What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Schiffa and Stuart

Chachi

Bench
circling eagle said:
Couldnt help but add my 2 cents here.

I dont know why any of you would want to see the back of Elliott, the guy has done amazing things over the last couple of years. You will probably shoot this down, but the Raiders playing roster has been a lot thinner in the last two years than previously, but he still gets you to the finals. This year you guys were widely tipped for the spoon, if your form (top 6 finish) continues Elliott should be coach of the year.

I agree 100%. No other coach in the league has had to deal with a one-way revolving door of quality players like Elliott has - yet we still make the finals. Unlike Stuart who is telling all and sundry that his "new" team may take 6 months to gel. Take a look at your roster Ricky...you've lost 2 players...

Raider_69

Post Whore
Chachi said:
circling eagle said:

I dont know why any of you would want to see the back of Elliott, the guy has done amazing things over the last couple of years. You will probably shoot this down, but the Raiders playing roster has been a lot thinner in the last two years than previously, but he still gets you to the finals. This year you guys were widely tipped for the spoon, if your form (top 6 finish) continues Elliott should be coach of the year.

I agree 100%. No other coach in the league has had to deal with a one-way revolving door of quality players like Elliott has - yet we still make the finals. Unlike Stuart who is telling all and sundry that his "new" team may take 6 months to gel. Take a look at your roster Ricky...you've lost 2 players...

no offence but that abit rich coming from a Raiders fan
how long did it take us to get on from the loss of Daley? Fittler was just as if not more important to the Roosters than Daley was to us.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
peter_raiders said:
As long as Schif gets Dally M player and fullback of the year then im happy.

But Elliott has done a great job turning this club around since Big Mal. Well Done.

And Schif, i can't believe i ever doubted you resigning for us. You're tops, continue your form and i hope you get a Maroon jersey. It's largely because of you that Canberra Stadium erupted last weekend, your passion rubs off onto all of us supporters. Congrats!!!

Well said. He will be a tough man to replace when he does retire but hopefully Mogg or Graham will be able to step up and fill his shoes.

Chachi

Bench
Raider_69 said:
Chachi said:
circling eagle said:

how long did it take us to get on from the loss of Daley? Fittler was just as if not more important to the Roosters than Daley was to us.

Fair point - but I don't remember the Raiders having 10+ Origin/Test players on the books when Daley retired. Good luck to him if he proves me wrong, but I don't like the look of the Roosters at the moment. If Finch and Wing aim up to be the players the selectors tell everyone they are, their team should be doing better right now. We also lost Mullins and Furner at the same time and the Roosters lost, umm, well, umm, Hodges.

It's just my opinion, but if you think you can compare the two situations be my guest!! 8)

Raider_69

Post Whore
Chachi said:
Raider_69 said:
Chachi said:
circling eagle said:

yep very good point
we had f**k all outside daley, they at least have something

Fair point - but I don't remember the Raiders having 10+ Origin/Test players on the books when Daley retired. Good luck to him if he proves me wrong, but I don't like the look of the Roosters at the moment. If Finch and Wing aim up to be the players they tell everyone they are, their team should be doing better than they are right now. If you think you can compare the two situations be my guest!! ;-)

sydraider

First Grade
If sticky comes back, do you think he might lure finch with him????
Bit of a worry IMO!

Still he coached well tonight, with a side with 12 men.

Um Jammer Lammy

Juniors
YAY! I'm happy that Schifcofske has re-signed. I will be dissapointed if he doesn't get the QLD number 1 jersey his defence really is superb NSW might have trouble getting over the line, and he has the most metres gained in his position in the comp *I think anyway coreect me if I'm wrong!*, with Slater at 5 Wesser in the 2 jersey. Thats what I hope happens because he deserves selection for QLD. I still want my Blues to win though!.

I would really like Ricky Stuart to be coach of the raiders! But although I'm not the biggest Elliott fan this season has started good and if it finishes with equal greatnest you can't fire him. But I'll probably never forgive him for Bulgarelli and Drew fiasco, that probably lead to Mike Monaghan being pushed out. Damn you DREW!

Go Raiders!