What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sandow vs Robbo

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Na sandow is defensively sh$t but attack wise is brilliant. He has no confidence at the moment because he is being ask to play in a way which is not his natural game . He has mistakes in his attacking game but i believe he should be told to play his natural game in attack - and the side will work harder in defence to cover his mistakes. Anything side with hayne and sandow should not have problems with scoring points

IFR33K

Coach
Na sandow is defensively sh$t but attack wise is brilliant. He has no confidence at the moment because he is being ask to play in a way which is not his natural game . He has mistakes in his attacking game but i believe he should be told to play his natural game in attack - and the side will work harder in defence to cover his mistakes. Anything side with hayne and sandow should not have problems with scoring points

His defense is shocking. Not worth what ever he is getting paid, regardless of game plans.

Brenno75

Juniors

He is sh!t.

Gronk

Staff member
Robbo was MOM tonight, defensively strong. Kicked well and scored 2 tries.

Robbo has had a great year. Sandow has had a shit year.

Robbo is $300k cheaper.

considering SK's style is about Structure and defence then why did he not keep Robson? Sandow can't tackle and can't organise a attack. He is not a team player.
#notateamplayer

IFR33K

Coach
considering SK's style is about Structure and defence then why did he not keep Robson? Sandow can't tackle and can't organise a attack. He is not a team player.
#notateamplayer

Thats the thing that has been mentioned 1000 times here.

SK has recruited players that dont suit his style.

And people want to see him, see out his contract.

f**k off SK, back to melbourne, you useless wanker.

Forty20

First Grade
There is no doubt that he is playing no where what he is getting paid. Not sure what the solution is...perhaps, pending a solid showing tomorrow we put Kelly to #7 (and primary first receiver) and Sandow to #6.

He is trying, and it seems like he is always the only one putting in the hard yards on kick chases (which frustrates me but is an entirely different matter about team attitude) but he is getting targeted and found out in defence and isn't sparking regularly enough in attack.

Last edited:

IFR33K

Coach
Whats worse, is that we could potentially lose Hayne, because of the size of the nuggets contract.

f**k you, SK.

yy_cheng

Coach
He doubt that he is playing no where what he is getting paid. Not sure what the solution is...perhaps, pending a solid showing tomorrow we put Kelly to #7 (and primary first receiver) and Sandow to #6.

He is trying, and it seems like he is always the only one putting in the hard yards on kick chases (which frustrates me but is an entirely different matter about team attitude) but he is getting targeted and found out in defence and isn't sparking regularly enough in attack.

We are split halves. 6 or 7 makes no difference. I was watching sandow call for the ball but mk goes the other way coz hayne was over the other side

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
1st - Let's not forget Robson was offered a two year deal with eels for 2012 and 2013 but took to long to sign so it was withdrawn

2nd - he is playing along side carney, the x factor . Let's see how good he goes if carney was out for an extended period.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
We are split halves. 6 or 7 makes no difference. I was watching sandow call for the ball but mk goes the other way coz hayne was over the other side

That is my point - sandow should be the man, he makes the calls. That is his natural game - but he is being asked to play a game which is not natural to him

parra pete

Referee
I feel sorry for Chris Sandow. He is a much better player than he is showing at the moment. He'll come good..
Jeff Robson is consistent - what you see is what you get. A worker in the honey production...Knows his job, and does it well. Readers of this forum know that I have always rated him. Not outstanding, just a good old 'blue collar worker". Jack Gibson type player..

Gronk

Staff member
1st - Let's not forget Robson was offered a two year deal with eels for 2012 and 2013 but took to long to sign so it was withdrawn

2nd - he is playing along side carney, the x factor . Let's see how good he goes if carney was out for an extended period.

So you're saying that Robbo was smart leaving this rabble ? Can't argue with that.

Forty20

First Grade

Maybe we need to move away from spilt halves then. With our current roster and/or perhaps our overall game plan, it has proven to be predominately ineffective. Centralise our attacking structure with a genuine halfback/first-receiver (who at this point is really only Kelly) and make Sandow and Hayne the secondary options.

Split halves simply isn't coming together consistently enough. We played a possession game tonight and neither half could take control when we had our chances (and were still in the game).

yy_cheng

Coach
I feel sorry for Chris Sandow. He is a much better player than he is showing at the moment. He'll come good..
Jeff Robson is consistent - what you see is what you get. A worker in the honey production...Knows his job, and does it well. Readers of this forum know that I have always rated him. Not outstanding, just a good old 'blue collar worker". Jack Gibson type player..

He is but he can't be the main ball player or kicker which he was at Parra but not so at the sharks.

I have always said, play to the players strengths and don't show his weaknesses. Flanagan is doing that well with robbo and care.

Mortz is not a ball playing halfback. He has other skills, but we tried to make him into one

Latest posts