What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SBW - The next Terry Lamb?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Well in his latter years Terry actaully didn't really train, most of the time he was on the bike and that was it, he had pretty good endurance still for an older bloke.

Must be a Chester Hill hornets thing :mrgreen:

TigerMo

Juniors
Hey, atleast when SBW retires, 10 years later he won't go coaching a rival club, destroy the club with poor coaching and poor decisions, and think it's funny for one of his players to poke a finger up the oppositions arses!

Red Bear

Referee
Sonny bill isnt such a dirty barsted. However if he takes out finch or fittler next week i think he can be compared to terry lamb. Lamb is scum

^ Pando

retired
Lamb had a good coaching career with Canterbury minor grades. I guess he didn't have much to work with at the Tigers. You can hardly blame him for their poor perfomances since after he was sacked.

Greenblooded

Juniors
I'm not a Bulldogs fan, but fair dinkum Lamb is a legend! How can you compare the two players anyway, SBW is awesome without a doubt, but he's only been around for five minutes!

^ Pando

retired
GoTheBears said:
Sonny bill isnt such a dirty barsted. However if he takes out finch or fittler next week i think he can be compared to terry lamb. Lamb is scum

I guess it was a bit silly of me to think anyone but a Bulldogs supporter would see Lamb for the great player that he was, regardless of team affiliation. Some people are quick to overlook talent just because a player isn't playing for their side.

Why not acknowledge a great player on their merits? I've said many times that I'd love to have Lockyer at the Bulldogs, and I hate Brisbane.

Credit where credit's due......

Greenblooded

Juniors
^ Pando said:
GoTheBears said:

I guess it was a bit silly of me to think anyone but a Bulldogs supporter would see Lamb for the great player that he was, regardless of team affiliation. Some people are quick to overlook talent just because a player isn't playing for their side.

Why not acknowledge a great player on their merits? I've said many times that I'd love to have Lockyer at the Bulldogs, and I hate Brisbane.

Credit where credit's due......

I just did. :lol:

TigerMo

Juniors
^ Pando said:
Lamb had a good coaching career with Canterbury minor grades. I guess he didn't have much to work with at the Tigers. You can hardly blame him for their poor perfomances since after he was sacked.

Well, once he left and we picked up Sheensy, we have been on the way up and have been re-building our team. Although we didn't make the 8, we have got ridden of our off-field problems (Hoppa, Field, Mcguiness etc) and there have been alot of positive signs for the future. ;-)

^ Pando

retired
Greenblooded said:
I'm not a Bulldogs fan, but fair dinkum Lamb is a legend! How can you compare the two players anyway, SBW is awesome without a doubt, but he's only been around for five minutes!

Agreed. He could end up like Tyrone Smith, the "next big thing that went on to do nothing", but SBW looks the goods.

^ Pando

retired
TigerMo said:
^ Pando said:

Well, once he left and we picked up Sheensy, we have been on the way up and have been re-building our team. Although we didn't make the 8, we have got ridden of our off-field problems (Hoppa, Field, Mcguiness etc) and there have been alot of positive signs for the future. ;-)

I think Lamb's biggest problem at the Tigers was that he was too matey with the players, something we have seen a lot with player coaches in recent years. Langmack suffered for it, Nathan Brown may have just survived it, Ricky Stewart has worked through it.

Greenblooded

Juniors
I don't think Stuart ever had an issue with it, he was like a coach on the field when he was a player anyway. The Raiders forwards never went better when he was out there. :D

Ron Jeremy

Coach
^ Pando said:
Ron Jeremy said:
Thats right, brillant ground now, best in our comp imo, so many memories. :mrgreen:

Do you even know what ground I'm talking about? :lol:

I was talking about Terry Lamb complex at Chester Hill :? .....oh please don't tell me.........

^ Pando

retired
Greenblooded said:
I don't think Stuart ever had an issue with it, he was like a coach on the field when he was a player anyway. The Raiders forwards never went better when he was out there. :D

Coach or ref? :lol: :p

Greenblooded

Juniors
^ Pando said:
Greenblooded said:

Coach or ref? :lol: :p

Hey sometimes they needed a hand :lol:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Great ground, many fine memories there, played against many NRL star at that ground........and i played all over them 8)