What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scott Prince should be moved to 5/8.

Should Prince play 5/8?

• Total voters

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
Scott Prince is a great play maker and to me is not just one of the core players of the club but is apart of what the club is, especially as captain. Last season he played poorly by his own standards and a lot of fans have said the reason for this is because he didn't have a real halves partner.

Moving Prince to five-eighth will give him more room and space and out of that he will provide the outside backs will earlier ball in more space. The only problem with moving him there will be finding a halfback for the team and with Cartwright insisting on using Zillman at 5/8th, this could be a problem.

Coaster

Bench
I personally dont think he should.

A halfbacks main role is to get the team into the attacking 20, and give the 5/8 space to make a scoring play. Prince is excellent at that, we just persist with running 5/8's and refuse to play a ball player.

Im hearing that Zillman is penciled in for 5/8 this year, FMD. Give Sezer a go IMO. You have size and strength outside in Gordon Mead and Idris and Champion, we need a smart ball playing 5/8, not a runner of the ball.

Titanic

First Grade
At this stage of his career Prince needs to review what he didn't do last season and deal with that. Moving is a Bandaid fix. As for Zillman at 5/8 ... has Carty learned nothing from last year? Jaysus H Bloody Chryste ... get a grip of yourself!

Talanexor

Juniors
Until recently I rated Prince as the best halfback in the NRL, above Cronk and Thurston. (Still think Thurston is a slightly better player, but more suited to five-eighth). But last season Prince was rubbish, really starting to show his age.

I also think that Friend being out for most of the season made Prince looks worse too. They had a great combination in previous seasons. Although the emergence of Srama is probably one of the bright spots of 2011, and I rate that kid like crazy. He's definitely going places.

Neither Zillman nor Bird are the answer and personally I have real doubts over Henry too. But I definitely agree you need another ball player at five-eighth to take some of the creative pressure off Prince.

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
Neither Zillman nor Bird are the answer and personally I have real doubts over Henry too. But I definitely agree you need another ball player at five-eighth to take some of the creative pressure off Prince.

This is the biggest point. Until this happens it doesn't matter where Prince plays imo. We need Henry, Rankin or Sezer in the halves with Prince. Having Zillman in the halves is not the best thing for the team or for William himself.

hardbaby

Coach
As a non-Titans supporter that's the thing that stood out to me last year. Bird is awesome but he can't ball play before the line. Zillman is a freak but lacks vision. Those guys limit your play in the outside backs. I think Sezer is the answer.

APRIL BELLE

Juniors
This is the biggest point. Until this happens it doesn't matter where Prince plays imo. We need Henry, Rankin or Sezer in the halves with Prince. Having Zillman in the halves is not the best thing for the team or for William himself.

Rankin lol - do you think we will see Rankin make 1 fair dinkum tackle this year ?

I wouldnt be surprised to see Srama end up at 6. For some reason Cartwright doesnt like Bird at 6, dont know why.

mene

Juniors
I was at tonights Titans v Broncos Trial and there is no doubt in my mind that Rankin is a nice 5/8 to partner with Prince. He received an injury midway through the 2nd half and I have not heard the reports as yet.

Titanic

First Grade
Here and at Titans forums all over the place there is a collective worry that Cartwright will stick with his pigheaded "keep Zillman at 5/8" option. Rankin is certainly not our FB solution but seemed like the goods last night against the Broncos with Zillman deserving first shot and pretty fair options in Jarvan White, Phil Graham and even David Mead who plays there for PNG. Beau Falloon's effort until injured puts the cat amongst the pigeons for hooker.

One thing for sure, that makes better reading than debating the wooden spoon.

rabbitohs95

Bench
I think the Titans best options for 1-7 would be:

1. Will Zillman (He's probably your best option imo, and he's a good at the back)
2. Kevin Gordon (Freakish winger and speed to burn, along with Mead his spot is cemented)
3. Beau Champion (Can be devestating in attack and solid in defence, but we'll just have to see)
4. Jamal Idris (Wouldn't say the star of the backline but he can perform very well and smash through defences with ease)
5. David Mead (Another freakish winger, and has speed to burn as well, i think his spot is cemented as well)
6. Aiden Sezer (Up and coming star from what i've heard is solid all around, and can organise well)
7. Scott Prince (Best option at halfback and should rise up to the occasion with a new look team)

mene

Juniors
Aiden wont get his chance for a while, his knee just isnt up to scratch at the moment. Last year throughout the trial Rankin and Prince formed a good partnership but and Zilly was on the injured list. Move forward a year and it's the same with Zilly still injured and Prince/Rankin bonding well.

Falloon looks to be out for an extended time with a torn bicep and Kev could be aswell. He felt something when he tried to step of his weak knee...not good atm.

Titanic

First Grade
Sezer is injured but is the most fancied choice while Henry is not fully fit either. Rankin has a fair claim to the 6 jersey but who knows what is in the wandering thoughts of our great leader.

K Mull

Juniors
When he failed to fire the Titans lost everything. For the GC to be any sort of threat Prince has to fire for the season or it might be a waste of money buying all the players that they did

Latest posts