarod needs to get a shot at the halves because who ever plays fullback is only warming the spot for Coote who i feel right now is the best fullback we have in the club.Proof of that was Wesser getting out jumped and stripped of the ball by Annasta .His days of leaping high are getting fewer and farer between these days

abpanther

Staff member
Wesser has never been a leaper, no worse sight than watching Wesser with both arms extended trembling under the high ball, an accident waiting to happen. Remember when he played Origin a few years ago, he had a shocker and got bombed outta the series.

Sammut needs to make it in the halves if he is gonna stay on this team, gotta give him a shot and I believe he could be the perfect foil for Graham in the future.

Rooney was very good last week and can't be dropped on that performance.

murraymob

First Grade
i was told graham was close to selection a few weeks ago .But Elliott is concerned he is just to young still 17 turns 18 back end of year but i agree would combine with jarrod well

abpanther

Staff member
Put me out there murray, I won't disappoint ya,

"Left foot step, shimmy, right foot step, fend, goose step, shimmy..."

"He's gone!!!!!"

murraymob

First Grade
there is a massive show of support for jarrod on both this and panthers website.And a growing chorus of dislike for elliott .Last night at 11.10pm there where still 20 people on the team selection thread.

Caged Panther

First Grade
there is a massive show of support for jarrod on both this and panthers website.And a growing chorus of dislike for elliott .Last night at 11.10pm there where still 20 people on the team selection thread.

This is certainly the first time I've seen a team selection thread run as long as a match day thread