What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Savage Blow to our Frontrow Depth.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I was reliabley informed that JT, Vella and Cannings are all out for the rest of the NRL season, Vella with an ankle and both AZ and Tsolous need shoulder reconstructions.

Really Bad news..we need Peek, JC, Fui and Caylo to go injury and suspension free for the rest of the season as players under them are not up to first grade standard.

The Colonel

Immortal
I wonder can we pick up a cheap front rower somewhere from ESL or something for the remainder of the season. That is a huge blow really. With Oake already gone as well the depth is being pushed.

Zeb or Weller may have to move up front if the need arises.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hellsy said:
Missing Cannings is not a blow to our Frontrow :lol: :lol: :lol:

it is when you have Aaron Wood and Peter Lewis to choose from.

Az hurt his shoulder in his comeback game and was only on the field for 20 minutes and really dominated before he hurt himself again.

He must be the most frustrated bloke in the world.

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Colonel said:
I wonder can we pick up a cheap front rower somewhere from ESL or something for the remainder of the season. That is a huge blow really. With Oake already gone as well the depth is being pushed.

Zeb or Weller may have to move up front if the need arises.

too late!!...you can recruit for this year after June 30 unfortunately.

The Colonel

Immortal
eelavation said:
too late!!...you can recruit for this year after June 30 unfortunately.

I thought so. Hindy may be playing a lot more front row than he wants....

Morrison and Riddell being injured on the weekend doesn't help much either.

Hellsy

Immortal
eelavation said:
it is when you have Aaron Wood and Peter Lewis to choose from.

Az hurt his shoulder in his comeback game and was only on the field for 20 minutes and really dominated before he hurt himself again.

He must be the most frustrated bloke in the world.

He has barely played all year... you may as well say we have had a blow to our frontrow from Rd 1 then.

Cannings is a poor player and is being paid way too highly

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hellsy said:
He has barely played all year... you may as well say we have had a blow to our frontrow from Rd 1 then.

Cannings is a poor player and is being paid way too highly

He virtually hasn't played all year..IMO if Az was fit he'd be there before Peeky and JC..but I did say blow to the Frontrow depth I didn't say he'd be there if our first 17 was available..

also bare in mind Stringer's premature retirement have made things very vulnerable in that area too.

Hellsy

Immortal
eelavation said:
He virtually hasn't played all year..IMO if Az was fit he'd be there before Peeky and JC..but I did say blow to the Frontrow depth I didn't say he'd be there if our first 17 was available..

also bare in mind Stringer's premature retirement have made things very vulnerable in that area too.

That is my point!!!
u can't say it is a big loss to our frontrow depth when he hasnt been here all year

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
JT has had some awefully bad luck

I hope this doesn't stuff his career up, he was just starting to show a bit of form

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hellsy said:
That is my point!!!
u can't say it is a big loss to our frontrow depth when he hasnt been here all year

Hells, what I'm saying is had he had enough football under his belt the option to use him IMO would be better than players we currently we have on the bench.

but that's just my opinion, I'm not argueing the fact that his been an under achiever, far from it all I'm saying the frontrow stocks within the club is looking very thin.

Hellsy

Immortal
eelavation said:
Hells, what I'm saying is had he had enough football under his belt the option to use him IMO would be better than players we currently we have on the bench.

but that's just my opinion, I'm not argueing the fact that his been an under achiever, far from it all I'm saying the frontrow stocks within the club is looking very thin.

I understand your point, I just don't think you were getting mine!
I think the exact opposite, he is absolute crap and I's prefer the younger guys to come up

James_Hardie

Juniors
No need to panic.

If the rumor is true, by next year we will have Ray Cashmere here to solve our depth problems at prop....