What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SCOOP RE YOUNG PLAYERS

Well I'll back Raper's judgement, he has every right to build his own squad independent of Chris Anderson's influence

Even if there are no apparent replacements yet, there's no point keeping players in PL who the coach reckons will never be of first grade standard.

Alan Shore

First Grade
It's disappointing, but Raper obviously has a plan and we can only hope it works. I like Newton so its disappointing to lose him, same for Vagg but we'll get over it.

Pfft everyone always goes overboard about these youngsters but really what has Newton really done to deserve such unbridled enthusiasm from the forumites?

PJ

First Grade
Goodwin is apparently going as well.

Don't know it for sure but I heard Canterbury missed him and Canberra picked him up.

DJDL

First Grade
Well I'll back Raper's judgement, he has every right to build his own squad independent of Chris Anderson's influence

That's about the size of it.
He's done a great job with a squad he had no say in assembling. Now that he's had time to look at what we've got it's only fair he be allowed to recruit or retain as and where he sees fit.

beekershark

Bench
The performances of the premierleague team for over 12 months have been extremely poort considering the "potential" and the number of players with first grade experience, if only a few games. They are meant to be playing for a promotion, yet play with a lack of passion and seemingly a lack of ambition, particulary at a time when there have been long term spots up for grabs in firsts.

The only player who has taken that chance for mine is Dumas.

BIckerstaff and isemonger, perhaps two of the most experienced players have actually been the ones to cement spots thru commitment and work load, if the other forwards in PL want to cry because they are being let go, then they best look in the mirror before blaming the coach playing favorites.

DJDL

First Grade
Well said Beeks.
Results speak volumes. And it's not something we've been seeing from the lower grades for a while now.

It's all well and good to say the players have promise.
How about bloody delivering?!

ali

Bench
If it's Boz, Vagg and Russo then good call. I think Newton deserves one more chance as he did show some potential last year, and has had an injury interupted season this year.

Booyah

Bench
I wouldn't be overly disappointed if Bosnich was shown the door.

Hasn't done much to impress me this year. That, and the fugger tried to hit on my sister with the worst pick-up line she has ever heard; " Hey, I'm a first grade footballer you know..."

Half the PL side will go at the end of the year so i am sure their would big some players let go who's retention could be questioned.

Developement of players is one thing i am a bit concerned about with Raper. It appears to me as if he hasnt placed a big priority on it at this stage anyway. As has been pointed out besides Simmons he seems to lack confidence with several of our younger players who could go good with a bit of a push along. We have seen some get the hook after one ordinary performance and that cant be a good thing for their confidence.

It is only his first year so i will reserve my judgement on this for a little while yet though.

Fin

Juniors
NthCronullaLocal said:
Developement of players is one thing i am a bit concerned about with Raper. It appears to me as if he hasnt placed a big priority on it at this stage anyway.

How can you say that? They're hardly setting the world on fire in PL and surely Raper's going to be more worried about stringing some wins together and scraping into the 8. There'll be time enough next year to blood ppl bit-by-bit once the side starts to gel and win consistently.

wizard

Juniors
HEY BEEKER DICK WHO SAID THE PLAYERS WERE CRYING YOU WERE ALL QUICK TO JUMP ON THE BANDWAGON WHEN NEWTON BELTED MYERS TO SAVE THE GAME LAST YEAR JUST BECAUSE ANDO GAVE THE YOUNG PLAYERS AGO NOT LIKE THE HAS BEEN WHO IS COACH SO WHAT HAPPENS TO JON GREEN & K GALLAWAY WHEN THEY COME BACK WILL THEY BE SHOWN THE DOOR TO BECAUSE ANDO GAVE THEM A GO :?: :?: :?:

Booyah

Bench
ShireShark said:
tried to hit on my sister with the worst pick-up line she has ever heard; " Hey, I'm a first grade footballer you know..."
:lol: :lol: :lol:

HAHA when did that happen? Couldnt have been too recent!!

Yeah I think it was in May or April. She had no clue who the f**k he was, and so I showed her a few pictures and she spotted the downie.

A for effort from him though. Normally she chews blokes up and spits them back out again, just for saying hello.

Ask Craig Wing! :lol: :lol:

ali

Bench
Comet you are wrong.

I agree with NCL and I said it the other day day. Rapes is a lot harsher on the younger players except Simmons. For mine Galloway should have never been dropped. I was also hoping Aitken would come along quicker. I think a talent like his could be handled better. Anyway there is still plenty of time.

Latest posts