What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SBW's grievance list

Dogaholic

First Grade
SBW :arrow: Union, and quickly please. And take your grubby manager with you.

Our game shouldn't bend over an accommodate unreasonable demands from a prima donna and their manager again, like it did with Joey. We should grow and develop players that aren't just in it to rape their own club's coffers to line their wallets.

I would much rather see Sonny Bill forced to stay at the Dogs on the money he is on now, nothing more. By letting him go to make more money in England, France or anywhere else we would be essentially accommodating him.

He can f**k off in 5 years when he is totally broken down. We'll see what he is worth then!

Eels Dude

Coach
I'm actually amazed that a bloke on a 400K contract, brokered by a professional, hasn't got any tax breaks! I bet a CEO on 400K will have them - a farm to claim everything on etc.

Nassers got a point.

Then again, if SBW is forking out 200K in tax per annum, and all players likewise, why have we got a f**king POKER MACHINE TAX???????

Firstly, CEO's aren't covered by salary caps. Secondly, that's up to Sonny Bill and his manager/ accountant to sort out. It shouldn't be up to the club as to what Sonny Bill invests his money in.

Not sure what you're trying to say in relation to income tax and the poker machine tax....??

hutch

First Grade
Oh no, he'll only clear $200k a year boo f**king hoo.

which is disgraceful when compared to leading sportsmen around the world. rugby league players are grossly underpaid compared to other sports.

in saying that, a contract is a contract, he should be made to stick to it.

fowlster

Juniors
Money-Bill could make more cash renting his butt out on Oxford St...

If he's even considering a move to another code (or boxing etc - I'm looking at you Mundane you tosser), he has no true passion for the game

Lowdown

Juniors
Clearly SBW doesn't need another manager...he needs a good accountant to minimise his tax.

Eels Dude

Coach
which is disgraceful when compared to leading sportsmen around the world. rugby league players are grossly underpaid compared to other sports.

in saying that, a contract is a contract, he should be made to stick to it.

How can you say that??

The NRL's potential worldwide audience is nothing compared to other local sporting competitions around the world. European football and the USA's NBA and NFL etc have a potential audience of over a billion people. Putting it into perspective it's hardy disgraceful.

Ryan

Juniors
I hope the Dogs sell him, and buy three COMMITED players to their cause for his asking price. A player like that is like having rust speading through the organisation. He's a great player, but his attitude may rub off on those around him.
I feel slack saying it about the kid, but it's maybe time he moved on.

ucantseeme

Juniors
The bulldogs should release him under the proviso he doesn't sign with another NRL club til his contract expires in 5 years. Push him out of our game so he is someone else's problem.

The problem with that is, you just know a club like Souths would start immediate negotiations to sign him up for the 2013 season. And pay overs for him too.

Munky

Coach
Uhm anyone earning SBW's salary has to pay 200K in tax.

Actually they pay about 150k before deductions and what not. I adjusted the salary to exclude 9% super contributions. I also included the 1.5% Medicare levy.

I imagine the deductions for a football player will be quite low.

Thats 50k extra they reckon he's paying in tax.

Sounds like SBWs new accountant is worse than his old one.

Inferno

Coach
Although he's going about it like a twat, who doesn't think he is worth 400k?

I don't think there would be a single club who wouldn't jump at having him for that sort of money.

That said he should blame his previous manager for negotiating such a shitty deal.

Eels Dude

Coach
Why should they release him? If they're only paying him 400k then that's his last manager's fault for not negotiating a better deal. He won't go to Souths... He'll sign with rugby or ESL and just be another lost player to our game.

The bulldogs should release him under the proviso he doesn't sign with another NRL club til his contract expires in 5 years. Push him out of our game so he is someone else's problem.

The problem with that is, you just know a club like Souths would start immediate negotiations to sign him up for the 2013 season. And pay overs for him too.

Sood

Juniors
Who the hell signs a 5 year deal, and then tries to back out the next year.

I hope they keep him and tell his manager to stick it.

Mr Saab

Referee
This is up there with Latrell Sprewell (NBA) who turned down a 19 million dollar contract as "He needs to feed his family"

watatank

Coach
^:lol:

Actually they pay about 150k before deductions and what not. I adjusted the salary to exclude 9% super contributions. I also included the 1.5% Medicare levy.

I imagine the deductions for a football player will be quite low.

Thats 50k extra they reckon he's paying in tax.

Sounds like SBWs new accountant is worse than his old one.

Well the point is it has little to do with the changing pokies tax laws

muznik

Juniors
Sonny,

Firstly - Get a better accountant. With some savvy property investment and the like you could reduce your tax payable but still have an appreciating asset (if done right).

Secondly - Get a better manager. Yes i know you just changed managers but I said BETTER ! Look at what Gallop explained re the 3rd party deals. You CAN have them but just not a Dogs (club) sponsor and just not wearing Doggies gear. If you are such a superstar surely you could line up a lucrative 3rd party deal with your marketable image & persona.

Charlie124

First Grade
Although he's going about it like a twat, who doesn't think he is worth 400k?

I don't think there would be a single club who wouldn't jump at having him for that sort of money.

That said he should blame his previous manager for negotiating such a shitty deal.

Me, and ive been saying it since before he signed his 5yr deal, he carried on like a greedy **** then and its no different now, just that a little of his hype is waring off and more people see him for what he is.

Spitty

Juniors
I think his list of grievances are just a smoke screen.

SBW's just wants a bigger slice of the pie left behind by Mason and Sherwin. His only grievance is that he signed before all that extra money became available.