What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Samoa 4 nations train on squad

hutch

First Grade
Ricky Leutele (Sharks)
Fa’amanu Brown (Sharks)
Sam Tagataese (Sharks)
Penani Manumalealii (Sharks)
Leeson Ah Mau (St George Illawarra)
Peter Mata’utia (St George Illawarra)
Kyle Stanley (St George Illawarra)
Junior Tia-Kilifi (St George Illawarra)
Suaia Matagi (Warriors)
Dominique Peyroux (Warriors)
Carlos Tuimavave (Warriors)
Michael Sio (Warriors)
Brad Abby (Warriors)
BJ Leilua (Newcastle Knights)
David Fa’alogo (Newcastle Knights)
Sione Mata’utia (Newcastle Knights)
Chanel Mata’utia (Newcastle Knights)
Junior Paulo (Parramatta)
Pauli Pauli (Parramatta)
Kaysa Pritchard (Parramatta)
Tim Simona (Wests Tigers)
Jessie Sue (Wests Tigers)
James Gavet (Wests Tigers)
Ava Seumanufagai (Wests Tigers)

roughyedspud

Coach
they can put together a really decent team with excited backs ( the mata'uti's are the form wingers in the NRL going off the last 6-7 rounds) and can put together a monster pack...

but as always with pacific island nations they are let down by not having a 6 or 7....and its a huge shame that anthony millford has ended his canbarra carrer playing 6!!!

if samoa had millford at 6 and a steady 7 to give him the ball then samoa could have ambushed england or nz and troubled whats looking like a weakend australian...

in fact i wonder if benji has any samoan heritage? just a thought

I'm also assuming that maybe some of these players haven't been asked and have just been picked? BJ in particular

they can put together a really decent team with excited backs ( the mata'uti's are the form wingers in the NRL going off the last 6-7 rounds) and can put together a monster pack...

but as always with pacific island nations they are let down by not having a 6 or 7....and its a huge shame that anthony millford has ended his canbarra carrer playing 6!!!

if samoa had millford at 6 and a steady 7 to give him the ball then samoa could have ambushed england or nz and troubled whats looking like a weakend australian...

in fact i wonder if benji has any samoan heritage? just a thought

nope benji's maori through and through but i think he may have some indian heritage.. ;-)

hutch

First Grade
I'm also assuming that maybe some of these players haven't been asked and have just been picked? BJ in particular

That has been the case for island nations in the past. Expect some players to also be named in the kiwis train on squad!

Indelible

Juniors
They have a 6 with lots of potential in Nu' Brown, unfortunately for him he's been playing in the rabble at Cronulla.

thorson1987

Coach
They have a 6 with lots of potential in Nu' Brown, unfortunately for him he's been playing in the rabble at Cronulla.

They also have Ben Roberts who despite my not being a fan of him, has had a pretty good season.

Maybe he can carry the confidence over to Samoa, just need someone like cronk in their team.

Looking forward to the game in Wollongong. Taking my son to his first test match.

peyow

Juniors
Best genuinely possible Samoan team

1.Peter Mata'utia, 2.Sione Mata'utia, 3.Joey Leilua, 4.Steve Matai, 5.Daniel Vidot, 6.Anthony Milford, 7.Ben Roberts, 8.Suaia Matagi, 9.Nu Brown, 10.David Fa'alogo(c), 11.Sia Soliola, 12.Leeson Ah Mau, 13.Reni Maitua

14.Penani Manumaleali'i, 15.Mose Masoe, 16.Junior Paulo, 17.Sam Tagataese

18th Man-Isaac Liu

Last edited:

Roy80

Juniors
They may as well not show up if that's their forward pack.
Dunamis Lui, Jesse Sene-lefeo, Sika Manu should be there?
Any others?

Roy80

Juniors
Oh yeah. Had my doubts as I typed him.
Must be some better forwards out there for Samoa though.

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
I'd go with:
1. Peter Mata'utia
2. Young Tonumaipea (Born in Samoa)
3. Tim Lafai (Born in Samoa)
4. Kirisome Auva'a (Born in Samoa)
5. Antonio Winterstein
6. Penani Manumaleali'i (Born in Samoa)
7. Ben Roberts
8. Suaia Matagi
9. Fa'amanu Brown
10. Mose Masoe
11. Iosia Soliola
12. Leeson Ah Mau
13. Harrison Hansen

14. Pita Godinet
15. Pauli Pauli
16. Sauaso Sue
17. Isaac Liu

I chose more Samoan born players because I'd say they probably don't have a realistic chance of winning the tournament so developing players who are proud Samoans with an eye towards the future is better than giving a player like Steve Matai a jersey when he was a kiwis international for so long and probably isn't really gonna be a force to be reckoned with by the 2017 world cup. Samoa needs to start picking players loyal to the jersey, I don't mind players switching come world cup time but they should lose out to a player committed to playing for Samoa on a permanent basis.

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
Their aim should be to build a squad give them yearly experience and develop as a unit by having a whole lot of game time together, that's the only way they'll move ahead of the other second tier nations. If they keep choosing mercenaries that's all they'll ever be a team made up washed up kiwis and players not good enough to represent Australia. But either way the Mata'utia aren't better than Winterstein at this point imo, plus as much as I hate Vidot I'd even choose him over the brothers.

Latest posts