What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sandow to Eels for Rumoured 550k

jackb

Juniors
I love Chris but he is worth nothing like 550K/season. It is impossible for a half to look good when playing behind a poor forward pack and parra struggles in the forwards. They have hindy and fui fui but noone else in their forwards to dominate. I fear for Chris, and I mean it, not any sour grapes on my part.

boo_boo

Juniors
reported as a 4 year deal for just over $1.6mil.
Rusty and Richo being classless and childish in there replies, Rusty not used to being told no i think.
Rusty tweeting $550k a year is just to take pressure off himself and the club as he got away trying to say they couldn't match the money. Richo saying he met his Alan Bond is very below the belt. Bond being the criminal and all.
Good to see you fans aren't as classless as the bloke running it.

Well Richo is doing allright for himself so maybe he has met his Alan Bond in the form of Rusty & HaC.
Double standards.

As a shit load of other posters on various Souths forums have said and I agree,if it is truly 550k a season,I would have drove him out to Paramatta myself.

Zigwaa

Bench
Disappointing as i thought he was really improving his game, still needs a lot of work on his laziness and tackling.

Good luck to him though.

So what are our options for next year? Adam Reynolds, Craig Gower? Wouldn't want Reynolds as the number half as he;s untested in the top grade. Gower isn't the answer either.

Who else is available? Beau Henry if Darius goes to Knights and Gidley goes into the halves.

Disappointing as i thought he was really improving his game, still needs a lot of work on his laziness and tackling.

Good luck to him though.

So what are our options for next year? Adam Reynolds, Craig Gower? Wouldn't want Reynolds as the number half as he;s untested in the top grade. Gower isn't the answer either.

Who else is available? Beau Henry if Darius goes to Knights and Gidley goes into the halves.

Zig,I reckon it would be insane to expect Adam Reynolds to step up after having this whole season out,definately need another half to mentor him.

Rabbitohs Disappointed to Lose Chris Sandow at Season's End

04 May 2011

2009RabbitohsLogoDetail-c1c6fa2d-bc19-410f-a1db-e011264b9573.jpg
[FONT=&quot]The South Sydney Rabbitohs are disappointed to learn of Chris Sandow’s decision to leave the Club at the end of the season.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rabbitohs CEO Shane Richardson said: “We’re very disappointed to learn of Chris’ decision but we wish him the best for the future.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Unfortunately for us he has met his Alan Bond.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/News/Cl...nted-to-Lose-Chris-Sandow-at-Seasons-End.html

SaraSassypants

Juniors
I love Chris but he is worth nothing like 550K/season. It is impossible for a half to look good when playing behind a poor forward pack and parra struggles in the forwards. They have hindy and fui fui but noone else in their forwards to dominate. I fear for Chris, and I mean it, not any sour grapes on my part.

Hey! What about Mannah? He's a champ. Though I am biased

Bailey1188

Juniors
I agree that Richo's comment is very low Boo Boo.

Can't believe a CEO would stoop to saying that in the media...

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Richo shows again how unprofessional he is with that comment. Time for him to go after he apologises for that petulant statement.

In terms of Sandow, good luck to the kid, who can blame him for taking that kind of coin.

He is a good young player that I wanted us to keep, but he is not worth 400 to 500k in the cap.

Wobbygong

First Grade
I still can't believe you let sandow go and kept the useless sloth sutton. Especially given true halfbacks are as rare as hens teeth? I bet the amount wasn't 550k that's Crowe trying to justify missing his signature.

cleary89

Coach
Glad you guys agree about richos statment. Imagine if Bennett did go there and he had to deal with amatuers like that. Oh and the owner tweeting how much someone earns. Pretty embarrasing imo.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Glad you guys agree about richos statment. Imagine if Bennett did go there and he had to deal with amatuers like that. Oh and the owner tweeting how much someone earns. Pretty embarrasing imo.

I can't disagree with any of that unfortunately.

Fiddy

Juniors
To be fair didnt sandow continually say he is staying at souths and how he owes them so much for everything they did for them? I would wager that he even was set to sign with souths even up to as of yesterday (That's what the media thought as well) and has down a turn around due to a large last ditch offer from parra and Richo/Rusty are just taken aback.

Just a theory anyway

Nemesis

Bench
lol@squeels getting into a bidding war for Sandow and having to pay massive overs for him.
They did the exact same thing with Mortimer and the Dogs and hasn't that worked out so well for them.
Congrats Parra.... you're now the official laughing stock of the league.

boxhead

First Grade
It's not 550K per season, it's 400K per season over 4 years. Not only is Rusty being an idiot for trying to publicise his salary, but he got it wrong too. And Richardson....I'm sorry, but he is an absolute w*nker.

whats up doc

Juniors
My sadness has now turned to anger. Why the feck did we sign Sutton before Sandow? Even before Sandow hit form, he was showing more effort and skill than Sutton, let alone now when he looks like he'll be heading towards the prime of his career. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!

Latest posts