What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Samoa Domestic Results

Mr_Ugly

Juniors
Looks like league is finally back up and running in Samoa after a few false starts.

From Rugby League Review, results from Round 1 of the Samoan domestic comp (August 4):

Naenae 30 def Saint 6
Broncos 16 drew Vaimoso Giants 16
Lepea def F-Ula-Ale (forfeit)
Sharks 26 def Sarina 16
Roosters 20 def Barracudas 10
Blackie 39 def Wests Tigers 4

From zero teams to a 12 team comp seems a bit strange to me, but hopefully its a sign of strong interest.

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
Mr_Ugly said:
Looks like league is finally back up and running in Samoa after a few false starts.

From Rugby League Review, results from Round 1 of the Samoan domestic comp (August 4):

Naenae 30 def Saint 6
Broncos 16 drew Vaimoso Giants 16
Lepea def F-Ula-Ale (forfeit)
Sharks 26 def Sarina 16
Roosters 20 def Barracudas 10
Blackie 39 def Wests Tigers 4

From zero teams to a 12 team comp seems a bit strange to me, but hopefully its a sign of strong interest.

The word forfeit dampens any enthusiasm immediately.

bowes

Juniors
Yeah, though one forfeit isn't that bad at that level, compared to say Scotland where their 6 (now 5) team comp had a forfeit most weeks. Still not good though, but hopefully a one off, or just one of the 12 teams that's a dud

nadera78

Juniors
Is it wrong of me to think 'well we haven't heard a dickie out of Samoa for years and now they seem to have a domestic comp a year out from the RLWC where there might be the chance of getting some cash from the RLIF' ? Is that bad of me?

RLIF

Juniors
Fairleigh Good! said:
The word forfeit dampens any enthusiasm immediately.

What the hell are you on? The first compeitition in many years in Samoa and one team forfeit's and you think that dampens any enthusiasm??? Wake up!!!

Go look at the Ireland League, i have counted nearly 20 defualts this year alone!! Wales had their first year when every match was played....Even in NZ in my grade we have defualts every week....even during the finals!!

The fact is people are not payed to play footy, work and family comes first....as soon as two or three players are ruled out because of that and then injuries.....it makes it hard to get 17 players or 13 if your lucky.

Stop being a prick.....i would take a 12 team local competition with one defualt every week over no competition.......

bowes

Juniors
nadera78 said:
Is it wrong of me to think 'well we haven't heard a dickie out of Samoa for years and now they seem to have a domestic comp a year out from the RLWC where there might be the chance of getting some cash from the RLIF' ? Is that bad of me?
Yes and no. Yes there'd probably be no competition without the world cup, but no they're not just doing the bare minimum, as that is four teams, and they have twelve

Latest posts