What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sandow lacking confidence

Nemesis

Bench
Bloody hell, was wondering where you were!
Welcome back.
Cheers NT.... as they say, be careful what you wish for! :D Much better start to the season from your mob this year eh... wish I could say the same about ours. We have lots of work to do, but I'm still confident.

Nemesis

Bench
:lol: Fire up Souffs!

Someone made a typo on your forum! Make an argument based around his playing a bility next time.

:lol: Souffs...
I would have if you'd put up a half-decent argument other than simply "he lacks tallllllllllllllllllllent". Better football minds than ours (Bennett, Langer etc) seem to think that Sandow has plenty of a bility.

andrew057

First Grade
I would have if you'd put up a half-decent argument other than simply "he lacks tallllllllllllllllllllent". Better football minds than ours (Bennett, Langer etc) seem to think that Sandow has plenty of a bility.

These better football minds have been wrong many a time. Sandow is not first grade material. In fact, I'd say with confidence, Souths with any other starting halfback from round 1 instead of Sandow win tonights game.

Fein

First Grade
These better football minds have been wrong many a time. Sandow is not first grade material. In fact, I'd say with confidence, Souths with any other starting halfback from round 1 instead of Sandow win tonights game.

I agree with you here Andrew.

If it were my choice, I'd be looking for an experienced half who knows how to lead a team rather than an ad-hoc, "give me the ball and I'll see what I can do with it" approach.

Kimmorley would be my pick.

Cheers NT.... as they say, be careful what you wish for! :D Much better start to the season from your mob this year eh... wish I could say the same about ours. We have lots of work to do, but I'm still confident.

Mate, I wouldn't worry about your side. We'll see something from them in the next month or so, then it's on. As for us, well, that's more unpredictable. :lol:

Goddo

Bench

Just a couple of quick points. Again, whats your obsession with typos? Are you the keyboard king of south sydney or something.

Also, if you have a mic in your face and being asked about someone, you are going to say nice things. That doesn't mean you think they are all that is golden.

Second point, :lol: Souffs last night. That is all.

adamkungl

Immortal
I agree with you here Andrew.

If it were my choice, I'd be looking for an experienced half who knows how to lead a team rather than an ad-hoc, "give me the ball and I'll see what I can do with it" approach.

Kimmorley would be my pick.

methinks Kimmorley might be past his best, and this year will show it. Look for Sharks fans to say "I told you so"

Fein

First Grade
methinks Kimmorley might be past his best, and this year will show it. Look for Sharks fans to say "I told you so"

He's definitely past his "best" but even that standard is good enough when you have players of the calibre Souths have Adam.

We are rudderless and it shows.

Last edited:

God-King Dean

Immortal
I can't believe someone at the club hasn't smacked him upside his head & told him to wake up to himself. His grubbiness is now literally costing Souths games.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
I can't believe someone at the club hasn't smacked him upside his head & told him to wake up to himself. His grubbiness is now literally costing Souths games.

I have to agree a bit here. I have gone from liking the lad to actively disliking the little cheap shots he seems keen on. Of course, his overall performances haven't been particularly endearing either. :(

Fein

First Grade
I have to agree a bit here. I have gone from liking the lad to actively disliking the little cheap shots he seems keen on. Of course, his overall performances haven't been particularly endearing either. :(

Me too.

The excuse of "youthful exuberance" can no longer be applied.

Nemesis

Bench
Just a couple of quick points. Again, whats your obsession with typos? Are you the keyboard king of south sydney or something.

Also, if you have a mic in your face and being asked about someone, you are going to say nice things. That doesn't mean you think they are all that is golden.

Second point, :lol: Souffs last night. That is all.
First point... surely even an illiterate prat like yourself can see the irony, especially when you describe someone else as having no talent or ability.
Second point... see first point. Oh wait... I can use little laughing emoticons too. :lol:

Nemesis

Bench
Perhaps Andrew, but the kid has played only 38 NRL games and at just 21, is still learning his trade. He didn't win rookie of the year in 2008 for no reason.... when he came into the side mid-year, he was directly responsible for Souths revival after our disasterous season start. However, Sandow's development was subsequently derailed by a full season under a nuffie coach and unfortunately that damage will take some time to reverse.

The free reign that Langy has given him so far looks like it needs to be reeled back in a fair bit though.... at least until Sandow settles down and rediscovers his mojo (kicking game especially). I agree that Sandow does need to stand up big time this year and if he isn't performing consistentently by round 8, we'll need to look at a new no. 7.

Perhaps Andrew, but the kid has played only 38 NRL games and at just 21, is still learning his trade. He didn't win rookie of the year in 2008 for no reason.... when he came into the side mid-year, he was directly responsible for Souths revival after our disasterous season start. However, Sandow's development was subsequently derailed by a full season under a nuffie coach and unfortunately that damage will take some time to reverse.

