What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SBS television

Does anyone on here watch SBS's world sports at 7 o'clock each night?

Their coverage of The NRL is very poor all they ever show is 30 seconds of action from one or two games and this the worlds number one football competition.Surely the NRL the worlds best football comp should get more coverage on a show calling itself "Toyota World Sports"?

Plus if you notice they never show any international football comps like the UK,France,PNG,NZ or Russia.There's plenty of bloody soccer a stupid girls game but no football.

And we the Australian taxpayer are funding this nonsense!!

RANT OVER

For now!!

Ari Gold

Bench
Nothing to worry about 'cause hardly anyone watches SBS since they took off their sex movies.

Mr Saab

Referee
Why would SBS have even 5 mins of league?? It is a soccer station in case you have not noticed, not a league station. World sport means just that...world sport.

Mr Saab said:
Why would SBS have even 5 mins of league?? It is a soccer station in case you have not noticed, not a league station. World sport means just that...world sport.

What and footy isn't a 'World' sport??

What about the NRL best football comp in the world, Joey Johns best footballer in the world, State of Origin biggest football game in the wortld??

What about Tri -nations or the World club challenge a comp that brings the two best football clubs in the world up against each other???

Footy is the sporting world and SBS should put more effort into showing australians the international side of football on their Toyota 'World' sports show!!

Cammo

Bench
Do they show Hurling? What about LaCrosse? How much Gaelic Football do they show each week?

Mr Saab

Referee
Joey J no1 Footballer said:
What and footy isn't a 'World' sport??

What about the NRL best football comp in the world, Joey Johns best footballer in the world, State of Origin biggest football game in the wortld??

What about Tri -nations or the World club challenge a comp that brings the two best football clubs in the world up against each other???

Footy is the sporting world and SBS should put more effort into showing australians the international side of football on their Toyota 'World' sports show!!

In the big picture, soccer is 1000000 x what League is in terms of "world" popularity. Have you ever seen Benny Elias on the show? He is there and comments about league regulary. SBS are not going to dedicate 20min of league to their sport show.

Mr Saab said:
In the big picture, soccer is 1000000 x what League is in terms of "world" popularity.

Yeah and Macdonalds sell the most burgers and the Chinese all eat fried rice but it don't mean they're any good

Bloody stupid soccer a friggin girls game that is it's not worthy of being mentioned on a football forum

Mr Saab

Referee
I am not fan of soccer, but i am a realist. When was the last time SBS televised a league game??? They dont have the rights to the code and they are SBS for crying out loud...they are not ch9 or foxtel....they are not going to dedicate a large chunk of time to league. Thats just a fact. They are a soccer station...how hard is that to comprehend? There program is world sport, not "australian sport"
I am known as a whinger on here, and i admit i can be a f**king big one, but your rant is ridiculous.

Mr Saab said:
I am not fan of soccer, but i am a realist. When was the last time SBS televised a league game??? They dont have the rights to the code and they are SBS for crying out loud...they are not ch9 or foxtel....they are not going to dedicate a large chunk of time to league. Thats just a fact. They are a soccer station...how hard is that to comprehend? There program is world sport, not "australian sport"
I am known as a whinger on here, and i admit i can be a f**king big one, but your rant is ridiculous.

I'm not talking about televising the NRL best football comp in the world but sme of the international football comps like France,Russia,Morocco,Lebenon,Tuisia,ItalyPNG,NZ,USA,Serbia I mean they've got planty of Slavics etc working for the company why not show some Serbian football

nqboy

First Grade
SBS - Soccer, Bloody Soccer.

But that's okay for me. I can't wait for the World Cup :D

Latest posts