What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SBW Return

Dogaholic

First Grade
Heard he was still limping today...just a rumour though.

Round 5 is against the raiders. It is a possibility.

legend

Coach
Lol, coming from a team that was spanked by the Knights last weekend and looked anything but contenders.

Tell me, who was the team that had back to back 50 point losses put on them in the past 12 months?

legend said:
Lol, coming from a team that was spanked by the Knights last weekend and looked anything but contenders.

Tell me, who was the team that had back to back 50 point losses put on them in the past 12 months?

Oh dear.

And the week before the Dogs hammered the reigning Premiers...So? What does it all mean?....I'll tell you what - at this embryonic stage of the season - NOTHING!

Basing such strong opinions on the basis of one game is like spitting into the wind (the very ironically named) Legend!....Sooner or later, one's gonna come flying back and slop on your face...and everyone will be pointing & laughing! ;-)

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
Hughes, Sherwin and O'Meley have had more than one sh*t game.

We need discipline. Hughes needs to get his hands out of the ruck area, O'Meley needs to focus on the game and not loose his head so easily, and Sherwin should be banished back to Premier League. On form to this point, he is not exactly going to set the league on fire.

JK

legend said:

Sorry? Is that irony I see staring me right in the face??

It sure is - a bored househusband raiders fan scanning the bulldogs page in some sort of manic search for distraction and then attacking us about losing to the knights??

Excuse me? No raiders fan can ever talk about the Knights to us! Two weeks is not that long a time.

Also -
2005: Dogs 12th, Raiders 14th
2004: Dogs Premiers, Raiders 8th

Please go back to Oprah!

bigdogsgottaeat said:
Hughes, Sherwin and O'Meley have had more than one sh*t game.

We need discipline. Hughes needs to get his hands out of the ruck area, O'Meley needs to focus on the game and not loose his head so easily, and Sherwin should be banished back to Premier League. On form to this point, he is not exactly going to set the league on fire.

O'Meley was strong against the Panthers and thoroughly destructive against the Tigers. They had NO idea how to handle him! Newcastle was a rare bad game for Ogre.

Corey Hughes has never BEEN anything to write home about - so he never had far to fall...and Sherwin has at least showed glimpses of the old Shifty in the first 2 games. But he's still got a long way back up to the lofty heights of 2002 and 2004, yes.

Who would you have replace Sherwin? Ngawini & Ben Roberts aren't ready for first grade, and if Corey Hughes ever gets the #7 jersey on his back again I swear I will take him out in the warmup myself so he doesnt get onto the field!! :p

We need to stick with Shifty - he just needs a bit more support.

It could be a LOT worse...we could be Canberra! :lol:

legend

Coach
JK said:
Sorry? Is that irony I see staring me right in the face??

It sure is - a bored househusband raiders fan scanning the bulldogs page in some sort of manic search for distraction and then attacking us about losing to the knights??

Excuse me? No raiders fan can ever talk about the Knights to us! Two weeks is not that long a time.

Also -
2005: Dogs 12th, Raiders 14th
2004: Dogs Premiers, Raiders 8th

Please go back to Oprah!

Which of the two teams were last to win the spoon?

BTW, long time no see JK. Still as angry as ever. ;-)

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
Bring Back the Spliff said:
It could be a LOT worse...we could be Canberra! :lol:

Yeah, I'll pay that - things could be a lot worse!

My only problem with O'Meley, even against the Tigers, was that he didn't seem to keep a lid on it. Aggression is one thing, but you've got to back it up I've no problem with Shrek if he puts in the hard yards.

Take a player like Tallis. He was an absolute thug of a player, but he backed it up, week after week. As long as O'Meley backs up the hot head with quality results, I'll be happy. I'm just concerned because for memory O'Meley's first start was against the Knights, and he was pretty average (admittedly, we were thoroughly outclassed). Maybe he's better coming off the bench?

Sherwin showed "glimpses", but its not enough. He needs to play consistently well. That decision to try to find touch on the 20-meter restart when it was completely unnecessary was pretty damn stupid. It comes down to discipline.

Maybe Ryan needs to be more aggressive in his leadership? We seem to lack something on the park. I personally think Mason would be a better choice. Fair enough he loses his temper, but he's definitely a leader.

Dogaholic

First Grade
legend said:

and yet won more games than any other team in that season.

shiznit

Coach
back on SBW....
any chance of SBW playing in the ANZAC test for the kiwis?
imagine seing SBW, Benji, cutie & Halatau doing the haka side by side. the games future for sure.

I shouldn't think SBW would be allowed or cleared to play in the ANZAC Test. He might have only one...maybe 2 Premiership games at best under his belt by then.

Jackal Dog

Juniors
If he is fit and has atleast played a fews games why should he not be picked? Benji, Karmichael, SBW and Halatua, all out to ruin Joey Johns final rep game would be a cracker!

aenima1

Juniors
why would a raiders fan come in here and talk about the dogs? the raiders are probably about the weakest team in the nrl and will struggle to stay away from the wooden spoon at the end of the season. have the raiders ever actually finished above the bulldogs since about 94??

Jackal Dog said:
If he is fit and has atleast played a fews games why should he not be picked? Benji, Karmichael, SBW and Halatua, all out to ruin Joey Johns final rep game would be a cracker!

Because the Bulldogs club 'pay the bills' as it were...And I for just one - would be LESS than impressed - if SBW was picked to play in - what is essentially - a meaningless Test - ANZAC Test and Joey's last rep game or no - in just his second or third game back in TOTAL from a long term debilitating injury - and broke down again.

That's why.

JK

legend said:

I save my anger for you!

And notice I only went back two years! :lol: