What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SBW - harrassed or harrassment? Bulldogs to look into Williams altercation

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Danny the dribbler Weidler has been at it again - SBW in trouble.

The report is that Sonny was at Hugo Lounge and was involved in an altercation with a cameraman after he asked said cameraman not to take photos.

More as it comes to hand.

i don't blame him for been annoyed to be honest.
I think Weidler turning around and saying that sonny wants to leave to NZ or England because of it is a joke, he shouldn't make statements like that if he isnt 100% sure.

Been in trouble with the media has fired up our players in the past, will be interesting to see how we deal with it this week.

Timmah

Staff member
Bulldogs to examine Williams altercation

July 23, 2007 - 7:22PM

The Bulldogs are investigating an incident involving star backrower Sonny Bill Williams following reports he attacked a photographer at a Sydney nightclub on the weekend.

The Nine Network reported Williams took exception to a paparazzi photographer taking his picture as he left Hugo's Lounge in Kings Cross on Saturday night.

It is believed the photographer declined Williams' request for him to stop taking photos at which point the New Zealand Test forward allegedly knocked the camera from his hands, causing significant damage to the equipment.

A Bulldogs official said the club was investigating the altercation but declined to comment any further, while the NRL said it had no knowledge of the incident at this stage.

The latest episode continues a turbulent season for Williams, who only last month was fined by police for urinating in public after attending a nightclub in Cronulla.

Williams swore off the drink following the incident.

There was also the infamous `toilet tryst' involving Sydney socialite Candice Falzon in April, Williams and Falzon caught on camera in a compromising position in a toilet cubicle at the Clovelly Hotel.

Courtesy www.leaguehq.com.au

Garts

Bench
Would be annoying but you just have to cop that sh!t I guess. No point knocking the camera to the ground, thats just dumb.

Timmah

Staff member
Personally I'd reserve comment about the exact nature of the story. We are talking about Danny Weidler, the media and the Bulldogs.

stevie013

Juniors
wheres the written rule that you cant take photos in public????

he is a superstar, get used to ppl taking photos of u....what a sook

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Well there is an unwritten rule that if someone ask you to stop doing somethnig because it's annoying him, you stop doing it.

Papparazzi shouldn't be protected by the same legal code the rest of us are.

Mr Saab

Referee
It is the price you pay for being a "superstar"....and his level of attention is miniscule compared to say a Michael Jordan and what he copped in his day.
Weidler said on 2UE that SBW may head to England to play as he is sick of the attention.

Timmah

Staff member
Weidler said it. Exactly.

He made the sh*t up on the spot.

No quote from SBW himself.

WEIDLER.

Mr Saab

Referee
He said he had a "very good source".
Standard Weidler...and you have a cry continuously about it.

Timmah

Staff member
Weidler's "very good sauce" was probably the bottle of Worcestershire he picked up at Bi-Lo. Get a grip.

Nathan B

Juniors
I look forward to reading people's opinions on dealing with paparazzi.

All speaking from personal experience, of course.

eagle rock

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
Weidler said on 2UE that SBW may head to England to play as he is sick of the attention.
Hahaha...cause the pommy papparazzi are nice ppl too.
Any excuse to grab the cash.

innsaneink

Referee
Timmah said:
Weidler said it. Exactly.

He made the sh*t up on the spot.

No quote from SBW himself.

WEIDLER.

Pure speculation on your part Todger...put up ( a source) or stfu.

Timmah

Staff member
What's Weidler's source? Or is he exempt because you'd prefer to pick on me?

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Seriously, does anyone think it is time for SBW to stay off the piss? All it is doing is getting him into strife, and furthermore, going somewhere like Hugo's will only bring grief for someone as well known as him.

By the way, this isn't an attack on him, it seems to me the only alternative due to his profile.

Latest posts