What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SCG Seating

jargan83

Coach
Looks like I wil be in Sydney on the weekend of the 19th/20th of March so I will be keen to go and watch the Dragons vs Souths game that weekend.

I was wondering which seating blocks I should be looking at to buy tickets in for a good view of the game.

Incorrect

Coach
In the image below, the Ticketek insignia would roughly be where the playing field is going to be for a league match. That being the case, IMO, the best seats would be in the Brewongle or O'Reilly stands (assuming members and trust areas are not an option for you). Or the purple terrace sections in front of each of those stands. Although, the O'Reilly stand and that side of the ground might see you looking in to the afternoon sun so keep that in mind.

The Trumper and Churchill stands provide a great view of the ground for cricket, but for league, probably best to avoid as you'll be struggling to see what's happening at the northern end of the field when the action is up that end.

SSCGSWANS14_Tier1A.gif

cleary89

Coach
I've sat in bay 12 for a roosters v dragons match, bay 7 in the o'reilly for a dragons v tigers and 9 at the top of the brewongle stand for a dragons v bulldogs.

Also sat in the top of the members last year for dragons v souths.

Honestly, all are shit views. Sit side on if you can but your a good 50m away.

jargan83

Coach
Cheers for the info guys.

Yep. No such thing as a good view at the SCG for rugby league.

Yeah that was my thought. I get the novelty factor of it being played at the SCG but I assumed the views would be rubbish.

I assume the SCG trust dangles a financial carrot to keep getting this fixture? this is the 3rd year this game is being played at the ground?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Yep. No such thing as a good view at the SCG for rugby league.
Agreed. There's a reason why it's called the Sydney Cricket Ground.

Had some tremendous memories there from the 60s and 70s, and I love tradition, but the League was spot on with the move next door to the SFS.

Jargan, I understand it is a 3:00 pm kickoff so stay away from the eastern stands (Bill O'Reilly etc) and join those in the shade in the Brewongle and Churchill Stands. FTR, the Churchill Stand stands on the site of the Sheridan Stand where the original St George Dragon Army used to hang out.

cleary89

Coach
We had a sunday arvo there v the tigers after they had taken it away from Kogarah. They put all the platinum members in the Bill O'reily. Could not see a thing.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
We had a sunday arvo there v the tigers after they had taken it away from Kogarah. They put all the platinum members in the Bill O'reily. Could not see a thing.
Yes, and we lost perfectly good seats at Kogarah for that. Complaints were given lip service.

juanfarkall

Coach
Yes, and we lost perfectly good seats at Kogarah for that. Complaints were given lip service.

You must have some very strong connections to have been able to get such a response.

"Nothing is too good for our people, so nothing is exactly what they shall get."