What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Save Our Saints SOS

Parko1310

Juniors
Just an idea-but at the next home game against Souths-at the 13th minute, the Dragon Army turn their backs and all signs for one minute. This will be noticed by the cameras and all the officials in the stands. It requires no organisation much and will be noticed particualrly if a lot of noise goes with it.
Issue is the tigers fans did the same thing, got media attention during the week, yet fox didn't show it. Albeit this was at ANZ, a much bigger ground. I think a stronger gesture than this is needed though and I don't know it'd get any attention where we need it to. It should, but tigers fans have shown us it won't.

Parko1310

Juniors
So, if we want to do this, are we required to register our banners? And will they accept comments against the board written on them. So long as they are not derogatory I'd see it as an infringement by the club not to allow it to happen, but who knows. They seem to hold the cards.

RedVDave

First Grade
I like the idea of turning the backs I'd suggest at the 39th minute so we can potentially get a good shot at halftime.

Also getting around the banner signage is easy just write something on each side of the banner say you want to write "board step down" for example on the other side just write "go Ben Hunt go" and register that as your banner easy fix and you can even go a step forward more and cover the unregistered side with some plain white cloth.

Coffs dragon

Bench
To get around the stupid banner registration, then do it at Shark Park Thursday night TV game Sharks vs Dragons 29 June.
Maximum TV coverage and alert Buzz Rothfield to RedV banner protest to get media coverage.

Hit the BOD with signage reflecting Dragons fan anger at them.

Illusion

Bench
To get around the stupid banner registration, then do it at Shark Park Thursday night TV game Sharks vs Dragons 29 June.
Maximum TV coverage and alert Buzz Rothfield to RedV banner protest to get media coverage.

Hit the BOD with signage reflecting Dragons fan anger at them.
Nah for me it would be a home game at Kogarah or Win , Dont turn up , empty hill grandstand ..... Tv game would be good ....... Then the media will get on board ...... Empty ........

Last edited:
Call me old fashioned or a dinosaur but my view to Save Our Saints is to disband the JV and start fresh again as a stand alone club . I think the major problem is that the Board is dysfunctional due to the two factions seemingly never being on the same page. So cut the head from the snake.. the JV.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
So, if we want to do this, are we required to register our banners? And will they accept comments against the board written on them. So long as they are not derogatory I'd see it as an infringement by the club not to allow it to happen, but who knows. They seem to hold the cards.
There' only one way to find out. The Club insists that any restrictions are not to do with censorship, so I would politely let them know their own policy. Link below.
Plus, according to the media release, the banner restrictions are there because of Georges River Council. The Club says they aren't the ones making the decision.

The St George Illawarra Dragons refute any suggestions of involvement in the decision or censorship, and would encourage all supporters intending to bring banners to future games to utilise the banner registration policy that's in place.

Parko1310

Juniors
There' only one way to find out. The Club insists that any restrictions are not to do with censorship, so I would politely let them know their own policy. Link below.
Plus, according to the media release, the banner restrictions are there because of Georges River Council. The Club says they aren't the ones making the decision.

The St George Illawarra Dragons refute any suggestions of involvement in the decision or censorship, and would encourage all supporters intending to bring banners to future games to utilise the banner registration policy that's in place.

Perfect, so according to their own policy they can't not let us do it so long as it isn't offensive or derogatory, which I'm sure no one is planning anyway. Next step, we've got to register our banners.

to_ddeath

Coach
Call me old fashioned or a dinosaur but my view to Save Our Saints is to disband the JV and start fresh again as a stand alone club . I think the major problem is that the Board is dysfunctional due to the two factions seemingly never being on the same page. So cut the head from the snake.. the JV.
WIN have far too much stake in it right now, good luck wrestling outright ownership & disbanding from these reptiles...both sides have created this absolute shitshow & the controlling interest has no interest in St George at all

Dragon for life

Juniors
Nah for me it would be a home game at Kogarah or Win , Dont turn up , empty hill grandstand ..... Tv game would be good ....... Then the media will get on board ...... Empty ........
A bit extreme but what if everyone ran onto the field at the 13min mark, held up their signs in protest. This will have to get media coverage. Possible charges for running onto the park but if everyone did it they would surely forgive and allow the protest.

And don't worry about disrupting the team’s momentum because they don’t usually have any. 😂

Illusion

Bench

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Remember when that Sydney Kings referred to us as "Mess, a train wreck and a dumpster fire all rolled into one"? I want the media to bring up that quote again because hell, he's known it and we've known it for yonks now. And if the members can't vote to get the board out, we have to turn every damn media outlet in their face so that they have nowhere to hide.
Remember 7 or 8 years ago we got a bit of traction and then the media just told us we were stupid?

Who is stupid?

Ghostrider22

Juniors
Yes. The Club board doesn't care about attendances. The failed RGRV debacle was proof of that.
There are many better options, some that have been suggested already.

I've mentioned before that organising a vote at the St George Leagues AGM actually does shake them up. It requires full membership for just 3 years (not associate membership, you can only vote with full membership).

Unfortunately some folks see this as giving money to the Club. Others think 3 years is too long (and have been saying that for nearly 10 years). But it will get a reaction before that time.

Trust me when I say the Club would get worried if they noticed a sustained surge in full memberships happening at St George Leagues Club. They would be more likely to listen. The fact is, the Leagues Club is the ONLY place where members can actually vote against the board. This path may be full of hurdles, but hurdles are there to be overcome. Those same hurdles prove they don't want supporters having a say.
Yes Willow the board have the Jerry Mander in place as you say hurdles.

Gareth67

First Grade
I fear we have crossed the Rubicon.
Yes getsmarty you are right there . However Caesar followed Pompey all the way to Greece and finally Egypt to claim victory .

Perhaps we the supporters can chase the Dragon board to at least outback Queensland where they can take up goat herding , something more in keeping with their true skills? 🤔

Last edited:

Latest posts