What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sandow

Jimmy Smooth

Juniors
Link doesnt seem to work Nem, just found this though
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-to-reject-offer/story-e6frexnr-1226048689046
Good on Sandow for showing loyalty....while he took a pay rise, he still gave away more money to stay with souths. Good on him. I wouldn't have been disappointed if he chose Parra, but i would have been disappointed with the football club with not retaining him.

with all these players 'snubbing' (if you want to call it that), there must be a serious 'play image' problem at the club. Do you think Jarryd Haynes superstar status scares away players from wanting to play there?

Nemesis

Bench
Link doesnt seem to work Nem, just found this though
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-to-reject-offer/story-e6frexnr-1226048689046
Good on Sandow for showing loyalty....while he took a pay rise, he still gave away more money to stay with souths. Good on him. I wouldn't have been disappointed if he chose Parra, but i would have been disappointed with the football club with not retaining him.

with all these players 'snubbing' (if you want to call it that), there must be a serious 'play image' problem at the club. Do you think Jarryd Haynes superstar status scares away players from wanting to play there?
Good news for Souths.... and Sandow I think too. I couldn't really see him fitting in well over there tbh and if true, Souths have seemingly dodged a bullet by leaving it 'til the death to resign him.
Management masterstroke or near monumental mistake... I guess only time will tell.

Don't know what's happening at the Eels, but imo their recruitment and retention hasn't been up to scratch in recent seasons and it's really starting to hurt them.

As they say, a fish always rots from the head down and I don't think all is well at senior management level, coupled with uncertainty and some instability due to their looming leagues club electons.

Noa

First Grade
Lol Souf fans, dont try to make the Eels feel better by reminding them they have Mortimer, Sandow has more ability in his little finger.

DC_fan

Coach
Good news for Souths.... and Sandow I think too. I couldn't really see him fitting in well over there tbh and if true, Souths have seemingly dodged a bullet by leaving it 'til the death to resign him.
Management masterstroke or near monumental mistake... I guess only time will tell.

Don't know what's happening at the Eels, but imo their recruitment and retention hasn't been up to scratch in recent seasons and it's really starting to hurt them.

As they say, a fish always rots from the head down and I don't think all is well at senior management level, coupled with uncertainty and some instability due to their looming leagues club electons.

Just because he doesn't sign with the Eels doesn't mean he will re-sign with Souths.

He is a Qlder so maybe he wants to go home and play with Brisbane. Phillips Ronald Gould believes this will happen.

But if he does re-sign with Souths. Out will come the call that we are rorting the salary cap.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Just because he doesn't sign with the Eels doesn't mean he will re-sign with Souths.

He is a Qlder so maybe he wants to go home and play with Brisbane. Phillips Ronald Gould believes this will happen.

But if he does re-sign with Souths. Out will come the call that we are rorting the salary cap.

Brisbane wouldn't offer anywhere near what he wants. After reading everything he's said lately, including statements from his family that he will benefit from the move to Parra (In what one can only assume is a financial benefit) it's safe to say he would not go to Broncos for less money. Even if he could win a premiership.. he wants the cash

BunniesMan

Immortal
My info is Sandow will soon reject the 500k offer, not to play more mind games, but to sign with Souths for signifcantly less. We're only offering about 2/3rd's of their offer.

For what it's worth, I trust the source but obviously no guarantees until it is officially signed, sealed and delivered.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Mario getting a bit of abuse thrown at him about loyalty as well. Oh well, great news, hope he shows more of the performances he has been showing lately.
Totally, If he keeps playing the way he has been we'll be sweet. It's the finishers I'm more worried about though. The Dragons game is the one that was the biggest tell-tale. So so SO many squandered opportunities. Dropped balls etc. At the end of the day, Sandow will continue to setup well, just depends whether ours guys will follow. Wesser and Talanoa getting dropped has given the younger guys a chance to show they are better finishers. So far they are proving ok

Stagger eel

Staff member
My info is Sandow will soon reject the 500k offer, not to play more mind games, but to sign with Souths for signifcantly less. We're only offering about 2/3rd's of their offer.

For what it's worth, I trust the source but obviously no guarantees until it is officially signed, sealed and delivered.

our offer is no where near the reported amount, in fact it's actually 150K less a year..

good luck to him for *cough* staying loyal *cough*..it only took 3 offers on our part plus some behind the scenes fancy dancin from souths to get him over the line, but our revised offer may also mean that you guys may need to answer to someone from the NRL ;-)

good luck with that

derekmc

Juniors
souths should drop him straight away, the last thing I want to see when I go and see the bunnies is him pointing to his bunny after a try, he did well to get the big $.

innsaneink

Referee
Be interesting to see how his form continues as it is or if it drops now

Inglis- A case of throwing all your eggs into one basket?

Latest posts