What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scott Prince

Wizardman

First Grade

Tigers 2005 premiership-winning captain Scott Prince admits leaving Wests for the Titans in 2006 is his biggest rugby league regret.

In a candid interview with Fox Sports’ Darcie McDonald for the Fox League Podcast, Prince opens up on his Gold Coast move, Origin career and that famous Benji Marshall flick pass in the 2005 NRL Grand Final.

REGRET AT SIGNING WITH TITANS

Prince was at the peak of his powers when he signed with new franchise the Gold Coast Titans at the end of 2006 as their inaugural captain.

The former halfback had spent three seasons with Wests culminating in their maiden 2005 premiership in what is now viewed as the club’s most successful period.

It was a fruitful time for Prince as well with the dynamo making his Queensland and Australian debuts while at the Tigers.

Prince said he had few rugby league regrets, but shifting to the Gold Coast, where he would go on to spend the next six years, still plays on his mind.

“I look back now and one regret about rugby league and my career it was probably me leaving the Tigers. If the Tigers moved to Queensland I probably would have stayed,” the 2005 Clive Churchill Medallist said.

“I always wanted to come home (to Queensland) but I think you’re sort of underestimating what we were able to achieve in those three years on a personal level also.

“But at the time, a young family, I just wanted to get back to Queensland. It was a real regret and something that doesn’t really sit comfortably with me.

“I would have loved to have stayed and one thing I would have loved for my footy career was to probably stay at the Tigers for another two or three years. You never know what could have happened in that period.

“Nevertheless, we moved to the Gold Coast and that was the start of the new franchise at the Gold Coast Titans.”