The free reign that Langy has given him so far looks like it needs to be reeled back in a fair bit though.... at least until Sandow settles down and rediscovers his mojo (kicking game especially). I agree that Sandow does need to stand up big time this year and if he isn't performing consistentently by round 8, we'll need to look at a new no. 7.

By round 8 the season will be dead in the water....Sandow does not have the ability after three seasons to foot it as a top flight halfback in the NRL, and I feel sad in saying that, but the bottom line is his lack of control, whether it be as a tackler or ball-in-hand. Most tackles he misses, and the ones he gets he just goes silly trying to prove some little man muscle and rough them up. Jumping in late to the tackle is pointless when the guy is grounded.

Sandow is overly aggressive and this taints his mindset. His kicking game has not really improved and Sutton is running his own show independently without his help. Issac would go better with Clark at hooker!

I don't know how Lang brings the best out of him or finds some form of consistency, but it better happen in the next couple of weeks.....it's all looking very average.

Nemesis

Bench
By round 8 the season will be dead in the water....Sandow does not have the ability after three seasons to foot it as a top flight halfback in the NRL, and I feel sad in saying that, but the bottom line is his lack of control, whether it be as a tackler or ball-in-hand. Most tackles he misses, and the ones he gets he just goes silly trying to prove some little man muscle and rough them up. Jumping in late to the tackle is pointless when the guy is grounded.

Sandow is overly aggressive and this taints his mindset. His kicking game has not really improved and Sutton is running his own show independently without his help. Issac would go better with Clark at hooker!

I don't know how Lang brings the best out of him or finds some form of consistency, but it better happen in the next couple of weeks.....it's all looking very average.
I understand your frustration HOB, but have faith. The way we're playing atm, we'd make Thurston look ordinary if he were our no.7.

No need to panic just yet, as all will be right with the world again after round 3..... at least it f**king well better be lads!

andrew057

First Grade

That's all well and good Nemesis blame whoever you like, but the fact remains, he is costing Souths game here and now. He can't tackle, lacks vision and plays off instinct. If you want to wait to round 8 you'll have a huge fight on your hands to make the 8.

david36

Juniors
Sandow can't live of back of 2008 forever, He had maybe 2 or 3 decent games in 2009 not good enough.
I remember seeing a graig wing interview at the beggining of 2009, Graig was asked have you been giving Chris and tips, Graig rolled his eyes and pretty much said he dosent want to listen to what ive got say.
I think that pretty much sums it up, if Sandow dosent change his additude he will be the downfall of Souths in 2010 IMO he shouldnt be in the side.

Nemesis

Bench
That's all well and good Nemesis blame whoever you like, but the fact remains, he is costing Souths game here and now. He can't tackle, lacks vision and plays off instinct. If you want to wait to round 8 you'll have a huge fight on your hands to make the 8.
Look, I'm not in Sandow's corner and I agree he was unimpressive last night , but our 2 losses can't be blamed solely on him. E.g it wasn't Sandow's fault that Champion chose to bomb a certain try by going himself instead of passing to an unmarked Merritt.

He CAN tackle properly at times, but lacks the discipline and technique to do so consistently.... Lang is working on this with him. To be fair, Sandow isn't getting much assistance from his halves partner Sutton, who has been MIA and putting too much pressure on his halfback. Also, imo Princess was no better than Sandow was last night.

We've got new coaching staff and a new side who have only played 2 games together, so we should give him a chance.
What other choices do we have atm? Even if another halfback were available, we have no cap space left to buy anyone. That leaves Adam Reynolds (NYC), Malcolm Webster (NYC - injured eta round 5), Eddie Paea (Norths) & Joey Williams (Norths).... none of whom are more capable than Sandow right now.

I'd be more inclined to hook Sutton if he doesn't start firing and bring in either Capewell or even Mundine at five eighth. Suggestions welcome.....

Goddo

Bench
I understand your frustration HOB, but have faith. The way we're playing atm, we'd make Thurston look ordinary if he were our no.7.

No need to panic just yet, as all will be right with the world again after round 3..... at least it f**king well better be lads!

That is a hhuuggee crock of sh!t and you know it. Just look at the way Thurston played against the Broncos last week with the rtards he had around him.

Soufs are right now looking like being in the middle of the pack, fighting off the Tigers, Knights, Cowboys for 8th spot, instead of the top 4 side we kept hearing about all off season, and a big part of that is the side has no pivot taking charge and a weak kicking game.

Deny this all you want or deflect my points because of spelling, it still remains the truth, and its hurting you right now isn't it?