What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SBW VS Jamie Lyon

Freak2

Juniors
I know the SBW issue has been flogged to bits but I would like to put another reflection on this.

How is what SBW has done any different to what Jamie "THE JUDAS" Lyon did to Parramatta???

DG is coming out in the press indicating that SBW will never play NRL again whilst the original Judas is back playing for Manly. )The club he had intentions of joining the minute he walked out on the Parramatta club).

Until the NRL puts a blanket ban on any player leaving the NRL to play another code or comp a contract will continue to mean a big fat 0!

I'm sorry DAVE but you set a pretty pis weak precedent with our boy Jamie and now you simply must sleep in your bed you have made.

Beware MAX exedus is coming. After the up coming Rugby League World Cup I'm predicting another 10 international players to walk!!

And here we where worried about the restriction of trade with a draft!!:crazy:

Mr Saab

Referee
Exactly the same....and the reward for Judas Lyon?

In 2006 he was given a test jersey in the tri series having not played NRL since 2004
In 2007 he was playing origin..

Something really smelt with that one.

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
At least Lyon didn't go on the footy show each week telling all who'd listen how much of a loyal f**k he was, and the big difference is that osama bin laden look-a-like Koder Nasser had nothing to do with Lyon, he's just a dumb f**k, Williams on the other hand is a lying,backstabbing, merkin that will be remembered here for all the wrong things.

Freak2

Juniors
For David Gallop to say SBW is never aloud to return to NRL is to inform Jamie Lyon go back to Super League or Wee Waa or anywhere else that Uncle Cleal wants to get a pay check from!!!

Eels Dude

Coach
As an Eels supporter, I hate what Lyon did, but what he did was nowhere near as bad as what Sonny Bill's done.

Lyon at least had to dignity to go up to his club and ask for time off which they allowed him.

He obviously lied about certain things and never really gave an explanation, however the fact that he spoke to the club initially and worked with them later to get a release at a later stage puts him in a lot higher category in my book.

Williams on the other hand, walked out and disappeared without telling a soul, 2 days before he was expected to play. That's a dog act of a lot lower kind.

Bradley Wardle

Juniors
I think it is important that this topic doesn't detract from the current situation and isn't seens as Parramatta supporters crying about spilt milk 4 years on. What Sonny has done to all involved with the Bulldogs is wrong. End of story. What Jamie Lyon did to Parramatta was equally wrong. However he was also seen at games with a Sea Eagles jersey held up in front of him, expressed the fact that he was homesick and ended up in the North of England and yet was still welcomed back to the NRL with open arms and a nice fat contract. Parramatta received no support from the media or the NRL. He was a test player at the time and was on extremely good money with the Eels. The media and I will use Peter Peters on his Sunday morning program yesterday as an example was vicious in his disgust at what Sonny Bill had done the day before. He mentioned loyalty and honouring contracts repeatedly. Talk about hypocritical, he has the biggest case of Judas since the original at the club he is heavily involved with. As a Parramatta supporter I feel for the Bulldogs even though quite obviously they are our fiercest rivals. I am also filthy that the precedence that was set by Jamie Lyon has virtually gone unmentioned until now.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
its simple really, one left for vichyball the other (whislt also a traitorous dickhead) was atleast loyal to his code.

Scott

Bench
Exactly the same....and the reward for Judas Lyon?

In 2006 he was given a test jersey in the tri series having not played NRL since 2004
In 2007 he was playing origin..

Something really smelt with that one.

Fulton told Lyon if he signed for Manly, *edit, unsubstantiated*

I don't think it was the same. With Lyon, it was never about the money. He didn't give a sh*t about the money.

Last edited by a moderator:

eelandia

Juniors
*edit*

I don't think it was the same. With Lyon, it was never about the money. He didn't give a sh*t about the money.

Nor his mates at Parra - didn't bother telling them. Hindmarsh and Co were dirty about it at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeeJ

Bench
Clint Newton did a similar thing last year as well, although he asked permission and was released but essentially lied.

Eels Dude

Coach
Clint Newton did a similar thing last year as well, although he asked permission and was released but essentially lied.

Perhaps he lied. But initially he the right thing by the club and should be given credit for that. His statements afterwards were unfair and hurtful to the club and their fans. But he didn't just up and go like Williams has.

Freak2

Juniors
I thing is for sure and certain both the Eels and The Dogs have lost players they wanted to keep due to Cap restrictions by retaining these grubs before they fled their clubs.

One variation this time is Gallop wants to give concessions to the Bulldogs and restrict SBW from coming back to the NRL!!