What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saturday Arvo Footy at Henson

Bluebag

Juniors
This Saturday the Newtown Jets host the Jim Beam premiers the Sydney Bulls at Henson at 3pm. These guys deserve as much support as possible as for the first time in a long time we have a quality side that is able to compete with the money clubs so please come on down and show your Bluebag support.

Given the fact we have not had the same team on the field in our 3 games we are sitting in 4th place and can only improve as players start to gel.

2 True Blues

Coach
Newtown versus Balmain Tigers on Saturday 23rd of April. Think it is a double header, Jim Beam side versus Cabramatta. first game is usually at about 1.30pm i think second game at 3pm.

Big game too as Balmain and Newtown are reasonably evenly placed on the ladder so far. :!:

Good one to go and see, as both sides should be hungry.....

Jeffles

Bench
There will be a curtain raiser. It is a Jersey Flegg (Under 20s) fixture between Sydney Roosters and St George Illawarra Dragons.

The first game is at 1.15 with kick off in the PL clash at 3pm.

2 True Blues

Coach
How important would a win against Balmain be at Henson this weekend ???

Whos goin to the game ???

Is it true we will have GALLOWAY playing ??Looks like we have a strong line up.

Nathan MERRITT
Ryan McGOLDRICK
Demitri PELO
Frank SAMIA
Vince MELLARS
Russel AITKIN
David HALL
Phil LEULELI
Andrew LOMU
David THOMPSON
Keith GALLOWAY
Kevin KINGSTON
Cliff MANUA
Dan DUMAS
Geoff JOHNSON
Jon GREEN
Luke HARLEN

Jeffles

Bench
Two wins. Four points.

Roll on Rabbitoh Park this Friday and get ready to silence the Cabra Clap in the JBC.

Fanny Batter

Juniors
jeffles its not rabbitoh park norths r gonna shock newtown.this isnt that trial team we hav storm players now and youll hafta fight hard.nso is a graveyard for the jets.remember last yr?

Bluebag

Juniors
FB I remember the last 2 years same score Bears 28- Jets 18. I f we play like we did last weekend we will lose by 20 if we pull our finger out as we did against the Pies we win by 20. It depends on who turns up.

Jeffles

Bench
FB and BB on the same wave length. How about that!

I am confident the Jets will turn around and put 20 on the Bears.

Oh, and win, lose or draw I don't think you can ever stop the Cabra Clap. Bluebag, shall I lend you my belt for your trip to Cabramatta? :lol:

Bluebag

Juniors
No thanks I have some tubing on order at Cabra Convenience.

Jeffles By the way enjoy Friday night in the scoreboard, it's not a junket trip like Parkes you are working or is doing your job too much for you as the previous jobholder worked hard all the time while you enjoyed yourself.

2 True Blues

Coach
Went out to Cabramatta last season to watch the Jets go down to them after a close and spirited effort. Gotta give it to the locals they really support their side considering it is only Jim beam Cup. Had a larger crowd than I have ever seen at Henson since year 2000.

Should be a good game.

Fanny Batter

Juniors
cabra get good crowds.they hav a nut job that follows em 2.good on em.there r 2 many jim beam sides that operate from a handout and dont get out in the community.at least they r out there.

2 True Blues

Coach
Yeah Fanny. I think I was the only Jets supporter at the oval that day. Yet I still yelled really loud for the boys, to the disgust of the locals. Turned a couple of heads as usual.

:D :D

mightydragon

Juniors
It should be a good game at Cabra this arvo. I really hope that 'The nut job' you are referring to F.B is not Alfie. He loves his footy and has followed Cabra for as long as I can remember.

2 True Blues

Coach
Fanny Batter said:
jeffles its not rabbitoh park norths r gonna shock newtown.this isnt that trial team we hav storm players now and youll hafta fight hard.nso is a graveyard for the jets.remember last yr?
:BDH: Jets 32 Norths 16.

GO YOU MIGHTY BLUEBAGS....... \\:D/ :thumn :blahb: :blahb: :blahb:

I don't remember last year (I was stuck over here then as well), but I remember the two previous visits. Great to turn around the NSO hoodoo.

Anyone go and have a drink with the Bears types after at the Rag & Famish? I hope they were gracious in defeat (we sure tried to be in 2002 & 2003).

BTW - what happened to the Bears fans drinking at Percy's after the game? Maybe that's the change that broke the drought?

Jeffles

Bench
The Bears are sponsored by the Rag 'n' Famish but not by Percy's. The girls at the RnF had Bears shirts on behind the bar. They also put on a Bears menu at the bistro.

I had a few in the RnF and a couple at Percy's before the match. I didn't hang around afterwards but HPH did.

As usual the Norths fans were in good spirits and the banter was healthy. Always good to make a trip to NSO.

Fanny, good to see you again. Bad luck about the loss.

Latest posts