What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarah goes electro for Eels

Pazza

First Grade
seriously who wants to see USA style cheer leading?

what a bunch of w@nk3rs

Pazza

First Grade
best thing we can do is get a different local league club each home game to select a few players of different ages to line up and clap the players in when they run out. builds good community spirit

Kornstar

Coach
Pazza said:
seriously who wants to see USA style cheer leading?

what a bunch of w@nk3rs

I personally love it, way better than the crap we used to have

Why is everyone so afraid of USA stuff????

strider

Post Whore
<UPtheEELS> said:
This rivals the Holic is a man rumour.
but no where near as good as the "is half a guy?" one :lol:

and i'm with eela - when i looked i thought jess

Pazza

First Grade
Kornstar said:
I personally love it, way better than the crap we used to have

Why is everyone so afraid of USA stuff????

i'm a strong believe in creativity and local culture. not cut and paste bullsh*t that is the state of origin ad. foreign influences are a good thing but too much of it is damaging to our country. dont you feel there is too much of the usa in aus anyways?

emjaycee said:
So am I wrong in assumming u r an ape?
:D :D :D

No you'd be correct in assumming i am.

Heres a recent photo of me doing my daily comute

ape400.jpg

JessEel said:
"She's a lady... whoa whoa whoa She's a lady!"

:D

((Isn't Jess a girl's name?))

No offence meant.

But Jessie is a well known MANS name also, Jessie James, Jessie Jackson, Uncle Jessie to name but a few

Pazza said:
i'm a strong believe in creativity and local culture. not cut and paste bullsh*t that is the state of origin ad. foreign influences are a good thing but too much of it is damaging to our country. dont you feel there is too much of the usa in aus anyways?

Having Been to the US recently. I can say completely there is a great deal that makes Australia's culture so independent that it will never fall away. The Cheer Leaders have been in the Game since the 1970s and have been trying to be like the US cheer-squads since then, but have ended up be Dancing Troupes. I don't know if you Remember the First Attempt Channel 10 had for Monday Night Football. They have a whole segment on the "Rockettes" who were selected here in Australia then flown to Dallas to train and work with the Dallas Cowboys Squad. The Cowboys Squad that the Rockettes performed together on the First Monday night football before the Rockettes Stayed on and performed at Monday Nights, which was held after the Mid Week Cup had finished.

If you are going to have Cheer Leading, (as in Girls with Pom Poms on the Side of the ground) then you might as well have them doing Hi energy entertainment and just shaking their pom poms.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
American Style Cheerleading way more exciting then just dancing to music. There is an element of skill involved. I love it - I miss the boys though, i think that they were needed to flip the girls up and stuff, it's not as good without them. Although im sure they left cos they were probably made fun of by narrow minded footy blokes

Kornstar

Coach
JessEel said:
American Style Cheerleading way more exciting then just dancing to music. There is an element of skill involved. I love it - I miss the boys though, i think that they were needed to flip the girls up and stuff, it's not as good without them. Although im sure they left cos they were probably made fun of by narrow minded footy blokes

I think the girls are still doing a great job, even without the boys

JessEel said:

That is something but remember at the Blues Launch they had the NSW Cheerleaders? They looked very Familiar, I swore I knew one of them from the eels cheer website, and they had The Blokes for the Flips.

Maybe we can't afford to keep them?

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
they are still awesome - no doubt about it! its a shame they don't get more of a cheer when they do the really complicated stuff!

Pazza

First Grade
lets be honest the only reason the NFL puts so much effort into cheer leading is because the game is a snore fest. i'm happy with the way it is now, bit of a perve when the players run out, but once the boys are on the pitch that where my attention is

forward pass

Coach
Years ago when the Eels played at Cumberland - and then Belmore- they had cheergirls they called the "Cumberland Cowgirls" - correct me if the name is wrong.

But they were very good and there heaps of them so they were pretty entertaining - they would cover half the field.

I still remember the songs they used to dance to as they did the same ones EVERY home game. One I clearly remember was called "Que Sera - Mi ivida" - or something like that !!!!

Anyone else remember ??