What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scott Donald Signs for 2 more years

groggo

Juniors
scotty.jpg

Today's Manly Daily:
By Adam Lucius.
One for the fans

Relieved Manly winger Scott Donald has thanked loyal fans for their campaign of support after accepting a new two-year deal to stay at Brookvale.

The 24-year old flyer was the subject of intense backing from supporters after it initially appeared the Sea Eagles were prepared to let him go.

But following a flood of protest letters to The Manly Daily and lobbying from supporters on club websites, Donald has been rewarded with a new contract.

"The support has been very encouraging and very flattering," he said ahead of tomorrow's clash with Canberra. "You don't realise how much people are behind you until something like this happens. I really appreciate it and am glad it's all worked out for the best."

Manly executive director Paul Cummings claimed Donald was always high on the club's list of priorities. "Ive got to say Scotty also enjoyed a lot of support from inside the club and it was never a matter of us not wanting him," he said.

"We just had to move a few things around to accomodate him. I was aware of the support he was receiving because everytime I walked through the leagues club someone would pull me up and say we've got to sign Scotty. I'm glad that something has been worked out. He's a real winger's winger in that he knows how to score a try."

SMOKEY

Juniors
:shock: Paul Cummings was on 2gb today saying only an offer has been made...and that they hope he will accept by sometime next week!!! :oops:

t-ba

Post Whore
Can these Blokes get there stories straight :lol: .

Cummings approach has been rather bad this year. Hopefully he's learning from his mistakes for next years campaign

lodown

Juniors
Yes, finally :clap:

Manly executive director Paul Cummings claimed Donald was always high on the club's list of priorities.

Can't have been too high, a month after the anti-tampering deadline, and even hoppa was resigned before him.

Latest posts