What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SBW rumor

Inferno

Coach
neither of them is worth 500K.

He has still yet to step up and prove the hype correct IMO.

spider

Coach
i thought you didnt rate SBW?

blacktip-reefy said:
I didnt understand all of the original hype. Especially seeing he was labelled the best in the league after 7 games.
I now think those statements were correct.

Sort of player who can turn a finals game on its head in your favour in 15 -20 minutes of brilliance.

how many games had he played as at June last year reefy?

I think more than 7...

bluey

Bench
blacktip-reefy said:
Did anybody know back then why he was playing in the centres? I didn't.

i thinkit was like gibbo used to say,
Scatch it where it itches.

wobbegong

Juniors
blacktip-reefy said:
Did anybody know back then why he was playing in the centres? I didn't.

Folkes thought he would face less physical contact out there. Thought he would ease him in to the forwards. SBW did a great job considering he doesn't like playing in the Centers and he prefers the action in the forward. (Typical of a Phil Bailey). Personally, I wouldn't have him out there either. If he's fit to play in the centers, he should be able to play 2nd row.

Also, SBW would be the best signing for our club since ET. No doubt!

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Sonny Bill is a deadset gun. I couldn't care if he missed half the games every year because what he could do for you when he was on the field could go a long way towards an NRL ring.

It's a pipe dream though. He'll remain a bulldog I reckon.

Unless of course O'Meley and Lote are smokescreens.

Thomo.

First Grade
but alot of people would see that if he does get injured the money would be wasted.

having a SBW in the forward pack would be awesome for the team without a doubt

i tend to agree that he will most likely remain loyal

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Thomo. said:
but alot of people would see that if he does get injured the money would be wasted.

having a SBW in the forward pack would be awesome for the team without a doubt

i tend to agree that he will most likely remain loyal

15,000 people at a trial in NZ on the weekend.

Sonny Bill played.

You wouldn't waste money on a crowd puller like SBW.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
lol

Come on SBW for Kimmorley and Simmo, should have done the deal lst year and thrown in Beau Scott.

Thomo.

First Grade
Frenzy. said:
15,000 people at a trial in NZ on the weekend.

Sonny Bill played.

You wouldn't waste money on a crowd puller like SBW.

does family count:shock:

Since 73

First Grade
You don't spend that much money on 1 player.
SBW's a class act when he's on fire.
Hasn't been on fire much in 2 seasons.

When he's sitting in the stands every 2nd week you look at the side on the park and think, "Gee, what we could have bought with that 500K".

Not the player he once was when the Bullies won their title 4 years ago.
Price, Ryan, O'melley, Asotasi, Mason and co.
Helluva lot of softening up went on then to allow him to do his stuff.

SBW, will bring numbers in the gate, if the club does sign him we must be smart about it, a 5 year deal, would be way to go, clause re fitness, which all clubs would insist at beginning of season.

Try to backend contract paying more in seasons 4 & 5, as salary cap increases his contract, would not effect cap as much, this would also allow, should we win comp in SBW's first 3 years at club, we may find a english club in saeson 4 & 5, wanting him and being able to pay out backend part of contract.

Yes would should look at getting SBW, but very closely how we word the contract

Since 73

First Grade
SBW and Benji have been the biggest superstars and marketers dreams in the past few years.
Both have won Grand Finals before they turned 21.

The next one....
Jarrod Mullen.
He has Joey's spot at the knights from 2008 (or maybe sometime during 2007) so will be immoveable from Newcastle.

The next...
Berrick barnes - currently wasting his career with Eddie Jone's no-hopers.
Feels indebted to wayne bennett and will head back their when next contract is due and Locky is winding down.

These 2 guys have the ability to do what Benji did as the Tigers went from one giant-kill to another on their way to the title - create the match-winning play when it is needed to get a side home.

Sell Noddy, Simmo, Bird and the Chinese restaurant to get the next superstar playmaker.

That's how you win a title.
Johns
Langer
Stuart
Sherwin
Fittler
Marshall
Kimmorely
Gower
Lyons
Lockyer

We've had some stars and gone real close a few times.
But apart from Tommy this has been our weakness at crucial times.
Someone to engineer a win.
Barry Russell's combination with gavin Miller should have got us a grand final with the Bullies 2 decades ago, but for a busted shoulder.

Thomo.

First Grade
Since 73 said:
SBW and Benji have been the biggest superstars and marketers dreams in the past few years.
Both have won Grand Finals before they turned 21.

The next one....
Jarrod Mullen.
He has Joey's spot at the knights from 2008 (or maybe sometime during 2007) so will be immoveable from Newcastle.

The next...
Berrick barnes - currently wasting his career with Eddie Jone's no-hopers.
Feels indebted to wayne bennett and will head back their when next contract is due and Locky is winding down.

These 2 guys have the ability to do what Benji did as the Tigers went from one giant-kill to another on their way to the title - create the match-winning play when it is needed to get a side home.

Sell Noddy, Simmo, Bird and the Chinese restaurant to get the next superstar playmaker.

That's how you win a title.
Johns
Langer
Stuart
Sherwin
Fittler
Marshall
Kimmorely
Gower
Lyons
Lockyer

We've had some stars and gone real close a few times.
But apart from Tommy this has been our weakness at crucial times.
Someone to engineer a win.
Barry Russell's combination with gavin Miller should have got us a grand final with the Bullies 2 decades ago, but for a busted shoulder.

:clap: :clap:

good point there

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Since 73 said:

Well we have Bazza's son Jack in the Matthews this year.

Latest posts