What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Save Our Saints SOS

RedVDave

First Grade
I've always liked clever signs I have no artisric creativity so my suggestions would include:

"I'm bored with this board"
"Save Our Saints"
"Dinosaurs aren't extinct they run our football club"
"This place has become a disgrace"
"We are not on track we are going back"
"We've had had 5 coach changes and 0 at board level for the same results"
"Even the players have admitted they don't want to be here"
"Red V to dead V"

Some are a bit lame but I'm sure you get the general idea.

Parko1310

Juniors
The game is at 15:00 next Saturday we could try arrange everyone getting together before the game I know this has failed in the past but I can't recall the fans ever being this fed up and it's before a game which most will probably be attending anyway.
Something has to be done. We've all got to turn up and do our bit

56to66

Juniors
I think a coffin with RIP Dragons 1921-2023 at Kogarah next Saturday will attract a lot of attention.
Sorry according to every other supporter we died in 1998, as Jame s Hooper says like a broken record, we are a Joint Venture with 1 premiership.
Let them die and resurrect the true Red V with 15 premierships.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
I've always liked clever signs I have no artisric creativity so my suggestions would include:

"I'm bored with this board"
"Save Our Saints"
"Dinosaurs aren't extinct they run our football club"
"This place has become a disgrace"
"We are not on track we are going back"
"We've had had 5 coach changes and 0 at board level for the same results"
"Even the players have admitted they don't want to be here"
"Red V to dead V"

Some are a bit lame but I'm sure you get the general idea.
Love it

Wolfgang90

Juniors
The game is at 15:00 next Saturday we could try arrange everyone getting together before the game I know this has failed in the past but I can't recall the fans ever being this fed up and it's before a game which most will probably be attending anyway.

It only works if there's exposure on social media & through prominent media figures or former players. 10-15 people protesting is just a side piece article for a few clicks.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Don’t go to Jubilee is counterproductive.
1. the players require support
2. They’ll move future games to Accor, Win or Allianz
Yes. The Club board doesn't care about attendances. The failed RGRV debacle was proof of that.
There are many better options, some that have been suggested already.

I've mentioned before that organising a vote at the St George Leagues AGM actually does shake them up. It requires full membership for just 3 years (not associate membership, you can only vote with full membership).

Unfortunately some folks see this as giving money to the Club. Others think 3 years is too long (and have been saying that for nearly 10 years). But it will get a reaction before that time.

Trust me when I say the Club would get worried if they noticed a sustained surge in full memberships happening at St George Leagues Club. They would be more likely to listen. The fact is, the Leagues Club is the ONLY place where members can actually vote against the board. This path may be full of hurdles, but hurdles are there to be overcome. Those same hurdles prove they don't want supporters having a say.

RedVee_8

Juniors
Yes. The Club board doesn't care about attendances. The failed RGRV debacle was proof of that.
There are many better options, some that have been suggested already.

I've mentioned before that organising a vote at the St George Leagues AGM actually does shake them up. It requires full membership for just 3 years (not associate membership, you can only vote with full membership).

Unfortunately some folks see this as giving money to the Club. Others think 3 years is too long (and have been saying that for nearly 10 years). But it will get a reaction before that time.

Trust me when I say the Club would get worried if they noticed a sustained surge in full memberships happening at St George Leagues Club. They would be more likely to listen. The fact is, the Leagues Club is the ONLY place where members can actually vote against the board. This path may be full of hurdles, but hurdles are there to be overcome. Those same hurdles prove they don't want supporters having a say.
I’ve been a mbr since Jan 1980… so I’ve got the 3 years covered. 😊
I’m also a mbr of the Footy Club were the SGI board members are allocated from. However, yes, they those board members are basically the Leagues Club members.

jeffdragon

Bench
This is a great idea, but would you put it past the Dragons to send an official up onto the hill and take them down? I know officials at manchester united in the premier league took signs hanging over the rafters away stating they wanted the owners gone. I could picture something similar.

If that didn't happen, I think this is an awesome idea
I was at the Sharks game at the hill end kiosk a fan game through that gate and was asked about a sign he was carrying and was asked to stop.
Not sure if they took it off him.
But don't you have to register if you were bringing some sort of banner to our home games.
Does that still apply?

We did it in 1995, I think it is time for us fans to rise again. We need to do something, before our club is buried once and for all. There was something planned before the Roostets game but nothing eventuated. Does anyone care to actually do something?
You can't make a souffle rise twice.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
This is a great idea, but would you put it past the Dragons to send an official up onto the hill and take them down? I know officials at manchester united in the premier league took signs hanging over the rafters away stating they wanted the owners gone. I could picture something similar.

If that didn't happen, I think this is an awesome idea
But don't you have to register if you were bringing some sort of banner to our home games.
Does that still apply?